• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Forza Motorsport not until Spring 2023

Kiraly

Can you lot keep your banal ass console wars out of my fucking thread

_123983454_willsmithslap.jpg

"Next year (un)Limited", special sponsor of the Xbox since 2009.
If it is any consolation, their line-up for 2023 (Avowed, Starfield, Redfall, Contraband, Replaced, Hellblade II, Forza Motorsport 8...) will no doubt surpass, both in volume and in overall quality, whatever Sony has in store for that same year...

Last edited:

DarthPutin

People have been speculating about some... Penitent? Pemitent? Pertinent? Pentient? Impotent? (I give up, not a native speaker) game in vein of renaissance version of Disco Elysium (not AAA) for XBOX. Which might be ready sooner than later. Anyone knows what that is?

Anyway, good luck for FORZA fans to get it ASAP. I don't care for racing games on any platform, so hopefully Craig of War's uncle really works at Obsidian...

Three

I'm not convinced about this 'it's a new engine" thing anymore. I predict it will just be the same engine used in FH5 and MS have just sidelined it with a small team that takes longer now because it's not a huge seller. FH is more popular and their main racing frachise.

Last edited:
Gt has been hit or miss. Forza never has. I wouldn't make that comparison.

The only time GT was really a "miss" is GT5 and that was eventually fixed up (mostly). They're being pretty stupid with the premium car prices in GT7 (again) but that and always-online are the only glaring flaws, though I've heard people saying the campaign structure is kinda soft

(Yes, "heard"; I'm still hoping PS5 supply is good enough soon I can pick one up and play it there, but I'm not adverse to playing it on PS4 either.)

That was in response to thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best bringing up Sony. No why why he did that in a thread about forza (!!!) But I countered him and got back to talking about forza, the subject at hand. I suggest you do the same

That's a BDE comment if I've ever read one.

If this is legit, It's not even a delay. They have never even mentioned a date for Forza. LOL

Unfortunately several insiders and prominent Xbox channels have more or less been guaranteeing Forza Motorsport would come out this Fall, especially in light of Starfield/RedFall delays etc. Since they've been doing so much talking on that point, a lot of people have been under the impression it's indeed coming this year.

Is that necessarily Microsoft's fault? No. But maybe they could've put out some word on the game earlier this year and said "we'll have more to share early next year!" and that could've tamed down those expectations.

I'm not convinced about this 'it's a new engine" thing anymore. I predict it will just be the same engine used in FH5 and MS have just sidelined it with a small team that takes longer now because it's not a huge seller. FH is more popular and their main racing frachise.

Hopefully it actually is a new engine and a noticeable leap because if not the blowback is going to be severe. It'd of been the second time they had a 1P game promising it's on a "new engine" that's really just a rebranding of an existing engine (IIRC there've been people saying Halo Infinite's Slipspace engine is just the older engine with a new name and a few changes here and there for XDK).

It wouldn't be a great look though people would probably get over it quickly if the game itself looks 'next-gen', at least noticeably so compared to GT7. Which I personally think looks great especially with the lighting system & weather (in fact it could be unequaled on those fronts until GT8), but there's some things which give away it's a cross-gen game (lack of RT in-game during races being a huge one).

Banjo64

cumsessed
E3 2022, Phil Spencer comes on stage “We at Xbox are happy to announce, your girlfriend will now be available as part of Xbox Game Pass at no additional charge.”

Phil Spencer has failed as the head of Xbox, we are literally still waiting for games from Xbox, as of right now Xbox has no games in 2022

HIG9O2C.jpg

USHnLsm.jpg

FI6e5HbWQAIN5c5
What the fuck is with these beanies at the moment? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

10043_1920x1080.jpg

More like Jason.

the-last-of-us-remake-06-09-22-1.jpg

4cac05bf748db4d5adb2fdb08acc3ff6969f3a12.jpg

Not saying it’s 100% confirmed but the last he’s heard from two sources is that the game will release this year. If you accept Grubb you should accept Jasón as well given his track record.
You show me TLOURP1 and that some how include Ragnarok?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
So we get a 4 page thread full of shitposting, memes, warring, fake concern, all over a tweet from a journo where he just happened to mention a spring release (the last he heard) for a game that didnt even have a release date in the first place?.
Jesus people, go outside or somehting.
This place is corny as fuck w/ the console war crap.

However I have seen this listed many times as if it was a given this year despite it's lack of release date. Not excusing dumb console warring but it sucks that Xbox fans have a pretty big drought (winning awards unfortunately doesn't quench AAA game thirst lol) That likely is why people have been saying they expect this.. trying to wish game releases into existence lol

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
I’m sure this will enrage purists, but as someone who isn’t really a hardcore racing game enthusiast I have to ask: Why don’t they just combine the traditional Forza series and its Horizon spin-off? They could allow us to choose between standard circuit tracks or free roam mode, or even put the racing circuits in the middle of the open maps.

Having these two racing game series with similar names next to each other seems kind of redundant to me. Why not just have one ultimate racing game that contains all the modes and features from both series?

I’m sure this will enrage purists, but as someone who isn’t really a hardcore racing game enthusiast I have to ask: Why don’t they just combine the traditional Forza series and its Horizon spin-off? They could allow us to choose between standard circuit tracks or free roam mode, or even put the racing circuits in the middle of the open maps.

Having these two racing game series with similar names next to each other seems kind of redundant to me. Why not just have one ultimate racing game that contains all the modes and features from both series?
Different markets.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Honestly a lot of people are 1 or the other as far as racing games go when it comes to simulation vs. a more arcadey approach. Beyond that even from a technical perspective they have different priorities. An open world racing game vs. a track racer w/ a heavier focus on the car simulation.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Given there's been zero FM8 info or clips lately, doesn't seem like a Q4 release. Hopefully spring 2023 happens. I prefer circuit racers than open world. I might try out F1 to fill the gap.

Rumors are not good enough i want real 100% proof from Sony

You should apply that to everything. However credible insiders shouldn’t be discarded because there might be a grain of truth to what they say. Like with Jason I don’t believe he’s lying to us but take into account things can change.

You will find out soon if your getting GoW this year. In the meantime do not be upset and just hang on.

Edit: Also this should give you an idea on when to expect the announcement.

Last edited:

Jennings

2023 is already a great gaming year, and it's only going to be better with a new Forza game dropping. It's not like Forza 7 discs are going anywhere before 8 drops.

Last edited:

Three

Hopefully it actually is a new engine and a noticeable leap because if not the blowback is going to be severe. It'd of been the second time they had a 1P game promising it's on a "new engine" that's really just a rebranding of an existing engine (IIRC there've been people saying Halo Infinite's Slipspace engine is just the older engine with a new name and a few changes here and there for XDK).

It wouldn't be a great look though people would probably get over it quickly if the game itself looks 'next-gen', at least noticeably so compared to GT7. Which I personally think looks great especially with the lighting system & weather (in fact it could be unequaled on those fronts until GT8), but there's some things which give away it's a cross-gen game (lack of RT in-game during races being a huge one).
There wasn't any blowback for FH5 so hopefully not, i think it still looks great even if it is a crossgen engine that's refined. I just hope people don't have unrealistic expectations of the game being something it's not. This "it's because it's a next gen only new engine" thing is being overblown and I think MS just has less reliance on FM to fill in their racing genre. Plus they don't rely on sales anymore for revenue so biannual releases doesn't make as much sense now. New release live service game and you're done.

Top Bottom