• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update on GeForce Leak

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dumb question regarding Geforce Now, but what's the point of Nvidia having this giant list of unreleased games in the database so early?

Wouldnt a more natural thing be Nvidia updates the database with games in the service, or soon to release?

Why have game X or Y in the database if the game is 3 years away?

Last edited:

reksveks

Dumb question regarding Geforce Now, but what's the point of Nvidia having this giant list of unreleased games in the database so early?

Wouldnt a more natural thing be Nvidia updates the database with games in the service, or soon to release?

Isn't the theory is that devs were using geforce now as a way to do remote play testing for upcoming games and the devs were the ones doing the uploading of the future games?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Wow just saw bryank on the permanent ban list. Didn’t think the post was that bad but god knows how many warnings he has had. Bye bye.

he was perm banned then unbanned. they must of warned him about previous and to stay out of certain topics but he can't help himself. sad that his constant warring in the past lead to that even if this wasn't so bad but he must of been warned

reksveks

I have a conspiracy theory that people are trying to downplay the accuracy of the leak cause they believe that certain games to PC is a bad business move for certain companies.

Just me?

PS. I don't believe all of the database rows and I think a couple of the Nintendo ones were referring to old games that got released via shield tv in China.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Many are still UNCONFIRMED, while there isn’t a single certified wrong entry in the list yet.

So yes, it does fucking matter.
Especially since the list is an attempt to “draw conclusions” that ignores how many entries have been actually confirmed.
You mean many you are HOPEFUL for.

We can't draw concrete conclusions when games haven't been announced or released.

All it takes is for one thing to be off to make something wrong.

Holammer

It tracks titles using Nvidia Technologies and to use Nvidia's own words "for internal tracking and testing".
I suspect it's mainly, but not exclusively for DLSS as games like Horizon: Zero Dawn and Days Gone weren't on the list and launched without DLSS.

Nothing weird about them having such databases. Imagine the stuff Valve has? A lot of info got unveiled in the early days of SteamSpy, forcing them to plug holes and obfuscate everything.

i-have-detailed-files-arnold-schwarzenegger.gif

Why are people so eager to deny the leak? Don't you like games being released or something? :goog_relieved:
I never understood this weird mentality. I remember when orange box series was getting a console release. Was I mad? Fuck no! One of my best friends was able to enjoy one of our favorite games from the comfort of his home, instead of only being able to play when he came by.

But console fanboys don't want others to enjoy a game, which is the equivalent of a child not wanting another child to get the same toy, they have. Wtf? Sharing is caring. We all win when we all can talk about the same game that we got to play, regardless of what hardware.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why are people so eager to deny the leak? Don't you like games being released or something? :goog_relieved:

No idea, so many things from the list have already come true that even the biggest of skeptics will look at it and say "yeah there's definitely a lot of overlap here". Not everything is being leaked/announced in a timely manner but then again almost every game in development is suffering some delays because of the transition of working from home.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I never understood this weird mentality. I remember when orange box series was getting a console release. Was I mad? Fuck no! One of my best friends was able to enjoy one of our favorite games from the comfort of his home, instead of only being able to play when he came by.

But console fanboys don't want others to enjoy a game, which is the equivalent of a child not wanting another child to get the same toy, they have. Wtf? Sharing is caring. We all win when we all can talk about the same game that we got to play, regardless of what hardware.
Oh come on, we know perfectly well WHY.
It's not a coincidence that most of the denial seems to come from the usual selection of mouth breathers.

Some of these people would question GRAVITY itself if it was a threat to their brand loyalty.
Oh so it's because there are some exclusive titles there? Honestly if that's their mindset, man... I don't know what to say to them other than please, grow up.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Spoken like a true PC Elitist
Superior is subjective. Id rather have the choice of better games then better/stronger tech. Plus the price point
How is this elitist? I am just stating a fact. I have a PS5 and a good gaming PC. The PC is significantly more powerful than the PS5. If there’s a game I want to play and it’s available on both platforms, I prefer the PC version.

That is all. I never said that PS5 is a bad system, or that it’s a poor value, or that you are wrong for preferring it, or that games should stop coming out for it.

Kokoloko85

Better games? Price point? Wut? What??

Its subjective

Better games:
I prefer the selection of games I can get from 1st party Playstation and Nintendo. PC years ago had alot of exclusives or games that were unplayable on consoles, like Max Payne.
But now days Consoles get most the most important games PC’s and luckily we’re hitting that 60fps or having a choice on most of them. And now days PC’s get the games that mainly from console publishers like Capcom, Sega, Namco etc

With Bethesda and Blizzard being shells of themselves PC’s are mostly console games with better specs and exclusive indies.

Better games for me: PC dont get games like Luigi’s Mansion, Pikmin, Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Smash. TLOU, Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Bloodborne etc Plus I dont wanna wait years for games like God of War, Horizon, Uncharted.
Most the games of the year candidates from the last 13 year plus have been console exclusives from either Playstation and Nintendo, thats alot of great games to miss out.

Yeah people claim they can play nintendo games on PC but how about them people putting their address and showing what nintendo games you have on PC and we’ll see how long that PC and they stay in that house….

Price point:

Its cheaper for me, I cant afford a $1000+ machine. Switch and Playstation are much cheaper to buy off that go. Some people dont have that amount in there pocket at once and then I miss out on the games I enjoy most from Playstation and Nintendo

GrayFoxPL

Are you guys literally retarded?

Is autism going pandemic on this fucking forum?

The shit place here is in your head.
I played ER on a 3080ti and had a fucking blast running circles around it.

Meanwhile on Era a guy is basically confirming FF9 as well, ahah.

Can’t wait to see the goalposts move once again by the usual delusional clowns.

Then again it’s Square Enix we are talking about. Chances are they’ll have it done (poorly) in three years.

Suuuure.

Look, I've see how the game ACTUALLY runs on consoles.

Here's a proposal:

Bring your PS5 to my home, we'll plug it and play ER on it AND on my PC.
If when you are done you won't honestly be able to claim the performances were better on your PS5 (and you won't), you'll have to eat the roughly-two-kilograms-or-so of shit I'll make into your funny texan hat.

Oh come on, we know perfectly well WHY.
It's not a coincidence that most of the denial seems to come from the usual selection of mouth breathers.

Some of these people would question GRAVITY itself if it was a threat to their brand loyalty.

1rsfeT8.gif

PhaseJump

Banned
Its subjective

Better games:
I prefer the selection of games I can get from 1st party Playstation and Nintendo. PC years ago had alot of exclusives or games that were unplayable on consoles, like Max Payne.
But now days Consoles get most the most important games PC’s and luckily we’re hitting that 60fps or having a choice on most of them. And now days PC’s get the games that mainly from console publishers like Capcom, Sega, Namco etc

With Bethesda and Blizzard being shells of themselves PC’s are mostly console games with better specs and exclusive indies.

Better games for me: PC dont get games like Luigi’s Mansion, Pikmin, Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Smash. TLOU, Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Bloodborne etc Plus I dont wanna wait years for games like God of War, Horizon, Uncharted.
Most the games of the year candidates from the last 13 year plus have been console exclusives from either Playstation and Nintendo, thats alot of great games to miss out.

Yeah people claim they can play nintendo games on PC but how about them people putting their address and showing what nintendo games you have on PC and we’ll see how long that PC and they stay in that house….

Price point:

Its cheaper for me, I cant afford a $1000+ machine. Switch and Playstation are much cheaper to buy off that go. Some people dont have that amount in there pocket at once and then I miss out on the games I enjoy most from Playstation and Nintendo

A subjective, dramatic assessment.

What kind of drugs does one need to take to come to the conclusion that doxxing yourself playing Nintendo games on a PC, will lead to the consequences of having your property taken away?

How is this invalidating any argument around affordability or better performance? At the end of the day, the toys still play on the hardware. Legit or not. At the end of the day, mods and community patches still come as a benefit to fix the broken and inferior emulation usually offered up in an official capacity. Superior is the experience when you generally have the ability to change things. It's not elitist to imply that PC is superior. It's a fact. You get back what you put into it, and at the pre-built price floor these days it's as good as any console.

If you can't afford a $1000+ machine, you can always buy a $399 one. Valve's selling one right now.

If you're only into it for the Nintendo & PS first party games, given the state of emulation and official porting; as Donald Duck would say:

tumblr_ouxfou2YNc1rjzweyo1_540.gifv

Midn1ght

I prefer the selection of games I can get from 1st party Playstation and Nintendo.

Better games for me: Luigi’s Mansion, Pikmin, Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Smash. TLOU, Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Bloodborne etc
So your favorite platforms are PlayStation and Nintendo. That's totally fine and great.
Why is it not when it's PC for someone else?

The guy said superior hardware, not platform.

Nickolaidas

How is this elitist? I am just stating a fact. I have a PS5 and a good gaming PC. The PC is significantly more powerful than the PS5. If there’s a game I want to play and it’s available on both platforms, I prefer the PC version.

That is all. I never said that PS5 is a bad system, or that it’s a poor value, or that you are wrong for preferring it, or that games should stop coming out for it.
Stop making sense.

Kokoloko85

A subjective, dramatic assessment.

What kind of drugs does one need to take to come to the conclusion that doxxing yourself playing Nintendo games on a PC, will lead to the consequences of having your property taken away?

How is this invalidating any argument around affordability or better performance? At the end of the day, the toys still play on the hardware. Legit or not. At the end of the day, mods and community patches still come as a benefit to fix the broken and inferior emulation usually offered up in an official capacity. Superior is the experience when you generally have the ability to change things. It's not elitist to imply that PC is superior. It's a fact. You get back what you put into it, and at the pre-built price floor these days it's as good as any console.

If you can't afford a $1000+ machine, you can always buy a $399 one. Valve's selling one right now.

If you're only into it for the Nintendo & PS first party games, given the state of emulation and official porting; as Donald Duck would say:

tumblr_ouxfou2YNc1rjzweyo1_540.gifv

What are u on about?
Superior gaming experience. I prefer the gaming experience that I get with consoles, the games selection is better for me.

Totally fine if you prefer something else, acting like like its official superior choice is kinda wrong

I never said ur house will be taken. I said your Pc will be taken and your wont be in your house because you will be probably arrested for Piracy

Kokoloko85

So your favorite platforms are PlayStation and Nintendo. That's totally fine and great.
Why is it not when it's PC for someone else?

The guy said superior hardware, not platform.

My bad, I thought he meant paltform not just hardware.

Its cool if you prefer steam. Im just always gonna say what I prefer if people think console are less superior gaming

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
What are u on about?
Superior gaming experience. I prefer the gaming experience that I get with consoles, the games selection is better for me.

Totally fine if you prefer something else, acting like like its official superior choice is kinda wrong

I never said ur house will be taken. I said your Pc will be taken and your wont be in your house because you will be probably arrested for Piracy

I'm on about the factual superiority of having freedom and options available to you as a consumer. Preference doesn't negate the truth of it. I prefer playing Xbox, but it is more restrictive and I can't mod things when they are broken shit heaps, like the recent release of Chrono Cross. On PC, I can.

Nobody's talking about taking houses. You're saying your PC will be taken. A PC tends to be your own property in these situations. Emulation isn't illegal, though. Companies do it and wrap their games with it. PC emulators allow you to play your games with better performance options. Piracy is a totally different thing.

S0ULZB0URNE

Are you guys literally retarded?
This has been proved over and over to be the most reliable mass leak we ever had.

But sure, let's sit and watch morons being in denial even when the next ten titles will be confirmed.

Is autism going pandemic on this fucking forum?

Speaking of which:

Which just goes to show once again we are overcrowded with clueless morons on this forum.

Suuuure.

Look, I've see how the game ACTUALLY runs on consoles.

Here's a proposal:

Bring your PS5 to my home, we'll plug it and play ER on it AND on my PC.
If when you are done you won't honestly be able to claim the performances were better on your PS5 (and you won't), you'll have to eat the roughly-two-kilograms-or-so of shit I'll make into your funny texan hat.

No, I mean I'm not retarded and in denial.
really-seriously.gif

What are u on about?

I find console gaming to be vastly superior to PC gaming.
This is MY OPINION.

The policing certain PCMR people are doing in this thread is ridiculous.

Relique

What are u on about?

You don't have to pirate the games. You can emulate your own games just fine on PC.

Kokoloko85

I'm on about the factual superiority of having freedom and options available to you as a consumer. Preference doesn't negate the truth of it. I prefer playing Xbox, but it is more restrictive and I can't mod things when they are broken shit heaps, like the recent release of Chrono Cross. On PC, I can.

Nobody's talking about taking houses. You're saying your PC will be taken. A PC tends to be your own property in these situations. Emulation isn't illegal, though. Companies do it and wrap their games with it. PC emulators allow you to play your games with better performance options. Piracy is a totally different thing.

No doubt you have the advantages of freedom and options on PC and so much more. And thanks for reminding me about Chrono Cross, Ill just play it on the PC if they can fix the FPS. My PC is basically just a emulation machine and old PC titles as its not good enough for recent games.

I was just going on about games. Now days, you can basically experience most the best games ( rated and well known games ) on a PS5 and Switch combo Or even a Xbox and Switch combo but if you just game only on PC, you might miss out on those Nintendo and Playstation 1st party games if thats something you like.
But then again if you love more RTS games and other types, your gonna enjoy the PC more with the superior library. Too me, Id be missing out on most my favourite games and studios outside of Fromsoft but even then BloodBorne was PS4 exclusive.

I guess Im wrong about the whole emulation thing, I thought if you say your playing Nintendo games on your PC, celebrating it out loud without owning the actual official copies than Nintendo would come for your ass.

Kokoloko85

the YuZu devs actually implemented barriers that keep you from pirating games... they aren't hard to circumvent of course if you look for way online, but they tried :)

I always thought the rules were if you own a copy of the game then you can own rom/ emulation etc. But if you don’t then if your caught its gonna be not great

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Nor does you cherry pick quoting me.

Why aren't you quoting the PCMR people who are bashing and policing PC over consoles in this thread.

because they're right, it's dumb to continue to insist that this is fake when it's been proven to be true over and over.

Relique

Does that Include Nintendo games you dont actually own? Physically and Digitally?
What? That's what I was saying in my reply... you don't need to pirate. You can just buy the game and play it legally on your PC. No one is arresting you for that. I have a small collection of GC, Wii, Wii-U, and Switch games that I play on PC.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Who's right what are you talking about?

Nobody should be bashing or policing a gaming format over another.

you: MANY PEOPLE ARE HOPEFUL FOR THIS TO BE TRUE, DOESNT MEAN IT IS

others: it's true, here's a bunch of evidence

you: PCMR ARE OUT OF CONTROL I JUST LIKE CONSOLES BETTER!

Top Bottom