• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update on GeForce Leak

Kilau

If PC was superior, it wouldn't use 300%+ times the power to achieve slightly higher fps and resolution or AA.
At this stage performance between the two platforms is minimal in terms of visible differences.

My definition of 'Dumbass', as you called me..... is someone who pays Nvidia 700 to 1500 dollars or more for marginal performance gains. To use a mess of a store like Steam, flooded with trash and asset swaps and on an OS like Windows. Games optimized badly, cheats and hacks rampant in multiplayer games..... in fact I think most PC gamers play there to abuse things like mods to get one up on other gamers, people with no sense of fair play, who have zero sportsmanship or willingness to improve themselves in real terms.

Then after paying 1,500 to Nvidia... one of the scummiest companies on the planet... PC gamers often brag about how little they paid to hardworking developers.

That is what really rubs me the wrong way, the priorities are all backwards... no appreciation for hard work and talent but foaming at the mouth to put money in the pockets of corporate fat-cats at Nvidia and MSFT.
It’s true, I play on PC for the freedom.

I play on PlayStation for the exclusives. When all of those go away it’s over for me there.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
If PC was superior, it wouldn't use 300%+ times the power to achieve slightly higher fps and resolution or AA.
At this stage performance between the two platforms is minimal in terms of visible differences.

My definition of 'Dumbass', as you called me..... is someone who pays Nvidia 700 to 1500 dollars or more for marginal performance gains. To use a mess of a store like Steam, flooded with trash and asset swaps and on an OS like Windows. Games optimized badly, cheats and hacks rampant in multiplayer games..... in fact I think most PC gamers play there to abuse things like mods to get one up on other gamers, people with no sense of fair play, who have zero sportsmanship or willingness to improve themselves in real terms.

Then after paying 1,500 to Nvidia... one of the scummiest companies on the planet... PC gamers often brag about how little they paid to hardworking developers.

That is what really rubs me the wrong way, the priorities are all backwards... no appreciation for hard work and talent but foaming at the mouth to put money in the pockets of corporate fat-cats at Nvidia and MSFT.
go away goodbye GIF

freefornow

Gold Member
This was not ban deserving at all :(
Or am I missing some context ?
Reading the mods comment on the ban page, referenced "crackpot conspiracy"
I am very skeptical since Ken Yoshida met Nadella..... I think there was some shitty shady agreement done there.
Either way, would like to see Bryank75 rise again.
It is almost Easter.........................

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed

His opinion is maybe a little rough but factual to a degree. I have very expensive pc and ps5 and both coexist perfectly well. But I am not offended by this post at all.
I know some people think that I am a "pc hater" too but not really. I can just see pros and cons of both and use both platforms. it is a fact pc is few times more expensive than new consoles but PC is freedom and console is "ignorance is bliss" with 90% there and it's own advantages.
(edit: And not like there is anything wrong with subjectively liking one thing over another anyway. Banning someone because he points out PC issues and just don't like it?)

Just please give the man another chance. Some Edge is nice and fun to have in a discussion.
Forum is all about personalities. Even if they are ASS to some degree haha.
Amen brother, this was not trolling or warring - just a harsh but well explained opinion.

Reading the mods comment on the ban page, referenced "crackpot conspiracy"

Either way, would like to see Bryank75 rise again.
It is almost Easter.........................
As a primary PC player I say, "#FreeBryank75."
giphy.gif

Or at least not PERMANENT. That's a bit harsh.

He's the only one that I could tease about being such a diehard fanboy and not freak out about it.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Take meds.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
tl;dr, was anyone in here talking about the new Tactics Ogre trademark?
I believe that might have been an nvidia leak as well.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned

His opinion is maybe a little rough but factual to a degree. I have very expensive pc and ps5 and both coexist perfectly well. But I am not offended by this post at all.
I know some people think that I am a "pc hater" too but not really. I can just see pros and cons of both and use both platforms. it is a fact pc is few times more expensive than new consoles but PC is freedom and console is "ignorance is bliss" with 90% there and it's own advantages.
(edit: And not like there is anything wrong with subjectively liking one thing over another anyway. Banning someone because he points out PC issues and just don't like it?)

Just please give the man another chance. Some Edge is nice and fun to have in a discussion.
Forum is all about personalities. Even if they are ASS to some degree haha.
I agree.

I'm a PC gamer, but also a console gamer and I will admit Nvidia are one of the worst companies when it comes to price-gouging customers.

Also there are several PCMR guys on this thread (at least one of whom pretends to own a PS5), and who take dig regular digs at console owners and attempt to lord it over them, and Sony in particular, I guess because they have the widest userbase.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Seriously why was he banned?

Can a mod explain?

You really can't see why? From the blatant platform warring, childish insults, conspiracy theory level "hot takes" about the mod scene, and his previous long history of doing all of this constantly? The mods were kind enough to give him another chance and he immediately returned to doing the same tired shit.

Farewell my blue sister Bryank75 Bryank75

ruJpVyN.gif

WseWFOe.jpg

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Went to the bans page and while he was bat shit insane I'm sad to see bryank go! Pouring one out for the blue rat. Dine well in Valhalla!

Last edited:

Calverz

Wow just saw bryank on the permanent ban list. Didn’t think the post was that bad but god knows how many warnings he has had. Bye bye.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The sales are miniscule, they have done nothing to PlayStations revenue and profits.... you can see over quarterly reports. It's worth nothing but can hurt the console business.
Selling millions of copies of Horizon ZD, Days Gone, GoW, (and upcoming UC/LL) are worth nothing? Who knew Sony sold all these games at 5 cents each. I thought they sold on Steam for around $50 each.

If selling PS games on PC is so insignificant, why is Sony releasing more games on PC and they even bought out that studio Nixies that does PC ports?

Believe it or not, gaming is something which the pie can expand so more gamers can get a slice of the action. Maybe in your zero-sum ecosystem theory things can come to a halt, but there's more to gaming than just PS.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Selling millions of copies of Horizon ZD, Days Gone, GoW, (and upcoming UC/LL) are worth nothing? Who knew Sony sold all these games at 5 cents each. I thought they sold on Steam for around $50 each.

If selling PS games on PC is so insignificant, why is Sony releasing more games on PC and they even bought out that studio Nixies that does PC ports?

Believe it or not, gaming is something which the pie can expand so more gamers can get a slice of the action. Maybe in your zero-sum ecosystem theory things can come to a halt, but there's more to gaming than just PS.

The Simpsons GIF

Dolodolo

They get additional income from this, at a meager cost.
The main income comes from the ecosystem (Ps4+Ps5)
From microtransactions from a multi-platform, percentage of sales of this multi-platform on Sony consoles, as well as from add-ons.

yurinka

For themselves it would be better these extra millions of copies on their own store, to get the 100% revenue for them and also generate some extra hardware sale, as Bryank pointed out.

But looking it from a more pragmatic point of view there are some players who will never buy a console. Because they only play on PC, maybe because in their country consoles are too expensive or because everybody plays there on PC. So to make these ports is benefitial for them becaise help them reach new players and get extra revenue.

Even if they are several years old, they sold some million of copies at almost full price, which is a lot of money for relatively cheap ports. So they mean a good amount of extra profit and revenue, something welcomed since AAA games every generation are more expensive to develop so need to find new revenue sources to compensate just in case one of them tanks hard.

Being ports of old games, at least for now seems that at least for now it doesn't negatively affect their console business. In fact, they may get some new fans via PC who may want to buy a console to play other 1st party games, like those exclusive for the console.

Last edited:

v7hGzAI.jpg

They never learn.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
v7hGzAI.jpg

They never learn.
He was always a big fanboy. But starting maybe a year or so ago he changed his personality to be this peusdo-anti Jim Ryan poster to make it look like he's not total pro-Sony. If he does that enough it makes it look to gaffers he's neutral.

I never believed it one bit. You dont go from promoting Sony to being anti-Sony overnight.

You could see by his anti-PC rant, he finally caved in and couldnt hide it. It's not like the user he was responding to was doing master race PC bait posts. If he wants to keep up the bad Sony PC strategy focus lately thats fine. But you can see he finally showed his card of: anti-anything not PS.

And talk about hammering on other platform users. That's got to be one of the biggest anti-PC users posts I can remember.

ManaByte

Gold Member

kristin-jockey.gif

PhaseJump

Banned

tumblr_pdy18cdFhW1vaqoiqo1_400.gif

Nickolaidas

He was always a big fanboy. But starting maybe a year or so ago he changed his personality to be this peusdo-anti Jim Ryan poster to make it look like he's not total pro-Sony. If he does that enough it makes it look to gaffers he's neutral.

I never believed it one bit. You dont go from promoting Sony to being anti-Sony overnight.

You could see by his anti-PC rant, he finally caved in and couldnt hide it. It's not like the user he was responding to was doing master race PC bait posts. If he wants to keep up the bad Sony PC strategy focus lately thats fine. But you can see he finally showed his card of: anti-anything not PS.

And talk about hammering on other platform users. That's got to be one of the biggest anti-PC users posts I can remember.
Then you missed the 'point' by a mile.

He was never anti-Sony. He was anti-Jim Ryan's-Sony. He wanted the Sony of old, which held their exclusives hostage to the entire world and the only way to enjoy them was to fork over 300-500 bucks to join their ecosystem. He was a big promoter of exclusives because he felt that exclusives sell consoles, and he was afraid that the PS5 having no exclusives would mean people would stop buying PlayStations altogether and the brand would die.

What Bryank failed to understand, was the fact that even IF the PlayStation CONSOLE would die, its games wouldn't. They would simply take the Sega route and PlayStation Studios would become a publisher with dozens of IPs to sell to the other ecosystems like Square, Capcom and CD Projekt. In the end, you get to play the games, just not on the same ecosystem. Would Naughty Dog suddenly stop making top-notch jaw-dropping games if it started releasing its games on the X Series X? Did God of War suddenly become a huge flop of piss-poor performance when it went up on Steam? Fucking no.

sircaw

Banned
Then you missed the 'point' by a mile.

He was never anti-Sony. He was anti-Jim Ryan's-Sony. He wanted the Sony of old, which held their exclusives hostage to the entire world and the only way to enjoy them was to fork over 300-500 bucks to join their ecosystem. He was a big promoter of exclusives because he felt that exclusives sell consoles, and he was afraid that the PS5 having no exclusives would mean people would stop buying PlayStations altogether and the brand would die.

What Bryank failed to understand, was the fact that even IF the PlayStation CONSOLE would die, its games wouldn't. They would simply take the Sega route and PlayStation Studios would become a publisher with dozens of IPs to sell to the other ecosystems like Square, Capcom and CD Projekt. In the end, you get to play the games, just not on the same ecosystem. Would Naughty Dog suddenly stop making top-notch jaw-dropping games if it started releasing its games on the X Series X? Did God of War suddenly become a huge flop of piss-poor performance when it went up on Steam? Fucking no.
I blame Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights aka Vlad the impaler for all this drama.

I think we should raise up and Riot. "lollipop_disappointed:

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Dolodolo

Here I do not agree.
Sony has a huge system that is built on the smallest details.
They have a ton of support studios that not many people know about. They have an ICE Team and Visual Arts and are cutting edge. That is why their games look better and more expensive than most multiplatform games.
And all this is paid for in the first place because for people there is such an entrance to the ecosystem. And the ports on the PC do not really interfere with this, since they are late.
And there are a whole bunch of factors that show that without the Playstation console, such games would either not exist in principle, or their quality would be mediocre.

teezzy

Banned

PCMR strikes again

Good night sweet prince

Always enjoyed your perspective Bryan, even if I often disagreed wholeheartedly

*boots up Steam*

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wow, this Geforce leak will go down as the biggest leak in almost any form of media lol. Things are getting announced, sure a bit delayed but the pandemic is likely to blame for that.

Top Bottom