• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo Switch 2 is supposed to launch in September 2024

Wow… a new gaming console being released in the fall. Such a bold and brave claim. No one could have guessed.

Now I’m actually curious about the release dates of consoles. Let’s check.

SNES: November
N64: September
GameCube: September
Wii: November
Wii U: November
Switch: March!

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Honesty that time frame is what I had pegged. It allows all the current switch games to be marketed and pushed throughout the summer, and it's earlier than the PS5 Pro remake to launch. If it's a good system it will absolutely steal a lot of the marketing and gaming attention from PS5 Pro especially if they launch with blockbuster remakes. Zelda HD's, New Mario, Donkey Kong, and Metroid all within the first 6 months!

Im ready for my preorder!!!!!

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Think is was Cormack who made that thread a few weeks back where we could guess which quarter. I did guess Q3 and whether this source turns out to be correct. I still see a Q3 release to be the most profitable. Reel them in marketing-wise at the end of the Summer (once Nintendo's released the last biggies exclusively for OG Switch) and then set a 'close to' Christmas December launch date. And no, my Uncle isn't the CMO for Nintendo...

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Well, at least everyone knows that they're now branded... ai shark..?

Sacha Baron Cohen GIF

Top Bottom