• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Medium - Official RTX Trailer

Great Hair

Banned
Also I've seen a lot of genuine interest in the game
Not me, not on reddit, not here, nowhere really. There´s a reason why it´s a gamepass title day 1 and not a year later. And Tank controls in 2021 is a lazy cop out for me. Too lazy to give it a modern gameplay? but create false hype, pr and claiming how revolutionizing the gameplay, duo reality-mechanic is ok?

It only makes up for 33%. I thought we could switch all the time between both realities ... guess i was wrong. And it´s made by a known PC studio with a "certain quality". Without Akira Yamaoka .. this would not have seen much "attraction" in the news.

It´s not even visually appealing with RTX enabled. The camera perspective is fixed, the cpu has nothing to do, draw distance is restricted to 4m .. it looks so generic.

Gameplay = 1996 say hi!
VFX = no draw distance, fixed camera a la Onimusha, visually unappealing (to me, even with RTX on), nothing fancy going on, no effects, no bloom?, no dust, nothing to make you feel uncomfortable ..
Story&sound = who knows, might be the sole reason ... and for a full game its supposedly shorter than a famous "marvel .dlc".

Fear Effect or Broken Sword on PS1 looked visually (not technically) better ;)

llien

VP of tech engineering says Unreal 5 will support RT?
Why on earth wouldn't UE5 support NV's RT plugin, if UE4 supported it?
To lose customers?

RT as not being worth it to extrapolate that because Epic did not use it on a PS5 demo, that they think it’s not worth implementing or that they did that to shit on Jensen?
I've asked users many times WHY someone would use "hardware RT" and I have yet to see a coherent answer.
What EPIC did with Lumen was COMPLETELY ignoring NV RT tech, it is absolutely NOT compatible with it.
It's a choice THEY made and it shows what THEY think about prospects of the said tech.
UE5 being demoed on a console also speaks volumes about shift of EPICs priorities (UE4, mind you, was green card galore).

And if you can't stand someone disagreeing with you, why even engage on discussion forum, Jesus Christ, what a childish hysteria was that? Eh...

Top Bottom