• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread December 2012: Santa touched me somewhere weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emag

Should I get final fantasy 1 or 2? I've never played either of them but I'm willing to get one for $4.

Final Fantasy II is my favorite Final Fantasy -- it's easily the most experimental the series has ever gotten (conversations with NPCs based on keywords, a novel leveling system (later imitated by the Elder Scrolls games), and the first appearance of a well-defined cast and plot in a jRPG). The remakes/rereleases have removed the jank (grinding, etc.) and really brought the game forward. It's definitely worth playing.

FF I is only notable for being the first FF. I'd pass on it.

PFD

Picked up Vice City for a cool 45k credits off freeappslots. It runs at native retina res on ipad 4 and looks fantastic. I just gotta wrap up GTA 3 and then delete it before I dive in.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I can not wait to play this on the iPad resolution and framerate!!! It will be so much better than the DS bullshit I had to suffer through years ago.
What's the framerate on the DS, I thought all DS 3D games are either 60fps or 30 (with the latter requiring workarounds to allow for more polygons and lower frame rate counter to what the system was meant to do or something like that).

What's the framerate on the DS, I thought all DS 3D games are either 60fps or 30 (with the latter requiring workarounds to allow for more polygons and lower frame rate counter to what the system was meant to do or something like that).
If my memory is accurate, low 20s mostly.

Mrbob

I know I'm late to the party, but what's the opinion on Devil's Attorney? Finally looking into picking it up.

I wish that modern combat 4 had a 30fps toggle you could enable, running at near 60 kills the iphones battery like no tomorrow, makes the phone really hot too.

About 2 hours of gameplay has taken my battery from above 90% to 21%, it's good but you could get more with a framerate cap.

yeah, first time i've had my iphone 5 go below 20% after a school day. I'm more disappointed with how the unlocking system works though. It's quite different from your usual CoD, but it does make unlocking stuff take a long ass while.

PFD

Final Fantasy Dimensions full IAP unlock is now $16.99 (down from $28.99)

Sadly there doesn't appear to be any discount on tactics, the only FF I'm interested in playing due to universal praise.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
No one has mentioned playing Mutant Mudds at all, hmm.

Korosenai

Final Fantasy II is my favorite Final Fantasy -- it's easily the most experimental the series has ever gotten (conversations with NPCs based on keywords, a novel leveling system (later imitated by the Elder Scrolls games), and the first appearance of a well-defined cast and plot in a jRPG). The remakes/rereleases have removed the jank (grinding, etc.) and really brought the game forward. It's definitely worth playing.

FF I is only notable for being the first FF. I'd pass on it.
Thanks, sounds good.

No one has mentioned playing Mutant Mudds at all, hmm.

I bought it and it plays great. Besides, you can't beat getting it for $1 compared to buying it on the eShop.

Freeappslots keeps not recognizing my downloads. So annoying.

Freeappslots is a cool idea but its a total mess. It barely even functional. The "like for 3 free spins link just straight up dosn't work. So I tried liking it on facebook normally. Didnt get my spins. Unliked instantly. Not to mention I dont think I got my free spins today. Its barely functions. Argh. And Walking Dead isn't on it anymore :(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Into the Dead is good. I like the camera effects (wobbling after running face first into a tree, after jumping a high fence, etc). Little touches like that go a long way. I haven't played any first person runners yet so it's a pretty novel experience for me, even if the genre is a bit saturated at this point. Good stuff.

I'm in a buying mood right now...even though I have so many unplayed games .

Branson

I'm in a buying mood right now...even though I have so many unplayed games .

I get this way with iOS games. It's easy to do since they are so cheap. I want to get FF2, Vice City and stuff. It's like steam sales. Not sure about the older FF games yet.

Chris R

BG must be pretty big... Is it retina enabled? At any rate, hope to be playing it over my lunch break in a few hours!

Pachimari

Freeappslots is a cool idea but its a total mess. It barely even functional. The "like for 3 free spins link just straight up dosn't work. So I tried liking it on facebook normally. Didnt get my spins. Unliked instantly. Not to mention I dont think I got my free spins today. Its barely functions. Argh. And Walking Dead isn't on it anymore :(
It's a mess but it works. In less than a week I got Minecraft for 60.000 coins. Sometimes the servers are stressed out so it'll take time to get coins. But yeah, many times there's something it doesn't register. I'm now saving up for NFS: Most Wanted or Angry Birds Star Wars HD.

MedIC86

FF1,2,3 dont support iphone 5 res right ? :(

BG must be pretty big... Is it retina enabled? At any rate, hope to be playing it over my lunch break in a few hours!

I thought i read somewhere that it isnt retina because of the size.

I know I'm late to the party, but what's the opinion on Devil's Attorney? Finally looking into picking it up.

I really like. I play it from time to time.
its turn-based where u try to discredit the lawyer using attacks like analyst to damage evidence so it won't dmg u on the enemy's turn.

There's a skill tree where u upgrade skills by upgrading ur crib

Zodzilla

Hooray, I finally announced a new iOS game today! Cook, Serve, Delicious is coming to iPad on December 13th (hopefully if it goes through Apple approval ok). I've discounted the PC/Mac versions of CSD down to $5.95 (+30% off) which is good until the iPad version is released.

More details and screens here: http://www.vertigogaming.net/blog/?p=2226

Hey, I saw this on Giant Bomb and thought it looked like a bucket of fun. Coincidentally, I have a long flight ahead of me right after that release date.

Question though: is it compatible with an iPad 1st gen? If so, super excited to be picking up a copy!

Heel

Hooray, I finally announced a new iOS game today! Cook, Serve, Delicious is coming to iPad on December 13th (hopefully if it goes through Apple approval ok). I've discounted the PC/Mac versions of CSD down to $5.95 (+30% off) which is good until the iPad version is released.

This looked perfect for iPad when I watched the Giant Bomb quick look. I'll check it out for sure.

Flunkie

Banned

Was hoping this was what was coming. I loved that freemium cooking game Wii port aesthetically but the freemium hooks were abysmal. Can't wait Chubs. :)

I will buy this the day it releases. The game looked really interesting on PC, but seems even better suited for a tablet for some on the go gaming.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Oh I thought he just wanted me to play with him, I actually downloaded the game to try it out lol. Nevermind. :(

Something I just realized... while gameloft games are 'full priced' yet have a ton of iap, I can't imagine the games they made are cheap, and those teams are quite large for ios dev standards.

Wonder how many of them are profitable.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wow, that TF2 knockoff is one of the most blatant things I've seen them try to pull off.

But yeah, I'm sure an online FPS would work GREAT on a touchscreen device *rolleyes*

LOL

12123.jpg

Zeth

So I'm probably gonna throw mc4 and vice city to the first post.

Any other games you got this week that you would confidently recommend?

Mutant Mudds is a solid platformer and Minigore 2 is a worthy successor to one of the early iOS twin stick shooters.

Wow, that TF2 knockoff is one of the most blatant things I've seen them try to pull off.

But yeah, I'm sure an online FPS would work GREAT on a touchscreen device *rolleyes*

Funny enough I like playing online fps on iOS more than consoles or pc.

I guess the limitations of controls gives everyone a handicap so I got a fighting chance lol.

It's a mess but it works. In less than a week I got Minecraft for 60.000 coins. Sometimes the servers are stressed out so it'll take time to get coins. But yeah, many times there's something it doesn't register. I'm now saving up for NFS: Most Wanted or Angry Birds Star Wars HD.

True. I haven't installed any apps, I've just done the 2 free spins a day and after about a week I have enough for Angry Birds: Star Wars. Not bad for a few button presses a day.

PFD

Freemyapps just added a ton of sponsor apps, but they didn't give me any credit :( I think they're overloaded

Pachimari

I actually miss more of online FPS/TPS games on iOS. And horror. Those are games I enjoy playing on iPad Mini as it feels great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom