• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update on GeForce Leak

SNG32

If PC was superior, it wouldn't use 300%+ times the power to achieve slightly higher fps and resolution or AA.
At this stage performance between the two platforms is minimal in terms of visible differences.

My definition of 'Dumbass', as you called me..... is someone who pays Nvidia 700 to 1500 dollars or more for marginal performance gains. To use a mess of a store like Steam, flooded with trash and asset swaps and on an OS like Windows. Games optimized badly, cheats and hacks rampant in multiplayer games..... in fact I think most PC gamers play there to abuse things like mods to get one up on other gamers, people with no sense of fair play, who have zero sportsmanship or willingness to improve themselves in real terms.

Then after paying 1,500 to Nvidia... one of the scummiest companies on the planet... PC gamers often brag about how little they paid to hardworking developers.

That is what really rubs me the wrong way, the priorities are all backwards... no appreciation for hard work and talent but foaming at the mouth to put money in the pockets of corporate fat-cats at Nvidia and MSFT.

Ok this is all personal opinon. Which Sony doesn't give a shit about. The fact and logical point is that games sell on PC.

This nvidia leak must be the biggest leak of all time, right? At least so far :messenger_tears_of_joy:

No Bloodborne on PC/ps5 still hurts, the greatest game of all time, imo :messenger_anxious:

Last edited:

SNG32

The sales are miniscule, they have done nothing to PlayStations revenue and profits.... you can see over quarterly reports. It's worth nothing but can hurt the console business.
It won't because there is alot of console warriors such as yourself that will still buy games on Sony consoles. It's not hurting the console business they aren't releasing games day and date.

If PC was superior, it wouldn't use 300%+ times the power to achieve slightly higher fps and resolution or AA.
At this stage performance between the two platforms is minimal in terms of visible differences.

My definition of 'Dumbass', as you called me..... is someone who pays Nvidia 700 to 1500 dollars or more for marginal performance gains. To use a mess of a store like Steam, flooded with trash and asset swaps and on an OS like Windows. Games optimized badly, cheats and hacks rampant in multiplayer games..... in fact I think most PC gamers play there to abuse things like mods to get one up on other gamers, people with no sense of fair play, who have zero sportsmanship or willingness to improve themselves in real terms.

Then after paying 1,500 to Nvidia... one of the scummiest companies on the planet... PC gamers often brag about how little they paid to hardworking developers.

That is what really rubs me the wrong way, the priorities are all backwards... no appreciation for hard work and talent but foaming at the mouth to put money in the pockets of corporate fat-cats at Nvidia and MSFT.
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

This is the greatest example of delusional and hypocrite combined into a single post I've seen in a while. Thanks for that.

The sales are miniscule, they have done nothing to PlayStations revenue and profits.... you can see over quarterly reports. It's worth nothing but can hurt the console business.
How can you be this ignorant to the success of titles like God of War on PC? Fucking hell, even Sony said “We view the deployment of our game IP on multiple platforms as a major growth opportunity for Sony, as has been evidenced by the success of the PC versions of God of War and other first party games.”

A 5 year old PS4 game which sells 2 million copies is a success, no matter what arbitrary barriers you try and dismiss it with.

It isn't hurting Sony to expand their market in this way. Staunch console players will still prefer the convenience of a console and PC gamers will always want the performance and quality associated with the platform. Sony setting their sights on this market is a positive for everyone who plays first party Sony titles.

More sales, more investment in studios, better games.

Bryank75

Banned
How can you be this ignorant to the success of titles like God of War on PC? Fucking hell, even Sony said “We view the deployment of our game IP on multiple platforms as a major growth opportunity for Sony, as has been evidenced by the success of the PC versions of God of War and other first party games.”

A 5 year old PS4 game which sells 2 million copies is a success, no matter what arbitrary barriers you try and dismiss it with.

It isn't hurting Sony to expand their market in this way. Staunch console players will still prefer the convenience of a console and PC gamers will always want the performance and quality associated with the platform. Sony setting their sights on this market is a positive for everyone who plays first party Sony titles.

More sales, more investment in studios, better games.

They need to focus on selling more consoles to sell more games..... PC is a lazy, short cut that only pays in the short term and is massively negative in the long.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

None of this has any relevance to what you just responded to. If you have a problem with all those horrible, awful PC gamers being able to buy Sony games, you should direct your rage at Sony. Not at PC gamers for buying those games on the “wrong” platform.

Also, Bryank75 Bryank75

Focus on selling more consoles? What do you think Sony are trying to do?

Are you suggesting the strategy of Sony is to actively sell less consoles? PC doesn't affect that strategy in any meaningful way whatsoever. Unless you think console gamers are suddenly going to rub their hands together at the thought of waiting 2 years+ to play console games on a PC.

You do understand there is a chip shortage too, right?

Bryank75

Banned
Also, Bryank75 Bryank75

Focus on selling more consoles? What do you think Sony are trying to do?

Are you suggesting the strategy of Sony is to actively sell less consoles? PC doesn't affect that strategy in any meaningful way whatsoever. Unless you think console gamers are suddenly going to rub their hands together at the thought of waiting 2 years+ to play console games on a PC.

You do understand there is a chip shortage too, right?

If I had to guess by the absolutely PATHETIC supply they have the last 3 months.... I would almost assume they were trying to undermine hardware or allow Xbox get a few wins on the board in the US and UK.

I am very skeptical since Ken Yoshida met Nadella..... I think there was some shitty shady agreement done there.

Not impressed with the supply right now. Not impressed by the lack of focus on console.

SNG32

They need to focus on selling more consoles to sell more games..... PC is a lazy, short cut that only pays in the short term and is massively negative in the long.

You have to be trolling at this point. They can only sell so many consoles the PS5 probably won't sell more than the PS4 once the generation is over. Sony makes more profit in software sales then they do consoles so your point is arbitrary. Weither it's short term or not they will also be releasing there GAAS games on PC make even more money charging microtransactions for both PC and Console.

Dolodolo

You have to be trolling at this point. They can only sell so many consoles the PS5 probably won't sell more than the PS4 once the generation is over. Sony makes more profit in software sales then they do consoles so your point is arbitrary. Weither it's short term or not they will also be releasing there GAAS games on PC make even more money charging microtransactions for both PC and Console.

Because these games are literally made to make money from microtransactions. Therefore, they will immediately be released on the PC. What will not happen with single projects. Is it that hard to understand?

Bryank75

Banned

Why would they sell less consoles this gen if the growth rate for console is higher than PC ? Rates can be seen in the 'Newzoo' market report.

That would be an absolute failure on Sony's part and is totally unacceptable.

PlayStation cannot make their revenue and profits without the hardware install base. Hardware in the key to their success and without it gaming is dead in the water in general.

This downplay of the importance of hardware undermines the entire industry and is completely ignorant.

Look at Nintendo when their hardware fails.... WiiU. Then look at them when their hardware succeeds.... Switch. PlayStation is the same... PC can never make the slightest bit of difference and you cannot fund high end exclusives without the console model.

Dolodolo

Sony makes more profit in software sales then they do consoles so your point is arbitrary.
Yes. And you also know that they make money from the software by buying multi-platform games on THEIR consoles.
PC is not their ecosystem. PC is just extra money that you can get when your game has brought all the profits on your console.

Last edited:

SNG32

Because these games are literally made to make money from microtransactions. Therefore, they will immediately be released on the PC. What will not happen with single projects. Is it that hard to understand?

It's happening with the single projects though. Uncharted being released, Ghosts of Tshuima, Horizon and Days Gone. I guarrantee Spider-man will release once Spider-man 2 is on the horizon. It's not day and date but it's gonna happen. Sony wouldn't invest in a pc porting studio if this was not the goal for them.

SNG32

Why would they sell less consoles this gen if the growth rate for console is higher than PC ? Rates can be seen in the 'Newzoo' market report.

That would be an absolute failure on Sony's part and is totally unacceptable.

PlayStation cannot make their revenue and profits without the hardware install base. Hardware in the key to their success and without it gaming is dead in the water in general.

This downplay of the importance of hardware undermines the entire industry and is completely ignorant.

Look at Nintendo when their hardware fails.... WiiU. Then look at them when their hardware succeeds.... Switch. PlayStation is the same... PC can never make the slightest bit of difference and you cannot fund high end exclusives without the console model.

You have two years of a chip shortage a trash economy with inflation and they are still selling consoles and releasing games for PS4.

Dolodolo

It's happening with the single projects though. Uncharted being released, Ghosts of Tshuima, Horizon and Days Gone. I guarrantee Spider-man will release once Spider-man 2 is on the horizon. It's not day and date but it's gonna happen. Sony wouldn't invest in a pc porting studio if this was not the goal for them.
It's just your speculation and all.
They bought a support studio. She not only makes ports on the PC. Check out her story.
They bought it so that their other in-house studios wouldn't be burdened with port work and some technical stuff.
How does this show that then there will be a day and a date on the PC? No way
At the moment, the fact is that the new god of war, the new horizon, the new spiderman will not come out on PC until 2-3 years after its release on the console. It is a fact. That's all

SNG32

They bought a support studio. She not only makes ports on the PC. Check out her story.
They bought it so that their other in-house studios wouldn't be burdened with port work and some technical stuff.
At the moment, the fact is that the new god of war, the new horizon, the new spiderman will not come out on PC until 2-3 years after its release on the console. It is a fact. That's all

When I meant it's going to happen I meant eventually games releasing on PC not day and date. Just to clarify.

Neofire

If I may interject, the individual you are responding too seems to be "hoping" every Playstation game comes to the PC judging by his posts. I'll go w bit further and say a bunch of people on this very forum would love for Sony to stop making hardware and just go 3rd party until they go bankrupt. Just keep those motives in mind when engaging certain folks on here.

If I may interject, the individual you are responding too seems to be "hoping" every Playstation game comes to the PC judging by his posts. I'll go w bit further and say a bunch of people on this very forum would love for Sony to stop making hardware and just go 3rd party until they go bankrupt. Just keep those motives in mind when engaging certain folks on here.
Lol, you jump straight to thinking that people are "Spite buying Sony games so they go bankrupt?" Some of you guys are hilariously transparent.

Some of us just want to play fun games on our platform of choice. Which is all fine and dandy, as long as that platform of choice is the Silicon Box you've emotionally attached yourself to right?

Last edited:

SNG32

First of all I started posting on demon souls a game that was originally announced on PC but Sony back tracked and made it a console exclusive. They have said they are going to release a whole slate of Playstation exclusives on to PC. I'm going by what i'm seeing Sony do I don't know what exclusives they are going to release all I know is that they are and they intend to release them on PC. Like what reality do you live in do you not see Sony exclusives releasing on PC?

ACESHIGH

Banned
Please stop bringing Arkham knight. It was a bad port but these days it runs at ps4 settings sans textures on a GTX 760. It's an ok port. There are a lot of PC games that should be taken from the stores until fixed just like BAK.

Please stop bringing Arkham knight. It was a bad port but these days it runs at ps4 settings sans textures on a GTX 760. It's an ok port. There are a lot of PC games that should be taken from the stores until fixed just like BAK.
But Arkham Knight looks fantastic though.... The graphics are shockingly good at 4k/60fps even all these years later. I bet it could be released today and people would be really happy.

Last edited:

Holammer

God Damn, Bryank got himself banned again.
I even disengaged this thread so he wouldn't get into more trouble.

Neofire

Lol, you jump straight to thinking that people are "Spite buying Sony games so they go bankrupt?" Some of you guys are hilariously transparent.

Some of us just want to play fun games on our platform of choice. Which is all fine and dandy, as long as that platform of choice is the Silicon Box you've emotionally attached yourself to right?
Anyone can look at your post history and see that none of what you've said is true. You are the main ones on here doing "victory laps"(for whatever reason) when a Playstation game comes to the PC but I'm emotionally attached? 🤣

I state on my statement and alot of folks have made all kinds of comments that Sony needs just ditch making hardware "because they don't make any money on it anyway" rhetoric.

Let me pipe down though before I'm banished to the shadow realm, so I digress lol

Jeez and you came back from a perm.

:messenger_pensive:

uIknqRR.gif

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

This was not ban deserving at all :(
Or am I missing some context ?

His opinion is maybe a little rough but factual to a degree. I have very expensive pc and ps5 and both coexist perfectly well. But I am not offended by this post at all.
I know some people think that I am a "pc hater" too but not really. I can just see pros and cons of both and use both platforms. it is a fact pc is few times more expensive than new consoles but PC is freedom and console is "ignorance is bliss" with 90% there and it's own advantages.
(edit: And not like there is anything wrong with subjectively liking one thing over another anyway. Banning someone because he points out PC issues and just don't like it?)

Just please give the man another chance. Some Edge is nice and fun to have in a discussion.
Forum is all about personalities. Even if they are ASS to some degree haha.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned

Goddammit, better start working on another welcome back thread. "lollipop_disappointed:

Groundhog Day Scratch GIF by Zoo Berlin

Last edited:
Anyone can look at your post history and see that none of what you've said is true. You are the main ones on here doing "victory laps"(for whatever reason) when a Playstation game comes to the PC but I'm emotionally attached? 🤣

I state on my statement and alot of folks have made all kinds of comments that Sony needs just ditch making hardware "because they don't make any money on it anyway" rhetoric.

Let me pipe down though before I'm banished to the shadow realm, so I digress lol
Lol. Please, look at my post history then. PLEASE! You're simply full of shit bud. You are so sensitive and for whatever reason, emotionally attached to a Company. Literally a company, that you put everyone in the "Us" or "Them" category instead of what a normal person is, which is someone that just wants to play videogames.

I'll buy every platform and play any game I want. But I feel no devotion to any company.

His opinion is maybe a little rough but factual to a degree. I have very expensive pc and ps5 and both coexist perfectly well. But I am not offended by this post at all.
I know some people think that I am a "pc hater" too but not really. I can just see pros and cons of both and use both platforms. it is a fact pc is few times more expensive than new consoles but PC is freedom and console is "ignorance is bliss" with 90% there and it's own advantages.
(edit: And not like there is anything wrong with subjectively liking one thing over another anyway. Banning someone because he points out PC issues and just don't like it?)

Just please give the man another chance. Some Edge is nice and fun to have in a discussion.
Yeah, I agree, I didn't see anything egregious myself, but who knows?? I love having the Champions that embrace being a white knight and are at least transparent about it.

I also know that you pretty much call it like it is too, there's some damn fine looking PS5 games that should be cheered and appreciated for what they are. Everyone can have their preference, but no need to lie for some edgelord e-points.

Last edited:

GHG

this christmas GIF

Midn1ght

My definition of 'Dumbass', as you called me..... is someone who pays Nvidia 700 to 1500 dollars or more for marginal performance gains.
I think most PC gamers play there to abuse things like mods to get one up on other gamers, people with no sense of fair play, who have zero sportsmanship or willingness to improve themselves in real terms.

The gap between being factual and straight up insulting an entire community because you don't like your plastic box's exclusives coming to another platform is pretty wide if you ask me.
Dude is entertaining I'll give you that, but it's not hard to have respectful discussion or even defend your favorite way to play without being a child about it. If someone else is talking trash or non sense, just use your brain to handle it, report it or ignore it.

I would rather have him on the forum as well but let's face it, he miraculously came back from the permadead realm few weeks ago and then restart doing exactly what he was banned for in the first place.
If you can't help it, ignore PC thread you silly goose.

Harry Potter Idiot GIF

Last edited:

Graciaus

These boards are boring without people like him around. But the ban is justified in a sense. This thread has nothing to do with consoles and yet he repeatedly goes full fanboy.

kyliethicc

RIP

Never change 💙
j1g6uob.jpg

yurinka

RIP.

Sad to see you banned again when you've been explaining your opinions on a civil way, as should be even if people were insulting you (and aren't the ones banned, but well, I'm not a mod and I understand sometimes can heat up a bit and is ok). I think it's ok to debate about any topic as you did, and agree or disagree politely.

In this case I'd prefer Sony to focus more on their console but I understand why they make the late PC ports and multiplatform Bungie games: every generation games get more expensive and need extra revenue, plus also helps them reach a wider audience who can also consume related stuff like movies based on these IPs, or a small portion of them may end buying a console.

See you, let's hope you come back again!

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

sigh.....I think if you had stopped there it would have been fine.

Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

Lol. Please, look at my post history then. PLEASE! You're simply full of shit bud. You are so sensitive and for whatever reason, emotionally attached to a Company. Literally a company, that you put everyone in the "Us" or "Them" category instead of what a normal person is, which is someone that just wants to play videogames.

point pointing GIF by Shalita Grant

This "us vs them" bullshit is so absurd.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Fucking hell Bryank. Couldnt help yourself could you.

Folks, learn from him. Never go full Bryank.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I think the context is his previous perma ban. I told him to lay low but he cant help himself.

I agree with pretty much everything he said in that post, but calling PC gamers dumbasses for buying expensive graphics is bizarre, and saying mods are mostly used to cheat is insane lol. Of course he was gonna catch a ban for that.

I agree that Nvidia's practices are super scrummy. I really dislike how rampant cheating has become in PC games. The power consumption for these GPUs and even some intel CPUs are insane. I spent 3 weeks last year cooling down my i7-11700k with various, coolers and cases. And that was mostly because the CPU consumes like a 100 watts on its own. Like wtf. lol

So PC gaming definitely has issues, but Bryank just goes too far with his rhetoric.

ACESHIGH

Banned
My issue with playstation is the lack of regional prices, local currency options, services not available in all regions and abysmal BC.

Might as well call it the NATO station. Since services are trash outside of that region.

I'd rather deal with 6 hours of drivers and graphic settings tinkering per day.

Also what's with the sudden captain planet take about power consumption?

Nickolaidas

Speaking of which:

Which just goes to show once again we are overcrowded with clueless morons on this forum.

They never needed PC sales back on PS2 when they had their lowest install base or on PS3 when they had their lowest.

Sony / PlayStation never needed PC and never will.

People should buy PS5 to play these great games and truly support the development by buying as many games as possible on the platform. These games take a whole platform to support, without the console, they simply are not viable.
How about, no. I'll buy the games on a PC because I want to play my games on the strongest gaming platform known to man.
It's amazing how certain people can only admit PlayStation games are amazing when they come to other platforms....

How they deny themselves the pleasure of experiencing the games at launch and properly optimized (usually) with almost instant loading and dualsense etc.

A PC rig delivering similar performance uses 2-3 times the power and that alone hurts the environment.
No one's saying that, and you *really* need to stop seeing people asking for PC versions of PS games as a personal attack. Jesus.
"Everything else" what would be?
I have every single detail maxed, excellent image quality, peaked performances at 60, variable refresh rate with G-Sync that would smooth out even the occasional stutter or slowdown (but I haven't experienced a single one since launch day with the Tree Knight), an NVMe 2 TB drive, a RTX 3080ti, 64 GB of very fast RAM.
Where would be the advantage of the console version, exactly?

Ah yes, what a MINOR ISSUE.

It doesn't fucking matter.
We weren't debating "performance per dollar".
I already have my PC, I'm not deciding now if I have to buy one.
The claim was that the game plays poorly on PC and better on console. Which it doesn't.

And it IS a no contest. Hell, if I was willing to give up on the online part I could even mod the game to work above 60 fps.
The only argument against it is console fanboys making up shit to PRETEND they may have the edge in some areas.
Dude, you're on a fucking roll!

Top Bottom