• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is SSX (Trailer) + Uber Mondays

No split screen. No replays. Two really disappointing omissions that make me question whether I'll pay full price for this.

The replay thing should really be a surprise to no one.

These days unless a game is set in a very static environment you don't get replays. We've seen this time and time again this gen and yet people are still expressing surprise and disappointment in games like this not having replays.

Split screen really falls into the exact same boat. A feature that a tiny percentage of users will ever enjoy is obviously not going to be a priority.

The replay thing should really be a surprise to no one.

These days unless a game is set in a very static environment you don't get replays. We've seen this time and time again this gen and yet people are still expressing surprise and disappointment in games like this not having replays.

Split screen really falls into the exact same boat. A feature that a tiny percentage of users will ever enjoy is obviously not going to be a priority.

They're by no means gamebreakers to me, but at a time of the year when I need to prioritize my time and purchases, I won't pay full price for something that's lacking something I covet in a game of its type. My wife and I love playing split-screen games. Without that feature, it's hard for me to justify buying the game at launch. EA will still get my money at some point though.

They're by no means gamebreakers to me, but at a time of the year when I need to prioritize my time and purchases, I won't pay full price for something that's lacking something I covet in a game of its type. My wife and I love playing split-screen games. Without that feature, it's hard for me to justify buying the game at launch. EA will still get my money at some point though.

Exactly where I am at as well.

Oh god demo I want it now! Why can't it come out today, so I can play it over the weekend while my girlfriend is out of town :(

Unless the PS3 demo is clearly inferior in a major way, I'm getting that version. I probably won't even try the Xbox version as long as the PS3 version runs well.

Guy on the Gravitude Bar board made a good point. The ad guys at EA probably placed that before the game was delayed 2 weeks. That means the demo could be delayed 2 weeks as well and might not be out real soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any recorded footage from the even other than the GiantBomb one?

I need me some info. The wait is still too long.

soultron

Banned
Hey guys.

What the hell is this ad I saw on NeoGAF?

hXlkF.png

WHAT DEMO?

You'd best not be trollng.

I'm expecting at least a Race and Trick event, hopefully on different racks. There are only 9 Survive events in the game, so I won't be surprised if we don't get one of those. On the flip side, it is the "signature" new feature so I won't be surprised if we do get that in the demo.

Don't care about split screen, but no replays is a bummer after playing Driver San Francisco.

Well at the very least you can do your best to follow a ghost of a good run down a mountain to see what they did. I don't really care either way since I didn't expect there to be a theatre mode.

Bladenic

I'm definitely excited for this, and I can't wait for the demo. I doubt I'll get it new though, simply because nowadays I never like to spend full price on a game. But I might make an exception, I haven't played SSX since 3 and it's great to finally have the series back in prime form!

Also, first post ever!

soultron

Banned
Well at the very least you can do your best to follow a ghost of a good run down a mountain to see what they did. I don't really care either way since I didn't expect there to be a theatre mode.

Yeah, I'd really like a replay mode as well. Hopefully DLC (or a sequel) can make it happen. Talking with Freddie about EA Harmony made me really want a feature to upload replays since we talked about an emergent playstyle of remixing songs by playing SSX with your custom soundtracks. One can see the obvious legal hoops involved something like that though. :c

I'm definitely excited for this, and I can't wait for the demo. I doubt I'll get it new though, simply because nowadays I never like to spend full price on a game. But I might make an exception, I haven't played SSX since 3 and it's great to finally have the series back in prime form!

Also, first post ever!

Welcome to NeoGAF!

Also, first post ever!

Well it's still on sale for $45 pre-order at the Toys R U website. That's $15 off retail right there. Also welcome to the GAF Hivemind.

Also, first post ever!

You make me happy :> First post ever and it's on a SSX thread.

Was really there a new influx of Juniors? Because we could definitely use some more SSX fans here!

All this talk about platform choice made me think how awesome it would be if RiderNet was platform agnostic...

Mr.PimpJuice9000 just beat the Race Event on Mt. Fuji on his Sony Playstation 3™ with a time of 2:54.

Hmm? You're on 360? Well, too bad son, you shoulda got the Sony Playstation 3™ version to compete with Mr.PimpJuice9000. Peace out.

iFootball

Just wanted to stop by and say that... I can't wait to get my hands on this game!!.. Probably my top waited game this gen... You get so much playtime and fun from SSX!

SSX was my first PS2 game and will never regret that purchase... best in IMO was SSX3

For those building friend lists on PS3 PSN for SSX's Ridernet, add me up: NullPointer

Scapegoat

Mr.PimpJuice9000 just beat the Race Event on Mt. Fuji on his Sony Playstation 3™ with a time of 2:54.

Hmm? You're on 360? Well, too bad son, you shoulda got the Sony Playstation 3™ version to compete with Mr.PimpJuice9000. Peace out.
lol, good call.

Fingers crossed but it looks like Mt. Fuji may only be a PS3 exclusive in the US (shame for US Xbox buyers however)

Both MightyApe and EBGames here in NZ are listing both PS3 and 360 preorders as coming with Mt. Fuji! Stoked if true!!!

Hale-XF11

Has it been confirmed yet whether or not it's just a timed exclusive on the PS3 in the US? Or is Mt. Fuji definitely not coming to the 360 ever?

I have a choice between either system, but I'm leaning towards the 360 because of all my friends on there, plus achievements and my hands are most comfortable with a 360 controller. Also, the confirmation of DLC kinda softens the blow a bit for missing out on Mt. Fuji. If they keep throwing new tracks at me with DLC, I will have no complaints whatsoever.

But, first things first and I gotta try out this game for myself and see if it's as fun as it looks. I'm thinking it will be.

It hasn't been officially confirmed, but it has been heavily hinted that 360 will eventually get Mt. Fuji.

If true, I'm definitely going with the 360 version. The game seems to rely heavily upon the analog sticks and I much prefer the tension on the 360's controllers. I wonder why they're showing off the game using 360 hardware? Usually you lead with the strongest platform, but the guy doing all the demos sounded really high on the PS3 version too. A demo would allay all fears...the kind of demo that's actually released, not the kind that gets ads and never comes out =]

Jamie OD

Yeah I noticed that.

Would that imply it'll be on the 360 in other countries?

Yeah, GameStop in Rep of Ireland is advertising the Mt Fuji bonus for both versions. I assume other shops in European countries are doing the same.

Now I just have to cross my fingers that GameStop doesn't close down their Irish stores until after the game is released.

Struct09

Happy to see there will be a demo. I'm conflicted on which platform to get it for. On one hand I've always played SSX on a DualShock and the PS3 version has extra content, but on the other all my friends would be playing it on 360. If I like the way it feels on a 360 controller I'll probably go that route.

Xun

I'm still torn on which version to get.

It also sucks knowing that Eddie is a pre-order bonus when we don't know how the PS3 version is yet.

Only two weeks until the |OT|. I'm stoked. Can't wait to finally have a good amount of PSN friends on my list. If you want to add me early just add StrikerObi.

Cerberus

Seeing those Mt. Fuji screens reminds me of "Intimidator" from SSX 3. That track had those red gates too. I'm so hyped for this.

It's awesome to hear that Batty is a fan of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater too from his message in the PS Blog. This year we get the return of SSX and THPS HD. Feels good man.

Top Bottom