• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Try to predict the name of the “Switch 2”

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
At this point, it seems all but confirmed that the Switch 2 is going to be another hybrid console/handheld, and likely even marketed as a Switch successor. But we also know that Nintendo can be pretty stupid with their naming conventions, especially when following a successful platform, so there’s no way it’ll actually be called the “Switch 2”.

I see “Super Switch” floating around a lot, which I like, but it seems unlikely.

What would you name the next Switch?

shamoomoo

Switch 2 the switcheroo.

Switchzizzle tworizzle.

Nintendo Gamepad/gear.

Something portable or pocket related, like Wii portable or pocket.

Xdrive05

Chances that it will keep "Switch" in the name are probably 97.3%.

Chances that it will be "Switch U" are 0% thank god.

Quantum253

Nintendo MoVe
All about getting out being active and taking your games with you. The upper-case V for how the system closes and opens to allow for easy transport and the awesome flexible OLED/LED screen tech (like Samsung)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Obviously the best choice. Works on a couple of levels - you're already familiar with the brand and let's you know this is the upgraded one.

Famously, people thought Wii U was a controller, not a new system. I think Super Switch sounds like an improved system.
One thing I think that works against it is that “Super Switch” inherently sounds like a device or toy for kids, which makes sense since the “Super Nintendo” was marketed to kids.

But the last 15 years of Nintendo branding have been targeting families and sometimes even older gamers. I just don’t see companies branding their consoles with words like “Super” and “Mega” and “Turbo” anymore. We’re sadly past the ‘tude age.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Nintendo heard the impatience of its fans So they will call it Switch When Is This Console Happenning?
But knowing Nintendo they'll probably go with the acronym ... So it'll be the ...SWITCH ....Shit I thought I had it figured out.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Super Switch Turbo Pro Max (handheld)

Super Switch Turbo Pro Max XL (console)

Kdad

Nintendo Jiro
Good for Nintendo adult nerds
Easy for kids to say
Confusing for Somalis

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
Super Switch rolls of the tongue so well, still my fave.

Then again, they didn't call the Wii2/WiiU the "Wii Wii" as I hoped either..

Top Bottom