• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage Trailer

VulcanRaven

E1B1BcdXIAM17z0

First trailer was just released. Andy Serkis is directing this. I really liked the previous movie so I'm excited about this. I just wish Spider-Man was in these.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Looks like their leaning into what worked in the first movie. Thank goodness they got rid of woody's terrible wig too. It's so odd that this is the only comic book movie I have any interest in seeing.

Labolas

Eh, I'm not really on board quite yet. Not liking the comedy bits in this. And I think that supposed Shriek at the 1:22 mark. If it is then this movie is already on a bad start. What is up with Hollywood's obsession with black people in white characters' roles?

sol_bad

EEEEEHHHHHH
The first part of the trailer certainly does not have me on board. So dumb.
I did not like the first movie and Andy Serkis directing does not have me excited after his Jungle Book film.

Aggelos

Last edited:

manfestival

Has potential. Despite being lackluster, I still enjoyed the first one. Here is to hoping that they don't cut any corners like the first and make this R.

NahaNago

The first one was good but maybe a bit too overhyped hopefully this one is decent as well. Carnage should be awesome to just see creating carnage

kunonabi

Eh, I'm not really on board quite yet. Not liking the comedy bits in this. And I think that supposed Shriek at the 1:22 mark. If it is then this movie is already on a bad start. What is up with Hollywood's obsession with black people in white characters' roles?
Yeah shriek will undoubtedly be the weak link especially since they cast naomi Harris of all people.

Shubh_C63

Maybe I went with the wrong expectations on the first one because it was a pooper.
This looks 10 times better to me.

Kadve

Any word on the budget for this one? Thought the first movie felt a bit cheap so a proper budget would certainly improve this one.

Nothing in the trailer that truly "grabs" me though. I get the impression that the design document just read "Lets introduce Carnage!" and nothing more.

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
WUT I didn't even know they were making a sequel. I'm pleasantly surprised I look forward to watching it!

kunonabi

Which makes me wonder why the hell she's even in this? Eh, whatever.
Well the character is super white and has sound powers so she didnt stand a chance of not being race bent - see Domino, Black Canary

Sony's pulling the same thing with the Morbius film which is why I probably wont see it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I think Woody Harrelson is going to absolutely kill it as Cletus Kasady, but I'm not sold on the rest of the movie. Especially the comedic bits that showed the trailer.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Not bad, but trailers can be deceiving. The first movie was surprisingly decent, and the people behind this movie are good, so I'll give it a shot.

Vestal

Gold Member
color me intrigued.. The added banter between Hardy and Venom out in public could provide some pretty interesting situations.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
ba56cf8895d3591e2715f733a5952492.jpg

Considering her design is basically black leather with pale white skin.
It's very amusing
Doesn't mean the pale white skin and leather is off the cards though
Does make you question how they went about casting 🤔
It's like Prince Harry auditioning to be the next Black Panther

Liljagare

Yea, not feeling this one either. Woody, as Carnage, hell yeah.

But the humour of Venom just really goes against all the comics, he wasnt funny in a fun way exactly, he was fun as, I don't really care who I kill/who dies. But, I figured Venom would be a really hard character to properly get into the movie universe, with it's fun, but sort of silly, humour spiel going on.

If they atleast let Carnage be Carnage, I reckon it will be a good flick though, and starring Woody, gives some promise and hope?

showernota

The first one was a goofy fun time. Kind of a throwback to mid-2000s cape films, but slightly better.

Upgrade was similar and much much better IMO, but Venom wasn't bad.

Making it a comedy was a good move.

Still sucks that Spidey isn’t involved though.
idk he could be

when woody smashes that spider could be hinting at a spidey entrance

my hope is there will be a spiderman cliffhanger at the end, if not him showing straight up to help venom defeat carnage

Looks dumb just like the first movie...Venom was the best spiderman villain and hes been made into a joke in all the movies.

I was hoping the new marvel spiderman movie would finally get him in there done right but they never even introduced the black suit into the mcu ..yet

xamazing-spider-man-316.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9LB4o6XEQb.jpg

Labolas

Apparently, the cop in the trailer reading the newspaper is Pat Mulligan, the first host of Toxin symbiote, the offspring of Carnage.

Alebrije

Bro Venom ...vs comic Venom...I prefer the comic one...this Venom could be on Space Jam 2 with Bugs Bunny team doing cool stuff.

The movie looks good anyway...hope it sales good so we can get a 3rd one with spidy included.

Top Bottom