• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5 port also cancelled

People seriously upset about not getting a remaster for a game that doesn't need one. People rightfully bitched about GTA 5 not needing it so it should be good news that they didnt remaster RDR2 especially considering its not nearly as old or successful.

The Fartist

Gold Member
little off topic but quite interesting that many people would love to play rdr1 remake on rdr2 engine (me also) even tough its same gen game as lou1 and people are generaly bashing releasing lou1 on lou2 engine
That's not a bad point, my only counter argument would be that RDR1 looked and ran substantially worse than LOU1, at least on PS3. With that said, I can't wait to play LOU1 Part 1 and would love to see RDR1 remade on the latest Rage engine.

Lupin25

They outsourced THEIR revolutionary, beloved classics to a C-tier support studio, so we couldn’t expect for the rest of their games no longer making them a profit to get the care they deserve, either.

New age Take-Two/Rockstar has no respect for their legacy titles outside of their cash cow, GTA V/O:
The only title that’s been remastered in-house.

They probably believe RDR2 is serviceable the way it is on all platforms at this point (4K 30FPS). Which it is, but Rockstar is certainly complacent these days.

GTA Online will now become the only game to receive regular updates for the next 2 years. Rockstar literally has NO other projects lined up that they’ve announced or are working on.

That means:
• The Definitive Edition was atrociously delivered.
• GTV IV & RDR (remastered) & Bully (Remake) were canned as a result.
• RDR Online will now be abandoned.
• The Max Payne Collection is somehow still not a thing over a decade later, but allegedly planned for 2025.
• RDR2 (next-gen) now cancelled, too.

I don’t mind the focus on GTA VI, but it better be worth the wait lol… This output for the last decade has been pretty shameful.

Last edited:
If GTA6 is cross gen...

If GTA6 IS CROSS FUCKING GEN...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
If GTA6 is cross gen...

If GTA6 IS CROSS FUCKING GEN...

giphy.gif

At this point, there's virtually no chance it won't be cross-gen.

Just trying to be realistic and consider when the project would have gone into development. Take-Two would simply not cut themselves off from such a huge installed base and the resultant earning potential.

wvnative

little off topic but quite interesting that many people would love to play rdr1 remake on rdr2 engine (me also) even tough its same gen game as lou1 and people are generaly bashing releasing lou1 on lou2 engine

1: The original last of us is available on ps4 and still plays and looks good. Rdr1 is trapped on ps3

2: Naughty dog had to do this from scratch, rockstar already did half the work required to do an RDR1 remake

sncvsrtoip

1: The original last of us is available on ps4 and still plays and looks good. Rdr1 is trapped on ps3

2: Naughty dog had to do this from scratch, rockstar already did half the work required to do an RDR1 remake
1) debatable, for me looks old, its just ps3 game with upscaled res and better frames, lou2 looks miles better

Last edited:
Rockstar is slowly turning into a trash company.
Am I missing something or are people wanting RStar to remake or enhance a game over making another entry in the biggest franchise in gaming? You want remasters and remakes? there's another company who got you covered.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Am I missing something or are people wanting RStar to remake or enhance a game over making another entry in the biggest franchise in gaming? You want remasters and remakes? there's another company who got you covered.
People are wanting at the very least, a framerate unlock (for 60fps) for a game that sold over 50m units and still charts in the top 10 till this day.

Certinty

Shame. I think an upgrade would actually make me play through it all again and get me back into gaming since I lost my love for it. By far the greatest game ever made in my eyes.

Pimpbaa

I think the PS4 version needed a next gen update the most considering it's shitty and weird resolution on the PS4 Pro.

People are wanting at the very least, a framerate unlock (for 60fps) for a game that sold over 50m units and still charts in the top 10 till this day.
PC buddy, you or anyone else are not entitled to anything when it comes to a previous game release. It sold all those units because its the GOTG nothing to do with it being 30fps.

Stuart360

Gold Member
This game would greatly benefit from 60 FPS. I love it but it can be sluggish and i think 60 FPS would help that.
I honestly dont know if 60fps would help to be honest. I have played the PC version at 60fps and it felt so god damn sluggish, like you're constantly fighting with the controls. God knows how the console versions play at 30fps lol.
The contrrols, sluggishness, and over realistic style make this game a bit of a mess imo.

MadViking

Gta5 on PS5 only costed 10 euro, not 80. Also people are not hive mind, they can have different opinions.

Nigel

They have so many good internal studios, so surely they can get someone to focus on desired remasters.

skit_data

This sucks, I’ve been waiting for a remaster because I haven’t played the original.

Well, at least the original is on PS Extra so I might just as well get started.

sncvsrtoip

Gta5 on PS5 only costed 10 euro, not 80. Also people are not hive mind, they can have different opinions.
Was it on rdr2 engine with new assets ? Nope. (Tough im also not a fan of 70$ price for game that looks like ps4 lou2)

Last edited:

Star-Lord

It's funny that the majority of people on GAF complain about developers pushing out remasters and remakes, yet when one company decides to go all in on a new game rather than re-released an old one, those same people are the first to complain.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's funny that the majority of people on GAF complain about developers pushing out remasters and remakes, yet when one company decides to go all in on a new game rather than re-released an old one, those same people are the first to complain.
Tell me you didn't read the thread without telling me you didn't.

Kabelly

I honestly dont know if 60fps would help to be honest. I have played the PC version at 60fps and it felt so god damn sluggish, like you're constantly fighting with the controls. God knows how the console versions play at 30fps lol.
The contrrols, sluggishness, and over realistic style make this game a bit of a mess imo.
i consider it some of the worst, if not the worst third person controls in a modern game but fuck the visuals were the only thing keeping me pushing through the game,

Roman Empire

Gold Member
Rockstar just does what makes them the most money. It's clear the patch couldn't be sold for $60, so they ditched it. Buy Rockstar.

Top Bottom