• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia releases new benchmarks for its RTX 4080 graphics cards

Fredrik

My case is different, i have to make a new build from zero basically so it's not just the price of the gpu that i have to keep an eye on...also recession is coming :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I'm already moving today for the ssd since it's prime day but i need some advice in the pc build topic.
Just don’t rush it, that’s my only advice.

I built an all new build just days ago, only kept the keyboard, mouse and screen, some not so clever purchases later it ended at ~ 2000 euro… without a graphics card… If I would add a local ~ 2000 euro priced 4090 we’re looking at a ~ 4000 euro PC… And I can still only fit a few of the graphics cards so the most important spec figure this time is the depth.
Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

GymWolf

Just don’t rush it, that’s my only advice.

I built an all new build just days ago, only kept the keyboard, mouse and screen, some not so clever purchases later it ended at ~ 2000 euro… without a graphics card… If I would add a local ~ 2000 euro priced 4090 we’re looking at a ~ 4000 euro PC… And I can still only fit a few of the graphics cards so the most important spec figure this time is the depth.
Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency
I usually make my build during black friday-cyber monday on amazon but today is prime day and there are some juicy prices on ram and ssd.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Fucking lol at people thinking that a 4090 is overkill for gaming...

The 4090 is a marketing ploy. Its fanboy fuel just like every xx90. No matter how well AMD does there is very little chance they will make a xx90 competitor and no matter how well the lower cards stack up fanboys can always say nvidia has the best card even if only 1% of nvidia owners have one. It’s car sells 101.

GymWolf

The 4090 is a marketing ploy. Its fanboy fuel just like every xx90. No matter how well AMD does there is very little chance they will make a xx90 competitor and no matter how well the lower cards stack up fanboys can always say nvidia has the best card even if only 1% of nvidia owners have one. It’s car sells 101.
Not sure if we are talking about the same thing here.

CuNi

I know I am in the minority, but how does the performance look between those in 1080p in games.
Can those cards finally push 240 fps in games like cyberpunk or even 120 fps native with RTX and no DLSS?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I know I am in the minority, but how does the performance look between those in 1080p in games.
Can those cards finally push 240 fps in games like cyberpunk or even 120 fps native with RTX and no DLSS?

Watch the Gamers Nexus review

Skifi28

I would have agreed until now, but it seems nvidia has made the 4080s so bad that the 4090 is the one to actually get. Not that I would ever pay over 2000 euros for a GPU, but it really is the better value.

Housh

I have a feeling this means the 4090 ti will be out in 6 months or sooner to get the rest of the money left.

hlm666

And these are all DLSS 3.0 benchmarks. The native rasterization performance is very likely worse.

I bet the real reason why they didnt enable DLSS 3.0 on 30 series cards is so that these graphs wouldnt show the 3090 outperforming the 4080 cards.
The grey bars are native no dlss, not min framerate. That's what people are looking at here.

Haggard

Banned
I would have agreed until now, but it seems nvidia has made the 4080s so bad that the 4090 is the one to actually get. Not that I would ever pay over 2000 euros for a GPU, but it really is the better value.
I'd argue that neither "better" nor "good" nor even "reasonable" can be used when it comes to describing anything from the dungpit that is Nvidias pricing strategy....

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The grey bars are native no dlss, not min framerate. That's what people are looking at here.
I see now. Thanks.

So 4080 12 GB which is the 4070 is worse than the 3090 Ti. Last gen, the 3070 was around the same performance level as the 2080 Ti, and the 3080 was roughly almost 40% more powerful than the 2080 Ti. Thats now cut down to 10%. The price is has gone up by $500.

The 3080 was 63% more powerful than the 2080. If my math is correct then the 4080 is going to be just 25-30% more powerful.

This is really really bad.

MWyjL97.jpg

36L5e7N.jpg
295CNaE.jpg

Crayon

Wtf is this shit. What a twist after the 4090 kicking ass yesterday.

If the 30XX overstock is as bad as they say, things were going to end up stupid one way or another.

I cannot fucking wait to see what and when the 4070 and 4060 are.

How long are they going end up pushing 3060 against a 7600 for 40 bucks more or something? I hope this all turns out as awkward as I imagine. I'm hoping for a slow motion train wreck, here. :>

Fredrik

Wtf is this shit. What a twist after the 4090 kicking ass yesterday.

If the 30XX overstock is as bad as they say, things were going to end up stupid one way or another.

I cannot fucking wait to see what and when the 4070 and 4060 are.

How long are they going end up pushing 3060 against a 7600 for 40 bucks more or something? I hope this all turns out as awkward as I imagine. I'm hoping for a slow motion train wreck, here. :>
There is a new firmware out which is bumping the 3000 serie performance too so it feels like such a strange launch right now. Can we even trust any benchmark posted up til now?

Fredrik

Top Bottom