• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread December 2012: Santa touched me somewhere weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfinke

Guys I love you but you HAVE to get an OP for this game you're all talking about. It's bewildering.

Yep, and annoying that it isn't available in Australia. Looks like a decent enough game.

Just bought Knights of Pen and Paper for 2 bucks. My first purchase of 2013!

bonesquad

Making January's OT tomorrow morning GMT time, everyone cool with that? Emulated partners notwithstanding. :)

Nice. Be sure to remind everyone to vote for their favorite iOS games in the GAF GOTY voting. That should be fun. You could also correct the issue of the OP's current lack of Penny Arcade: The Game.

mzl.gzdgrynp.320x480-75.jpg

Heel

Machinarium, definitely. Infinite Warrior is fun also.

Grabbed Machanarium when it first went on sale a few days back. So good! Currently stuck on
the last level of the puzzle game in the arcade. Took a break after saving and it's making me do all the levels again...gah.

railGUN

Banned
Grabbed Machanarium when it first went on sale a few days back. So good! Currently stuck on
the last level of the puzzle game in the arcade. Took a break after saving and it's making me do all the levels again...gah.

I spent a good couple hours on that last night... but eventually I got it.

PFD

Nah. I'm in Urep so it's not out here afaik. And it's got a whiff of the pokemens about it. Nothing that I've seen about it is saying it's my kind of game.

The game has several elements that i just couldn't stand. It's a puzzle game that requires you to be always online, no thx. It's got an energy bar. The 'dungeons' are a mockery of what dungeons are supposed to be, you literally keep moving forward in a narrow corridor and run into waves of monsters until you reach the 'boss', which doesn't look any different from regular mobs and dies in 2 hits. And to top it off, when fighting you can move a puzzle block all over the screen, pushing other blocks around.

It's just not my type of game. Seems like a huge grindfest, but I can see why others might like it if they're into min/maxing and collecting monsters.

The game has several elements that i just couldn't stand. It's a puzzle game that requires you to be always online, no thx. It's got an energy bar. The 'dungeons' are a mockery of what dungeons are supposed to be, you literally keep moving forward in a narrow corridor and run into waves of monsters until you reach the 'boss', which doesn't look any different from regular mobs and dies in 2 hits. And to top it off, when fighting you can move a puzzle block all over the screen, pushing other blocks around.

It's just not my type of game. Seems like a huge grindfest, but I can see why others might like it if they're into min/maxing and collecting monsters.

Lol

For not wanting to talk about it you're talking about it an awful lot.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
beat Bastion today. Did anyone continue on with the New Game +?
I did, but since you can load your last save to see the different endings there's not much of a reason to, unless you want to play again or like to 100% things like me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nice. Be sure to remind everyone to vote for their favorite iOS games in the GAF GOTY voting. That should be fun. You could also correct the issue of the OP's current lack of Penny Arcade: The Game.

mzl.gzdgrynp.320x480-75.jpg

Yeah sometimes I think since we're all hanging out in the iOS board games thread maybe some great games that we're all playing there aren't getting enough love here. :) I'll definitely hit up this thread when Agricola comes out though as it's an all-time classic by iOS's current best board-game dev.

fwiw these are my top 5 board-game conversions at the moment:
1. Carcassonne (my favorite iOS game ever)
2. Summoner Wars (Pocket Tactics GOTY)
3. Ascension
4. Lost Cities (even though it doesn't have iPad resolution, still so good)
5. Le Havre (a bit underappreciated since the game is a complex Euro and the async is barebones)

Also great: Penny Arcade, Stone Age, and Neuroshima Hex for async, Forbidden Isle, Ticket to Ride, San Juan, and Elder Sign for non-async.

CzarTim

Yeah, lots of great late-year asynchronous releases with Penny Arcade, Fluxx, Stone Age, and Battle of the Bulge. +1 for Carcassonne being the best iOS game ever made. And Summoner Wars was #3 on my GOTY list overall.

So each puzzle clear in the new Ghost Trick mode unlocks a wallpaper. Here's one of them:

I have to assume it has to be cleared on an iPhone to get an iPhone resolution wallpaper; my iPad is my only iOS device.

iceatcs

Is there anyone there reach Orc level 30? (Orc: Vengeance)
There is only two more achievements to go but I'm thinking to delete it for storage space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom