• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The graphics gap between Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA 6 will be greater than the one we experienced between GTA 5 and RDR 2"

Woggleman

Yeah I hope its more like GTA 4 than 5. The driving in 4 felt realistic and was super fun. It actually felt dangerous when you pick up speed. GTA 5 was a big downgrade in comparison. Actually I feel like GTA 5 was a downgrade in most aspects apart from graphics.
This is true but at the time many people hated IV's driving so they changed it. Gamers have a habit of complaining and then complaining when they get the changes they want.

Deerock71

Uh Huh Sure GIF

This is true but at the time many people hated IV's driving so they changed it. Gamers have a habit of complaining and then complaining when they get the changes they want.

I remember being disappointed in GTA V's driving straight away. It felt way too arcadey. I really hope GTA VI takes inspiration from GTA IV and RDR2 and not GTA V. I didn't really like V that much. It was ok.

Yeah I agree about gamers being whiny. One minute a game is great, then a few months later it's overrated. Always complaining and moaning. Never happy.

Last edited:

Droxcy

Bruh. Those were early in development leaks, not in the slightest representative of what the final game will look like. Games look like shit especially in early development. Go look at early horizon footage lol
Funny that people hold the Sept 2022 leaks to such validity of what a final product next gen GTA game will look like. Imagine a modern Red Dead 2 with even more tech piped behind it, this game is going to be insane.

RickSanchez

Gold Member
I'll believe it when i can play it. Hopefully, without needing to set DLSS to ultra-performance just to keep the fps above 50 and my temps below 100ºC

Last edited:

geary

What jump do you guys expect on a heavy AI sandobx game on a potato console compared with current tech in 2023?

coffinbirth

We just got a pretty good look yesterday via the one of the lead devs children on his socials...and yes, it looks to be VERY good looking. Hope it's a better game than V though, that was one of my biggest gaming disappointments ever after the superb IV and it's two expansions.

Mister Wolf

That’s how I played it a few weeks ago. Absolutely maxed out on my PC. Beautiful art direction but technology is rooted in last gen and it shows. If GTA6 is cross-gen it’s DOA.

Agreed the usage of baked lighting is especially jarring with the time of day transitions. The game is old. Even Robocop from a AA developer looks better at this point.

Last edited:

Three

I've said before people are going to be disappointed in the leap not looking photo realistic even though there are going to be some nice additional touches like going in and out of buildings much quicker or the usual Rockstar attention to detail in animation.

digdug2

What gta 5? The one from 360, ps4 or ps5?
All look much different.
Yeah, if they're saying that GTA6 will blow GTAV from PS5 out of the water, I'd say they're probably smoking crack. The difference between GTAV on PS3 and RDR on PS4 (and even more so on Pro) is pretty nuts though.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Someone already asked how so, but yeah you're right it's last gen. It's FIVE years ago. But it most definitely didn't age like milk. It still has some of the most impressive graphics out there.

Yeah maybe it was too harsh but game looks last gen as fuck. Expensive, but last gen.

digdug2

Yeah maybe it was too harsh but game looks last gen as fuck. Expensive, but last gen.
For sure. They started developing it while PS3/X360 were still going strong. They did the best with what they had, but the technology wasn't there yet. Long loading times, short draw-distances, and jaggies out the ass. If they did an update to the game to make it 60fps on modern consoles, I think it would help make it look newer.

My biggest complaint about the game were the RPG-lite elements that they added to the game. I understand that they were creative decisions, but man are they tedious. Having to feed your character... but don't overfeed him or he'll get fat. You walked through mud, so now you have to clean your gun or will jam and be less accurate. I wanted a more arcadey game, not a Wild West simulator. And who the fuck cares if the horse's balls contract when you're in colder climates? I sure as shit don't.

Last edited:

GymWolf

For sure. They started developing it while PS3/X360 were still going strong. They did the best with what they had, but the technology wasn't there yet. Long loading times, short draw-distances, and jaggies out the ass. If they did an update to the game to make it 60fps on modern consoles, I think it would help make it look newer.

My biggest complaint about the game is the RPG-lite elements that they added to the game. I understand that they were creative decisions, but man are they tedious. Having to feed your character... but don't overfeed him or he'll get fat. You walked through mud, so now you have to clean your gun or will jam and be less accurate. I wanted a more arcadey game, not a Wild West simulator. And who the fuck cares if the horse's balls contract when you're in colder climates? I sure as shit don't.
Short draw distance? Rdr2?

I think the game is famous for having long draw distance and very little pop in...

Scotty W

Gold Member
We saw the leaks, it was okay. Not UE5 Matrix levels of density. It was okay.
Dude, you are not gonna believe this water. It is gonna be super realistic, and you won’t be able stop admiring it. It’s going to have more realistic waves than Unreal could ever dream of. They won’t be able to surpass this for many years. In fact, they may never surpass this. In fact, this is such high quality water that it may even surpass real water, so that in the future, if we ever look at real water (and why would we with gta 6) we will compare it negatively with gta 6 water. Get your hype as high as as a gta tsunami, or prepare to be washed away.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Dude, you are not gonna believe this water. It is gonna be super realistic, and you won’t be able stop admiring it. It’s going to have more realistic waves than Unreal could ever dream of. They won’t be able to surpass this for many years. In fact, they may never surpass this. In fact, this is such high quality water that it may even surpass real water, so that in the future, if we ever look at real water (and why would we with gta 6) we will compare it negatively with gta 6 water. Get your hype as high as as a gta tsunami, or prepare to be washed away.

GTA VI is coming out on the XONE/PS4 so i doubt it.

Mephisto40

I will be very surprised if GTA 6 looks considerably better than GTA 5

From the leaked stuff we have seen, it looks like they are going for more content rather than higher fidelity

Last edited:

jose4gg

We all saw the matrix demo, and that it dips below 20fps when lots of stuff is happening, thats max for xsx/ps5, limit that wont be reached in actual game, coz even in fidelity mode actual game cant dip below 20fps, but gotta hold at the least mostly stable 30.
Gta6 will look good, but best case scenario will be close to the matrix demo, lets see game's actual gameplay trailer(not cinematics/in engine aka bullshot trailer, we always get those and actual gameplay looks always much worse), then we can somewhat know what to expect from final game, at least on consoles.

One positive thing is, since rumors/leaks about ps5pr0 coming holidays 2024- will be just in time for gta6, that definitely gives gta6 ps5pr0 version potential to shine.

I get what you say, but honestly, GTA V runs on a PS3 stable, I wouldn't compare optimization by UE5 to anything produced by rockstar.

Top Bottom