• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 has new super advanced water physics tech claims insider

SSfox

euh-ok-euh-okay.gif

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Yeah cool I guess. Not sure it's worth waiting however the fuck long for though.

Seems like the industry is sacrificing a lot in terms of dev cycles for graphical advances with marginal impact. Especially when you consider that 90% of the time these games end up running like absolute dogshit anyway.

AAA 'priorities' LOL
No games, indie games included, are pushing game design anywhere beyond where it was in the PS360 era. So they may as well push graphics if they arent going to advance the design of the game world. We've been stuck here going on 2 decades.

Three

Pretty water to look at, this is worth talking about because?
I hope that if this is true it isn't just to make it pretty but to improve the sandbox gameplay. For example flying a helicopter with a bucket and picking up some water and dumping it somewhere. Volume based water instead of a flat undulating mesh.

anthraticus

Banned
What they should be focusing on is the freakin MISSION DESIGN and making it less railroaded and more fun for the player, allowing them to approach and handle situations in different ways, being able to use their brain and creativity....instead of just boringly having to do it exactly how the devs want you to.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I wish people weren't so obsessed with running games maxed out on PC. Games on PC should have settings that are punishing for hardware that exists when it releases. You shouldn't be able to run at Ultra settings on launch or even High on some settings. Those should be kept for a couple years down the road when there is newer hardware.

GTA VI will hit hard when it comes out especially considering it will likely have raytracing :messenger_anxious: I don't expect to able to run it maxed out at launch. I have a 4080 right now but who knows when the game will come out. Most likely we'll have 5000 cards by the time it launches. So maybe 6000 cards won't struggle with it :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Yeah I think GTA4 was the first release I remember when a sizeable number of PC gamers started complaining that a game didn't run great with everything maxed and were reluctant to reduce any settings to get it to run well.

Last edited:

amigastar

lol would not be surprised.
GTA 5 was a stepdown from 4 in every aspect. From story to physics.
I disagree, GTA 4 physics wouldn't work in GTA 5 since it would take ages to go from point A to B. Also the spectrum was bigger in GTA 5 from driving on dirt, wet surfaces to tarmac.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

I wonder if everything they say is mostly meant for pc.
So when the console version comes with a clear and evident downgrade, they'll be quick to mention pc.

Myths

This should be really good. Obviously V is an old game now, but to see how much of an improvement this would be over the current physics or system being used will be quite a sight. Add in some actual wave physics that can be surfed, OKz

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I disagree, GTA 4 physics wouldn't work in GTA 5 since it would take ages to go from point A to B. Also the spectrum was bigger in GTA 5 from driving on dirt, wet surfaces to tarmac.
but all in all driving in 5 was stiff and arcadey and 4 was realistic

nowhat

Decent, average, or even serviceable shooting mechanics in a Rockstar game, nah. But better water, sure. Sometimes (assuming this rumor is true) priorities of AAA studios are really misplaced.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

What about butt and tit physics

Hopefully won't use the same water tech for the bums, I'm not really a "giant ripping ass of destruction" kind of guy, I like em pert and tight.

Boobs wise, we're looking at some heavy R&D that must be done, theres angles to consider, floppage, flappage, its pretty complex stuff.

Guilty_AI

Like crashing cars, realistically???

PLEASE ! ! !

DOES ANYONE KNOW?
Doubt it. Realistic car crashes can mess up the kind of gameplay GTA usually aims towards.

Adding more polygons won't make their car damage physics more realistic either.

CamHostage

How much time do you really spend in the water?

...In Miami? As much time as you can.

GTA 6 is set in a Miami-style city, so I imagine there will be a lot of boat and beachfront activity, maybe also some swimming play, plus improved water is important for flight. It had better not be the focus of the game (practically nobody's favorite part of games is the "water missions",) but in this setting (and also with liquid simulation being something often explored in scientific and visual design fields,) good water makes sense for this generation of GTA,.

Top Bottom