• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Gta IV and Red dead Redemption Remakes not happening before gTA 6

Draugoth

Gold Member
1f5f3d8eca6d2992a58f08476ff76289.jpg

According to Kotaku sources, Rockstar Games has shelved all planned remakes to focus on Grand Theft Auto 6 . GTA4 and RDR remakes could still happen in the future, but not before GTA6 ships:

https://kotaku.com/gta-iv-remastered-red-dead-redemption-canceled-rockstar-1849142371

According to sources with knowledge of Rockstar’s plans and future projects, the publisher is hoping that folks will forget all about the critically panned and botched classic GTA remasters released last year while it focuses most of its resources and energy on its next big game, Grand Theft Auto 6, which Rockstar earlier this year confirmed was in development.

EDMIX

Not shocked. After what happened with the GTA trilogy stuff, after the updates it plays pretty good, but I feel regardless it should have never released in that state and they should have did the remake themselves if they saw all the issues that was going on at GroveStreet Games as I'm sure they are big enough to do that and have other projects going on.

So I'm bummed it will take longer, but I'm ok with knowing Rockstar will handle it themselves if GTA 6 needs to come first. Otherwise when it was coming would be fucking irrelevant if it was just going to be outsourced.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
GTA4 + RDR remakes wiuld likely be better because they were made with the Rage engine so they should be able to transition those games to the latest rage build and not have to remake the games in a whole new engine like the gta trilogy was.

Sounds reasonable.

Publishers look at whatever seems like the best investment.

Greater profit is more probable in the long run from investing more resources in making VI a masterpiece in many ways, which could even gross $1bn in it's first day.

They would even want the shit storm over that Trilogy remaster to die down. That one doesn't give ppl much confidence in their re-makes/masters.

Remakes can wait.

Give me VI first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
After gta6 id be ready for red dead 3 instead...

Rockstar only really have to mantain 2 ips and they take 10 years+ between them. Add remakes in the middle and well be dead before new games drop.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
All I want is for them to 'next gen' red dead 2, cant be that hard!
Shit, they haven't even patched the game (RDO) in over a year.

A company with over 1,000 employees, and a game that sold over 50 million by now... only Rockstar and Take 2 would seemingly ignore it.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Just give us a RDR2 Next Gen patch.

I'm fine with a super lazy one that does nothing more than adjust settings to better maximize the new hardware.

I've held off picking this one up because I know it will be a new sku when it happens, LOL.

Urban

I'm fine with a super lazy one that does nothing more than adjust settings to better maximize the new hardware.

I've held off picking this one up because I know it will be a new sku when it happens, LOL.
Yeah my version is still unopened because i saw it the PS4 version at a friends house and i said to myself: Naa im waiting lol.

For those disappointed with this news and have an Xbox One X or Series X then play the original RDR. It was patched with a 4k mode for the One X a couple of years ago. It's still 30fps but it looks absolutely phenomenal for a 360 era game!

R6Rider

Gold Member
For those disappointed with this news and have an Xbox One X or Series X then play the original RDR. It was patched with a 4k mode for the One X a couple of years ago. It's still 30fps but it looks absolutely phenomenal for a 360 era game!
Yeah, I recently bought it again on my Series X for this reason. Grabbed the Undead Nightmare DLC/Expansion too.

Top Bottom