• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft teasing Beyond Good and Evil 2 reveal at E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

I think the "Beyond Good & Evil 2 = Wii U exclusive" dreaming comes from a Bayonetta 2-like situation. Not Ubisoft investing in an exclusive, but Nintendo securing rights to the game from Ubisoft, then funding development and distributing it themselves.

I don't think Ubi will be making any Wii U exclusives off their own back.

Also, didn't they say that this gen was not powerful enough for the game? Wii U is as powerful as a PS3/360 so it probably can't handle the game.

IIRC, that is.

Tik-Tok

Let's say, hypothetically, I've never played the original Beyond Good and Evil. Should I play the remake or the original?

Hindle

Banned
I've got an horrible feeling Ubi will focus test this and we will get a dumbed down, Assassin Creed rip off that's filled with gimmicks.

qko

On paper, Beyond Good & Evil 2 wouldn't be a crazy investment for Nintendo, like Bayonetta 2, where they fund the remainder of development and publish the title themselves. The kind of game it is, and the legacy it has from the previous generation, would be quite fitting I think for the Nintendo crowd moreso than anybody else.

But I don't think that will be the case. If Beyond Good & Evil 2 does happen, I expect it to appear PC and next generation platforms. Maybe cross gen.

Yeah I tried recommending the game to a LOT if friends with 360's and PS3's when the HD remake came out and many of them either "forgot" or just had no interest in a third person adventure type game.

harSon

Banned
Why do people keep joking about XBone exclusivity? What would give anyone the idea that such a thing would occur?

1. As a joke
2. Microsoft has a history of obtaining (timed) 3rd party exclusives at the beginning of generations, reinforced by EA's TitanFall.
3. Ubisoft is one of the three publishers (Activision and EA being the others) that are rumored to have pushed for DRM within the Xbox One. EA has already given Microsoft TitanFall, and Activision has given them exclusive content for Call of Duty: Ghosts. Mirror's Edge 2 is believed to be exclusive to the XB1 as well.
4. Microsoft has a ton of money and are willing to spend it, evident by their quote saying that they've recently spent a billion dollars on games.

It's mostly a joke, but it's not completely outlandish.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've got an horrible feeling Ubi will focus test this and we will get a dumbed down, Assassin Creed rip off that's filled with gimmicks.

I think it's Ancel's pet project and is one of the things keeping him at Ubi right now. It seems like they're letting him do whatever on it so that he's happy.

Reallink

I bet what they've done is taken the Ass Creed copy pasta template and substituted BG&E characters and locations in Mad Libs style.

Meelow

Banned
This won't be on Wii U. Ancel said this game could only be possible on next gen systems, and followed that up with saying Wii U isn't next gen. Don't get your hopes up fellas.

When did he say that? Because I don't remember that.

I do remember him going on strike to Ubisoft when Rayman Legends on Wii U got delayed.

Also, didn't they say that this gen was not powerful enough for the game? Wii U is as powerful as a PS3/360 so it probably can't handle the game.

IIRC, that is.

I'm not going to turn this thread into a spec thread because those go know where, but Wii U is more powerful than PS3/360.

.la1n

This would easily make E3 for me if it looks anything close to the tech demo / cgi we saw some time ago. Given that it's Ubisoft I also have some confidence in it being multiplatform.

When did he say that? Because I don't remember that.

I do remember him going on strike to Ubisoft when Rayman Legends on Wii U got delayed.

I'm not going to turn this thread into a spec thread because those go know where, but Wii U is more powerful than PS3/360.

He didn't go on strike...he just posed with some fans and members of the dev team who were protesting. Yes he was probably in agreement with them, but he certainly did not go on strike.

1. As a joke
2. Microsoft has a history of obtaining (timed) 3rd party exclusives at the beginning of generations, reinforced by EA's TitanFall.
3. Ubisoft is one of the three publishers (Activision and EA being the others) that are rumored to have pushed for DRM within the Xbox One. EA has already given Microsoft TitanFall, and Activision has given them exclusive content for Call of Duty: Ghosts. Mirror's Edge 2 is believed to be exclusive to the XB1 as well.
4. Microsoft has a ton of money and are willing to spend it, evident by their quote saying that they've recently spent a billion dollars on games.

It's mostly a joke, but it's not completely outlandish.

Except that MS is the last company to go for a relatively niche series to attract people. If they were paying for an exclusive it would be a BIG game

I'll never understand why the first BG&E is so highly regarded. It's like a short and linear poor man's zelda, with way too many (badly done) stealth sections, and disappointing final boss/cliffhanger

i admit its premises were pretty good and its setting is really interesting, but it could have been a lot better than it was. let's hope the second one is better

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"Points if you remember this classic character!" is kind of depressing.

I'll never understand why the first BG&E is so highly regarded. It's like a short and linear poor man's zelda, with way too many (badly done) stealth sections, and disappointing final boss/cliffhanger

i admit its premises were pretty good and its setting is really interesting, but it could have been a lot better than it was. let's hope the second one is better
People love/loved the characters and the let's say charm around it. Gameplaywise it can evolve in every aspect, right.

..... if this is exclusive for the WII u, ill grab that console.

if xbox, fuck you Ubisoft, i'll just play up the story in my head.

seriously, this is a great game - great story, great characteries, great world.

you're missing out if you havent played the first one. and i wish this and the 3rd one came out soonner than expected

Never thought as a fan of o.g Xbox and 360 I wouldn't want or care in a negative way if a ip would be exclusive to the next Xbox. It's how disappointed I am in Xbox One so far

I think the "Beyond Good & Evil 2 = Wii U exclusive" dreaming comes from a Bayonetta 2-like situation. Not Ubisoft investing in an exclusive, but Nintendo securing rights to the game from Ubisoft, then funding development and distributing it themselves.

Well ZombiU was an exclusive on their own accord and ZombiU2 probably will be as well.

Tuck

A lot of charm, an endearing story and world. Some great level design in later areas, even if it is not up to par with Zelda. The overworld was nice - small but fun to traverse (And when you head up to the moon - I said wow). Final areas were great, though the final boss,a s you said, was terrible.

So much potential in a sequel.

jmizzal

Yea and Nintendo themselves said they will do that, also look at Lego City is another game they did that with.

Third party exclusive on Wii U? A risky strategy at the best of times... and these are not the best of times for Nintendo.

There had been rumors that Ubisoft canceled the project ... like Sega canceled Bayonetta 2 ... hm ... seriously this the kind of niche game that Nintendo likes nowadays.

Correct.
She, btw ;)

All I want from E3 every year is Mirror's Edge 2 and/or Beyond Good & Evil 2.

It's just hard to believe both will be announced in one E3 :p. It's too good to be true. That's what I meant.

Even if they're both announced, they'll probably be Xbone exclusives just to troll me.

yeah forreal. these are the two sequels i've been anticipating for years. to reveal them both at the same e3 makes it the best in years too if it happens.

Spazznid

8988573650_1600f78d70_o.png

It's time.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I would be surprised. In interviews and stuff, Ancel didn't give the impression he isn't doing anything other than the new Rayman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom