• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD FSR 3 FidelityFX Super Resolution 3 is coming to Forspoken and Immortals of Aveum

Buggy Loop

Just some context on latency, for all the shit DLSS 3 got for latencies, AMD will be in a world of hurt if they don’t overhaul anti-lag

Raw reflex vs anti-lag, the 3070Ti 4K at 109 fps beats the 6700XT 1080p 211 fps in latency

Those insufferable ~12ms latency from enabling DLSS 3 frame gen will look like witchcraft once peoples bench FSR3 😂 Native AMD latency is inherently higher than Nvidia somehow, without reflex

fortnite-latency-4070-ti-perf.png

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Seems like they’re hiding it in two games nobody plays so they can claim they released it, while continuing to buy themselves more time. Shame.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just some context on latency, for all the shit DLSS 3 got for latencies, AMD will be in a world of hurt if they don’t overhaul anti-lag

Raw reflex vs anti-lag, the 3070Ti 4K at 109 fps beats the 6700XT 1080p 211 fps in latency

Those insufferable ~12ms latency from enabling DLSS 3 frame gen will look like witchcraft once peoples bench FSR3 😂 Native AMD latency is inherently higher than Nvidia somehow, without reflex

fortnite-latency-4070-ti-perf.png
Yep, like 2 generations behind DLSS. Glad it's coming but shows how superior DLSS is in almost all aspects.

Fbh

Can consoles use this?

God I hope not.
I'm starting to hate FSR on consoles.

At first it sounded great because I thought it would allow devs to focus on 60fps at 1080-1440p and then use FSR to boot image quality.
Instead more and more games are just going "fuck it, let's just render at 720p and use FSR".

I don't want to see what they'll start doing with frame generation ("fuck it let's just aim for 25fps at 720p and use FSR")

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Amusingly, it also works on old nVidia GPUs who lack the dedicated hardware for their newer graphics thingies.
The Switch can use FSR.
Is this true for FSR3? I don’t know if that has been confirmed anywhere yet. From the article:

AMD has not yet disclosed the complete details regarding FSR quality tiers and support for Radeon and other GPU models.

winjer

Gold Member
Confirmed to work on 7000, 6000 and older AMD GPUs. And also on consoles.

Also confirmed for 12 games.
And a plugin for Unreal Engine.

Fluid motion works into all DX11 and DX12 games, by enabling HyperR-X.

Last edited:

hlm666

Well fluid motion shouldn't have any trouble being better than Frame Gen in aveum, it's completely fucked. Hmmm interesting turn of events that this game has the worst FG implentation to date, curious indeed.

TrebleShot

So this is mostly good for the consoles I imagine a PS5 pro would implement it but come on give us FSR3 in other games PLEASE FFXVI, Quality modes become 60fps that would be incredible.

But as with 2.2 basically ONE game supports it which is FH5 so I have zero faith in it.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
AMD just announced at their conference that frame generation will be available at the driver level for all DX11 & DX12 games:

At driver level it won't get actual motion vectors from the engine nor always be able to separate the HUD from the 3D render (for in-game 3D HUD), maybe with some depth data like reShade and others can use, so I expect a graphical mess 😅

winjer

Gold Member
So a bit of good news and bad news.
AMD has a new feature called Anti-lag+ to further reduce latency in games.
The bad news is that it's only for RDNA3 GPUs.

I don't really like those fake frame technologies as they introduce lag... But watching today's games on announcement I saw AMD claiming they can reduce your lag while generating fake frames...

I really really want to see this in action to check if that statement is true.

mhirano

Is this basically the same effect like motion interpolation on TVs (soap opera effect) but with specific frame knowledge about what is happening within the scene so less artifacts?
Does it improve controls responsivity as well?
I think it’s more like the frame interpolation from VR that is context sensitive and yes improve responsiveness

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Is this basically the same effect like motion interpolation on TVs (soap opera effect) but with specific frame knowledge about what is happening within the scene so less artifacts?
I mean it's deconstructive statement - but yes. Or you could also say the same as DLSS3.

Does it improve controls responsivity as well?
Not what was demoed so far, no.

Frame generation, especially if it doesnt have an AI component, is meant for upscaling 50+ fps to 100+.
Not at all - interpolation is meant for interpolating values between two fixed points - it's arbitrary how far apart those are.
The reason both NVidia and AMD focus on frame doubling is because these methods also make input latency worse - so you really don't want to market fractional framerate increases for it.

Loxus

Coming to some of the boxes apparently

Just getting this out there, this should work on PS5 as well.

AMD reveals long-awaited FSR 3 tech and frame gen for every DX11/DX12 game
So, how does FSR 3 actually work? The principles are similar to DLSS 3, but the execution is obviously different as unlike the Nvidia solution, there are no AI or bespoke hardware components in the mix. A combination of motion vector input from FSR 2 and optical flow analysis is used. DLSS 3 uses a hardware block to achieve the latter, of course, while FSR 3 uses software instead, running using asynchronous compute.

Top Bottom