• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 5 Adds New Playable Epilogue With 3,589 Lines of Extra Dialogue, Much More. Game Now Requires 130GB.

Buggy Loop

Meanwhile another certain RPG has 200 devs working still on it and they haven't implemented shit. Is the button to eat without going to inventory in yet?

Nickolaidas

You can now knock the queen out and recruit her later on, without killing the Tieflings.

THE QUEEN IS AVAILABLE FOR RECRUITMENT ON A 'GOOD' PLAYTHROUGH

h0K7G48.jpg

Mister Wolf

I'm glad they did an epilogue but I refuse to download and play through that final battle again. Will just look at Youtube vids on it.

Atrus

Gold Member
I bought this game in August and it’s received 5 massive patches that add to the user experience and content.

I bought Starfield in September and got 1 major update and 1 minor update of mostly bug and performance fixes plus the ability to eat without menus.

That’s the difference between a team passionate about their work and a team phoning it in to maximize profits with minimal effort.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Yeah, I'm aware of the balance issues in 5e above Level 10 pretty much. I just figured they'd try to find some way around it.
You just explained high-level Dungeons and Dragons in Star Wars terms in order to describe the finer details of a video game. This may be the single nerdiest post this forum has ever seen.

I love it!

3 top tier studios just giving 100% effort to us. Larian, Cdpr and Remedy should get all the accolades this year.

Last edited:

DanEON

Niceeeee. I have 205h of gameplay and still didnt finish. Great time for this patch.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Kind of frustrating. Why can't they release a game complete? Adding actual story content post-release is insane.

Bkdk

I do wonder when they will add unlimited leveling and enemy respawn options and finally official mod tools.

Yo they added custom difficulty. I can do a single save slot + easy difficulty combat. I want all the hard choices but found the combat takes quite a long time when they are like 20 godam goblins in the camp.

Madflavor

Dude...

Honour Mode sounds insane. They actually took it a step further and gave bosses Legendary Actions in Honour mode. Imagine the sweat on your brow if you make it to Act 3, and you're about to do the Viconia fight.

twilo99

Just tested it on PS5.

• Good fps gains in act 3, feels like 10 more fps in general.
  • The 4 second inventory lag is now gone.
  • You can access all party members inventory from your camp.
  • Lag when opening the action bar wheel has been reduced.

*trigger warning*

You can thank the xss for those

SRTtoZ

Is the patch out yet? Just trying to figure out if I have to re-download it or not b/c I just installed it on my brand new Steam Deck OLED like 30 mins ago. I heard someone say it's gonna be better to re-install it after the patch to save space. Can anyone help me out?

Doom85

Is the patch out yet? Just trying to figure out if I have to re-download it or not b/c I just installed it on my brand new Steam Deck OLED like 30 mins ago. I heard someone say it's gonna be better to re-install it after the patch to save space. Can anyone help me out?

I would assume so since the patch is out on PS5.

It's crazy to me they released one of the most feature complete games of all time but it was still technically unfinished

Meh, it’s like eating at a restaurant with some of the greatest food one has ever tasted…but the lighting occasionally flickers. Not a big deal in my book.

jm89

Smaller 350mb hotfix dropped on ps5 after patch 5. No idea what's in it though, can't seem to find any notes.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I'm honestly getting annoyed because it seems like every time I open Steam, I'm getting a BG3 update. Fucking hell, enough is enough.

Majukun

played the epilogue...there are still some bugs regarding recognizing your choices

once i adopted the owlbear with shadowhearts, the game switched immediately to a dialogue choice regarding her parents being alive and her still under shar's influence, while i let her choose and she killed/freed them...also laz'ael apparently went lone anyway even after i convinced her to stay

but it's still overall a much better send off to the party...only made me regret a bit

the choice made to make karlach into a mindflier..she is still holding on, but it's clear she is slowly losing grasp of herself

Top Bottom