• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft teasing Beyond Good and Evil 2 reveal at E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
It won't be. I'm pretty sure Ancel has said that the reason why BG&E2 isn't a reality yet is because they are using some tech in the game that PS360 couldn't handle, so they've just been waiting for next-gen. And if PS360 can't handle it, neither can Wii U.
I'm pretty sure that is not the reason why BG&E2 isn't a reality yet.

I don't know if it was, but the Jade engine became Ubisoft's go-to middleware for the first batch of Wii games (whereas PS360 games usually used Scimitar/ Anvil). The successor to Jade, LyN, which was designed for BG&E2, then became Ubisoft Montpellier's standard engine for later Wii games like Red Steel 2 and Rabbids Go Home. They have it up and running on Wii U as well, as it's the engine powering Zombi U.

You're a smart man and might have given me and thousands of others hope.

watershed

Banned
If this game is going to live up to the potential shown off in that concept video from so many years ago, it can't really be a Wii U exclusive.

BaBaRaRa

It won't be. I'm pretty sure Ancel has said that the reason why BG&E2 isn't a reality yet is because they are using some tech in the game that PS360 couldn't handle, so they've just been waiting for next-gen. And if PS360 can't handle it, neither can Wii U.

Unless he really wanted to improve the photo taking...

harSon

Banned
"Coming exclusively to Xbox One"

Joking aside, it would be awesome.

Ubisoft is thought to be one of the major publishers who pushed for DRM in the Xbox One, so possibly? But depending on the budget, it'd probably be a fairly idiotic decision. Although 3rd party exclusivity within the infancy of a generation does tend to bolster hype for some reason. Regardless of whether it's Playstation 4, Xbox One or Wii U, I'm honestly there Day 1.

GRW810

I never even played the first game but the hype about it and a possible sequel makes me excited for this.

Mithos

I never even played the first game but the hype about it and a possible sequel makes me excited for this.

PndPMcu.gif

Ein Bear

I'd be pretty pissed off if it wound up being a Wii U exclusive.

Nothing to do with the system itself, but because they've been hinting for years that they needed to wait for more powerful hardware. If it winds up being on the Wii U, then there's no reason I couldn't have played it on my PS360 5 years ago when they first announced it.

I need the option to invert the x and y axis of the right stick though. But: omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomfomgo gomgog pls be true

GRW810

I was only barely in my teens, completely poor and largely unaware of the gaming industry when I had my GameCube. I think I only ever owned about six games for the console. To this day I'm still catching up with GC goodness; completed the Prime trilogy earlier this year, Luigi's Mansion last year and I recently bought Wave Race. Beyond Good & Evil is nestled in a must-play list that includes Viewtiful Joe, F-Zero GX and quite a few more.

Mithos

I was only barely in my teens, completely poor and largely unaware of the gaming industry when I had my GameCube. I think I only ever owned about six games for the console. To this day I'm still catching up with GC goodness; completed the Prime trilogy earlier this year, Luigi's Mansion last year and I recently bought Wave Race. Beyond Good & Evil is nestled in a must-play list that includes Viewtiful Joe, F-Zero GX and quite a few more.

Well unless you have not yet come to own a 360 or a PS3, the game is there too, digitally.

That's no excuse! I was 13 when BG&E came out, and I knew my duty. :p

Beyond Good & Evil, (Gamecube & PS3), I did my part.

I have bought Beyond Good & Evil HD, I have bought Rayman Origins. I have done everything you asked Ubisoft, now please show me that game.

url

Right, because 2x the ram and a much better GPU don't amount to anything

Famassu

I'm pretty sure that is not the reason why BG&E2 isn't a reality yet.
We can only go by what the mastermind behind the project has said. They were probably developing it for PS360 but maybe ran into technical difficulties so they rather delayed the game than gimped it on current gen consoles.

AniHawk

really can't wait to see mirror's edge 2, beyond good & evil 2, and the last guardian this e3. too bad they'll all be exclusive to the xbox one.

AniHawk

And unlike Bayonetta, BG&E actually has a history on Nintendo platforms.

barely. rayman's a really successful franchise on nintendo systems. bge sold the worst on the gamecube. there might have been other factors feeding into that, but that's how things went.

i suppose it doesn't matter a whole lot these days, but bge hd is a much more recent thing, and was made for the ps360. if anything, ubisoft's been trying to build a fanbase on that machine.

wsippel

Banned
barely. rayman's a really successful franchise on nintendo systems. bge sold the worst on the gamecube. there might have been other factors feeding into that, but that's how things went.

i suppose it doesn't matter a whole lot these days, but bge hd is a much more recent thing, and was made for the ps360. if anything, ubisoft's been trying to build a fanbase on that machine.
It still sold more copies on a Nintendo platform than Bayonetta 1. ;)

Scanna

are we still expecting a Wii U exclusive from Ubisoft after what happened with Rayman Legends?
I mean, there's Zombi U and all, but I find it difficult to believe

I have a feeling Microsoft may have a plan of buying up exclusives like BG&E that are very appealing to the hardcore. Mirror's Edge 2 would fit right in there as well. They would have reasonable budgets, and their purpose would simply be to dare people to avoid the console at the cost of not playing these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom