• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Publishes Full FSR 3 Source Code For DX12 & Unreal Engine 5, Making Integration In Games Easier For Devs

Bernoulli

M2 slut
For some reason I can't copy the text

Last edited:

Puscifer

If only it was as good, AMD really needs to stop with all of these "me too!" responses and just get some engineerings worth their weight to be competitive.

Puscifer

Damn, with this kind of negativity one ought to wonder why AMD even bothers posting source code, which by itself is always appreciated.
My last AMD GPU was a 7970 which was amazing, but I just feel like that was the last time they really got their hands dirty and was kicking ass. Most things they've done since the 5 series has just been copying Nvidia

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
My last AMD GPU was a 7970 which was amazing, but I just feel like that was the last time they really got their hands dirty and was kicking ass. Most things they've done since the 5 series has just been copying Nvidia
I for one will applaud any and all open source givings, and the fact AMD is putting FSR3 out there, which is actually pretty descent, open source for inclusion in UE5 can only benefit studios as at the very least you always get decent performance no matter what.

Darsxx82

Theoretically FSR3 should help to have better performance and IQ on games for consoles with target 60fps or 60fps mode....

We will see.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
SCRDP4V.png

Would be nice to see a game or two try to get this on Xbox, since it seems to have native support.

twilo99

So true.
Avatar would be a great game to have FSR3 also on consoles. It has already been implemented on the PC version.
Frame Generation and AntiLag on consoles would probably work well, even with regards to latency.

I doubt we would see an FSR3 multiplat game anytime soon.. 1st party maybe

b0uncyfr0

Atm, its 1 great implementation and 2 not so good. Time will tell if it can compete. It shows great promise - AMD are fantastic at that though :messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
So true.
Avatar would be a great game to have FSR3 also on consoles. It has already been implemented on the PC version.
Frame Generation and AntiLag on consoles would probably work well, even with regards to latency.

FSR3 doesn't have Vulkan-support yet. That's a problem for PS5 games.

I would love to see comparison shots and videos with XeSS and FSR2. Will probably be a while before anything uses it unfortunately.

Im glad they are making this open source. Hopefully it pays off in the long run. I don't like nvidias closed-box approach.

That being said, the only time I tried FSR was on RE4 and it made my framerate and video quality both noticeably worse.

twilo99

it's not so much about low vram, but it needing more vram, so if you're already hitting the limit on xss, you might need to optimise some other things.

I don’t follow ..

more VRAM = no need for extra optimization elsewhere ?

Most current gen GPUs have more than 8GB but I guess an 8GB 3060 would run into the same problem as the xss

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I don’t follow ..

more VRAM = no need for extra optimization elsewhere ?
It needs more available vram to run this feature, so if you were already hitting the limit before with your game on the xss, you'd need to do some optimisation to free up same vram.

Top Bottom