• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox System Update Aims to Resolve Baldur’s Gate 3 Save Game Issues But Players Still Report Issues

Draugoth

Gold Member
baldurs-gate-3-xbox-ban.jpg

As reported last month, numerous Xbox players have been reporting game crashes as well as save data loss while playing Larian's Baldur's Gate 3 on their platforms. Larian released a minor update that addresses some of the crashing issues but referred to an Xbox firmware update for disappearing save files after a crash. Microsoft already released a system update several weeks ago, but players are still reporting data loss and crashes when trying to play Larian's hit title.

Numerous players are still reporting issues after applying the update. Most of the comments mention the game not loading at all or crashing when starting a new game. We've included some of the comments from players below:

"Still not working. Updated my console, tried the game, still crashes, reset the console, still crashes?",

one X user writes.

Another player writes,

"It didn’t fix it, lost my saves and still crashes every time i start a new game lol".

According to another Xbox player, cross saves aren't being synced up and the game keeps crashing after applying the update.

"It didn’t fix a damn thing, my cross saves aren’t syncing and my game STILL crashes when I start a new game. I want a refund since my game is literally unplayable."

Source

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm glad I decided to wait to buy this. I've never once lost a save or had issues with this in any game owning the system for 3 years.

Top Bottom