• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Forza Motorsport not until Spring 2023

Banjo64

cumsessed

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
FUCK, 5.5 years development time for a Forza Motorsport is crazy, they are really taking there time with this one. I hope they overhaul all the cars and tracks and use every fucking bit of power thats inside those consoles and pc to deliver the best Forza Motorsport game ever. They have no excuses this time, they had more than enough time. I want this game to be almost perfect on launch day with no bugs and shit.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
FUCK, 5.5 years development time for a Forza Motorsport is crazy, they are really taking there time with this one. I hope they overhaul all the cars and tracks and use every fucking bit of power thats inside those consoles and pc to deliver the best Forza Motorsport game ever. They have no excuses this time, they had more than enough time. I want this game to be almost perfect on launch day with no bugs and shit.
From what I remember reading, they were helping out other studios after shipping Forza 7 in 2017. They didnt start on Forza 8 until 2019. In 2020 when they revealed the game, they said they were in early pre-production.

Hopefully, this means it's next gen only.

MadPanda

Banned
I honestly want to know what exclusives they plan on releasing this year.
They are so exclusive that even people who own consoles can't play them, it's made only for people working for Microsoft. The true exclusives!

I don't care that much if it's going to be amazing. Half a year for a service game won't is fine for me, if the end result justifies it.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Why would You want that horrible game

Feels unnatural to have all the rest on PC besides 5. I didn't mind 5's combat. The story was nothing special. I've played all the Gears including Judgement. I enjoy their stories but can't say I'm in love their cover based shooting combat. I want to run and gun(loving Doom Eternal right now). Halo 5 deserves another playthrough at 4K 120fps like I've done all the rest.

Mr Moose

Horizon came out late last year, arguably the better Forza series. A 2023 release would probably be fine, though with a lot of MS exclusives already delayed it might have too many next year. Ideally it would be 3-5 a year spaced out.

Horizon came out late last year, arguably the better Forza series. A 2023 release would probably be fine, though with a lot of MS exclusives already delayed it might have too many next year. Ideally it would be 3-5 a year spaced out.
Yup, spacing them out would be the best strategy, but it would be interest to see if a constant flow of first party releases makes Gamepass subs grow. Like a new release every 2 months or so.

Jez shot that rumour down as well. Collection doesn't exist, lol.

That's crazy because a modern remake for Gears 1-3 would actually have been pretty hype. Gears 1 especially; it looked great at the time but it's an early-gen 360 game and it shows.

From what I remember reading, they were helping out other studios after shipping Forza 7 in 2017. They didnt start on Forza 8 until 2019. In 2020 when they revealed the game, they said they were in early pre-production.

Hopefully, this means it's next gen only.

It's next-gen only, but there's some thought it could be crossgen due to a leak weeks back showing it running on XBO.

will there be a surprise release this year for any game? hellblade 2 maybe? i dont see what else could make it. it would be pretty damn awful for microsoft to have 0 first party releases for the whole year.

Assuming this rumor's even true, yeah this is going to be a super black-eye kind of year for MS in terms of software lineup. There's really no excuse for it; a platform holder should have consistency in 1P releases every year. Even Nintendo managed that with N64 and that system had SUPER long dry spells of several months at a time at points.

I would be shocked if Hellblade 2 lands this year but I don’t think it will.

Yeah I think with how open they've been showing Hellblade II off so far, if it were due for this year they would've picked a good moment to at least announce it.

Like, when they delayed RedFall & Starfield to take the sting off the impact of that news with something immediately uplifting.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
will there be a surprise release this year for any game? hellblade 2 maybe? i dont see what else could make it. it would be pretty damn awful for microsoft to have 0 first party releases for the whole year.
I'd say Hellblade 2 is out with it being made on the fresh new smell UE5

ManaByte

I don't have faith anything of merit from their studios will release in 2022. They don't hide things like Nintendo. As soon as they even have an idea for a game they're announcing it to the world or its leaking. I know I'm being hyperbolic but you get the point.
Yes they do. There are games that have been cancelled but no one have ever seen even if they were pretty far along. For example, Larry Holland (who made X-Wing and TIE-Fighter) was making an exclusive for MS on the original Xbox that was cancelled (likely for being a bit strange) and nothing, not even a single screenshot, of it has ever leaked.

I don't know about y'all, but the Xbox showcase gets more n more interesting the closer we get....

....because cot dayum...

"Interesting" isn't the adjective I'd use in this context 😂. "Curious" might be where I'm at, at this point.

Yes they do. There are games that have been cancelled but no one have ever seen even if they were pretty far along. For example, Larry Holland (who made X-Wing and TIE-Fighter) was making an exclusive for MS on the original Xbox that was cancelled (likely for being a bit strange) and nothing, not even a single screenshot, of it has ever leaked.

Difference back then though is MS didn't have a league of connected insiders regularly leaking out their projects years in advance. Grubb, Jez, Rand, Klobrille, etc. there's a lot of Xbox insiders who have already revealed projects & details on projects several years out from MS.

If there was a surprise project, we'd probably at least know the codename for it by now.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member

When I refer to hiding games I mean games they plan on selling, are just about finished, and ready to release within a few months. Xenoblade 3, Pokemon Scarlett/Violet, and the latest Kirby game are three examples of this for Nintendo. Its a common practice. Microsoft does not operate like that at all.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Not a surprise, I don't know why people were expecting it this year.

This will come out in the Spring, and Starfield will come out in Q3.

Really dry year for Microsoft, I won't get PC GamePass again for the best part of another year.

Top Bottom