• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft teasing Beyond Good and Evil 2 reveal at E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
are we still expecting a Wii U exclusive from Ubisoft after what happened with Rayman Legends?
I mean, there's Zombi U and all, but I find it difficult to believe

I think the "Beyond Good & Evil 2 = Wii U exclusive" dreaming comes from a Bayonetta 2-like situation. Not Ubisoft investing in an exclusive, but Nintendo securing rights to the game from Ubisoft, then funding development and distributing it themselves.

I don't think Ubi will be making any Wii U exclusives off their own back.

EvB

I could see this being an Xbox One exclusive, like MirrorsEdge it was a title that received critical acclaim yet sold poorly , partly due to its length. Launch Period game and DRM could be a good combo.

I wonder if Ubisoft have a strategic relationship with Microsoft too?

It literally fucking terrifies me that it's 10 years since the Christnas when Bg&e and Pop:SOT and Burnout 3 and NFS underground came out.
That was when EA were ruling burning hell down on the charts, literally everything was theirs.

Ubisoft had just changed their Logo and all their games had suddenly become good.

Fun times.

I can't be line it's 10 years ago because it means that it's over 10 years since Burnout 2 came out and people are still complaining about the series not being as good!

kubus

There is absolutely NO WAY both Mirror's Edge 2 and Beyond Good & Evil 2 get announced (in BG&E2s case, re-announced) at E3.

No way.

What's next, Shenmue 3? Half-Life 3?

Scanna

I think the "Beyond Good & Evil 2 = Wii U exclusive" dreaming comes from a Bayonetta 2-like situation. Not Ubisoft investing in an exclusive, but Nintendo securing rights to the game from Ubisoft, then funding development and distributing it themselves.

yeah, but that was a different situation already...nobody saw that game coming and if I'm not mistaken, Nintendo funded it and Platinum started to work on it directly for the Wii U, while here we have something that - even if right now could be in jeopardy - was already teased to a large chunk (PC/PS360) of the audience and for Ubisoft just releasing it for a Nintendo consolewould make no sense to me...
I mean Bayonetta 2 exists only because of Nintendo, I think BG&E already lives (or lived) in another form, for different platforms...

EvB

There is absolutely NO WAY both Mirror's Edge 2 and Beyond Good & Evil 2 get announced (in BG&E2s case, re-announced) at E3.

No way.

What's next, Shenmue 3? Half-Life 3?

Mirrors Edge 2 has already shown itself (Xbox One box) and is confirmed by Dice to exist.

That's how ANY exclusive nowadays would have been obtained. No 3rd party is going to willingly make an exclusive. It doesn't make financial sense without some backing from the console makers

*hyperventilates*

ihUm7O7EORbV6.gif

BRING IT!

Jade looks dangerously close to being cut by the Helicopter blades in that leaked gameplay.

kubus

I think he knows that. That's why he's saying he doubts both will be shown.
Correct.
She, btw ;)

All I want from E3 every year is Mirror's Edge 2 and/or Beyond Good & Evil 2.

It's just hard to believe both will be announced in one E3 :p. It's too good to be true. That's what I meant.

Even if they're both announced, they'll probably be Xbone exclusives just to troll me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
yeah, but that was a different situation already...nobody saw that game coming and if I'm not mistaken, Nintendo funded it and Platinum started to work on it directly for the Wii U, while here we have something that - even if right now could be in jeopardy - was already teased to a large chunk (PC/PS360) of the audience and for Ubisoft just releasing it for a Nintendo consolewould make no sense to me...
I mean Bayonetta 2 exists only because of Nintendo, I think BG&E already lives (or lived) in another form, for different platforms...

Bayonetta 2 existed and was pitched to SEGA before Nintendo jumped in. It was just never formally announced. SEGA cancelled it before a formal reveal (it was going to have a magazine cover story at one point), and Nintendo swooped in to pick up production rights to finish and distribute it themselves.

You're right in that BG&E2 has been formally announced, unlike Bayo2, but I think Ubi's wishy washy comments regarding the game leave a lot of people assuming it's forever on the backburner.

That's how ANY exclusive nowadays would have been obtained. No 3rd party is going to willingly make an exclusive. It doesn't make financial sense without some backing from the console makers

For post part yes, but it will also depend on what the game is and the target market. For example, like this generation, if the Xbone bombs something chronic in Japan, but the PlayStation 4 does quite well, it doesn't make financial sense for a niche Japanese title that may never be localised to appear on anything other than the PlayStation 4.

Mass market globally distributed titles don't have any reason to be exclusive though. That's where Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo and their money hats come in.

Even if they were both exclusive to the villainous Xbox One?

As much as I love both those games, the console would have to be very cheap for me to buy it.

Also, I don't want to play Mirror's Edge with a controller (or worse, Kinect).

Scanna

Bayonetta 2 existed and was pitched to SEGA before Nintendo jumped in. It was just never formally announced. SEGA cancelled it before a formal reveal (it was going to have a magazine cover story at one point), and Nintendo swooped in to pick up production rights to finish and distribute it themselves.

You're right in that BG&E2 has been formally announced, unlike Bayo2, but I think Ubi's wishy washy comments regarding the game leave a lot of people assuming it's forever on the backburner.
interesting, I didn't know that ;)

Oersted

Game is hella overrated. Played the original, really liked it, but it is really way, way overrated. Its a really acceptable Zelda-ripoff but it definetly shallow compared to it.

On paper, Beyond Good & Evil 2 wouldn't be a crazy investment for Nintendo, like Bayonetta 2, where they fund the remainder of development and publish the title themselves. The kind of game it is, and the legacy it has from the previous generation, would be quite fitting I think for the Nintendo crowd moreso than anybody else.

But I don't think that will be the case. If Beyond Good & Evil 2 does happen, I expect it to appear PC and next generation platforms. Maybe cross gen.

iOS exclusive.

Game is hella overrated. Played the original, really liked it, but it is really way, way overrated. Its a really acceptable Zelda-ripoff but it definetly shallow compared to it.
I think the reason is that the world was nicely done and the way things hapenned made up for some nice possibilities that gamers want to see in action.

Also the game itself worked perfectly ( did nothing bad ) ..so yeah not a master piece but a perfect valid reason to be expected.

Finally ..a female character that works is so rare

iOS exclusive.

Where is my "no.gif" ?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Why do people keep joking about XBone exclusivity? What would give anyone the idea that such a thing would occur?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why do people keep joking about XBone exclusivity? What would give anyone the idea that such a thing would occur?

You haven't noticed we do this in every thread? If it's a game -> Probably xbone exclusive

Empty

i saw that. i think it's too obvious to mean anything. though i do think there's a small chance of ubi ending their conference with another teaser, they need some surprises.

The_Monk

I would be very curious to see more of this to be honest. Thanks for posting fellow GAFfer.

The first one was a great game to chill out after a tiring day of work. The soundtrack and the Story was very nice. I also loved when I had to go to that Jamaican Garage!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Don't play with my heart Ubisoft.

I just realized I will have to buy a One if this and ME2 would be exclusives. FFS.

Haunted

People are just playing devil's advocate for the hell of it. Counter a feel-good game announcement with a shit platform announcement.

Hugstable

Banned
BG&E2 would literally fit perfectly on the Wii-U. Picture taking with the gamepads gyroscopic controls. I really hope this comes to Wii-U, Huggy needs some new games.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fuck yes. forgot all about this. now here is a game to get excited about.

Shiggy

Unit Image, Akama Studio, and Mikros Image are surely preparing something for Ubisoft. But who'll be responsible for the BGE2 trailer?

EvB

Certainly doesnt have the depth of play of a Zelda game, but for Plot , Atmosphere and characters that you care for I would rate it above any Zelda game I've played

KiDdYoNe

Well, seems like it's gonna be hell of a E3.

The bad part, if BG&E2 and ME2 will be XBO exclusives i'll need to buy that shitty box.

Anyway gonna be lovely to see BG&E2 gettin out of shadow.

Snaku

Banned
This won't be on Wii U. Ancel said this game could only be possible on next gen systems, and followed that up with saying Wii U isn't next gen. Don't get your hopes up fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom