• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft teasing Beyond Good and Evil 2 reveal at E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

qfz0vkdnpdr.jpg
223110_515356038513886_447277848_n.png

HD version for WII U. Nothing more :(

:lol This thread raised my hopes only to crush them again.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The thing about the BG&E2 teasing that hurts the most is the fucking cliffhanger ending of the first. :(. So many questions left unanswered

Shiggy

*Looks at avatar*
Uh huh

I think he's right. The scale of the city was pretty large thanks to their newly created tools that allowed for quick city building. Just look at this teaser, which was build with ingame assets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXuXYVH0JeI

Even the tech demo in 2009, which did not run on console hardware, wasn't really fluid. The stuttering is easily noticeable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaxbokT-Lg8 (video available in 1080p!)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'll be ready with my BETRAYAL signposts just in case.
I was with the game since day one, but this many years after, considering in-development material we've seen? Man, it just won't be the same.

Barryman

I think he's right. The scale of the city was pretty large thanks to their newly created tools that allowed for quick city building. Just look at this teaser, which was build with ingame assets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXuXYVH0JeI

Even the tech demo in 2009, which did not run on console hardware, wasn't really fluid. The stuttering is easily noticeable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaxbokT-Lg8 (video available in 1080p!)

Yeah, I remember some talk from a while back saying they would postpone it to next-gen, before anyone was even really discussing next-gen.

Also I vaguely remember something about developing the 3D equivalent of the Ubi-Art Framework to power this game? Maybe that's the city-building tools you mentioned.

Zapages

From what I heard BG&E2 might be shown to the public or it might be behind closed doors... We won't know until Monday night. :)

As for the platform, multi-platform is the last I heard about the game being coming out: PC(later)/Xbox one/PS4.

Thelta

Neo Member
If this happens, with Mirror's Edge 2, It will be best E3, at least for me.(Of course, if both of them will be on PC)

The nerdgasm I'd unleash would blot out the sun if they really do show the game this year. omgomg

Same, been dying for this game, I was so hyped when they showed that surprise teaser with Pey'j eating flies and Jade meditating on their broken down car, even though nothing happened in it. Just the reminder of the characters was enough.

Tuck

If its not announced at Sony's event, it won't be announced this year.

We got Mirrors Edge 2 today, so I'm happy. But man.. imagine if we got BG+E 2 as well. That'd be incredible.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
  • Sony exclusive
  • Wii U exclusive (ala Bayonetta)
  • We've been had again
  • Ancel's been had again

Place your bets now!

AniHawk

if it's at e3, it's most likely a ps4 exclusive at this point, or at least an exclusive reveal. i can't imagine ubisoft would release it on ps3 and xbox 360 and then not release it on their successors.

Hopefully some game journalists can pester the Ubisoft PR folk, I know Geoff will be intervening Guillemot tomorrow. Hope we can get some firm answers then.

• Sony exclusive
  • We've been had again
  • Ancel's been had again

Place your bets now!

I pick 2 at once!

[*]Wii U exclusive (ala Bayonetta) -> fits portfolio, everyone will be happy at first, another niche fan favourite for Nintendo.

[*]Ancel's been had again -> outsourced to a small studio with almost no experience at making games from scratch. Studio has done nothing but Wii- and PSPports last gen and was chosen because it is a game for a Nintendo console and that makes it cheaper for Ubi and their top teams make other things while Ubi still can pretend as if they care for Nintendo exklusives again. Ancel not involved, will hear the news first at E3 himself.

My guess :(

Tuck

No chance... even though the original sold best on the GCN even with it's small install base compared to the PS2.
The game's director has already stated, numerous times, that current generation hardware can't handle the game. Wii U is only as powerful as a PS3/360. So unless they are drastically scaling back their vision for the game, it will not appear on the Wii U.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
  • Sony exclusive
  • We've been had again
  • Ancel's been had again

Round 2: Lets try it again. Sorry PS4 believers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom