• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5 port also cancelled

Termite

I'm out of the loop - how does the Xbox One version play on XSX? I'm guessing it was optimized for the One X, no?

I assume it's locked to 30fps but what does it render at?

Marvel14

Banned
Rockstar going all-in on GTA6 putting every other project on hold. After rumored cancellations of GTA4 and RDR remasters, RDR2 PS5 allegedly also bites the dust while Rockstar moves all its resources to its next open-world crime epic.

It's boring and tedious anyway so I'm ok with this.

Droxcy

I figured this would happen glad I played it on PC also smart they're all hands on deck for GTA. You know once they have the release date announced they want to hit it and not push the game another year out like GTA V. Whatever makes that happen do it.

Last edited:

soulbait

St. Denis at night looks amazing, but sadly the game still feels rough to play even at higher framerates. People expecting it to feel better all of a sudden are in for a massive disappointment. And I say this as someone who considered this game the best game of the generation.

Yeah, people continue on about the framerate making the game feel sluggish, but it seems to be the animations that they use are sluggish. They went for realism through and through, so the animations to get on and off the horse, to walk around, and such are just slow. 60fps+ would help some, but it will still be slow due to the animations in use.

Tommi84

Just the PS5 version? Still coming to Xbox Series X|S?

Following reports from multiple reliable sources that Rockstar Games has canned Red Dead Redemption 1 and GTA 4 remasters, another report has emerged claiming that the developer also cancelled plans for Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5 and Xbox Series X/S ports.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Only Take2/R* would shun a game that sold close to, or more than 50+ million copies.

Not even so much a 60fps patch for the PS5/XSX.

Pc master race continues to rule
Except for the fact the last update created so many bugs on the PC, that they have not patched in OVER A YEAR. So the PC version won't be looked at by them to fix either.

Last edited:

wvnative

I've rarely seen a developer of this magnitude shit on it's fan on this scale. Disgusting. Even if your done with RDO, you would make absolute bank on a single player PS5 up rez.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
lol I will never understand gamers. You want them to spend time on remasters instead of new games? Especially when this new game has already taken 9 years and is nowhere near release?
You know, you always speak as if you're not yourself, a gamer.

It now makes perfect sense why you spend most of your time here, whining and crying about games, writing contrarian thesis posts.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

This is like watching a train wreck in super slow motion....GTA6 better be the 2nd coming of videogames or this company is done.

Rockstar used to be one of my favorite devs, if not my favorite, every year I’d look forward to a new game from them. They’re so shit now, fuck em.

Rival

Gold Member
I’ve been holding off on continuing this game forever now because I want to play at 60fps as I have it on Xbox and was hoping for a patch for my series X. I’d just buy it on PC because I have a more than capable PC with a 3080ti but I can’t justify it.

nocsi

I’m surprised nobody can read between the lines. If a company is going “all hands on deck” on one project and pulling every resource possible - that’s not a good sign. It’s looking like there’s some sort of disaster in GTA6’s development. Clearly the company is reacting to something

Jaybe

Gold Member
I bought the RDR2 PS4 Pro bundle. Played it, loved it, sold it. I’d buy it again for my XSX if they released a 60fps patch. I won’t bother with it if they don’t release one.

Freeman76

These rumours are rarely true, rockstar do whatever the fuck they like and are so tight lipped about it that leaks are 99% of the time just flat out wrong

assurdum

Banned
Whelp. with this knowledge I guess I can safely pick up the One X version of RDR2. At least it runs at 4K/30 FPS there.

Does running the PS4 version on PS5 at 1080p fix the shitty checker board rendering issue from the PS4 Pro version like you can do on that console ?
Why you even care about the state of the ps4 pro when surely xbox version would have been your first choice in any case?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Please Understand™

Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

Why you even care about the state of the ps4 pro when surely xbox version would have been your first choice in any case?

Because I own a PS4 Pro and RDR2 on it ?

You, my friend, need to take a break from things, you've got a knack for looking for things that aren't there. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

Because I own a PS4 Pro and RDR2 on it ?

You, my friend, need to take a break from things, you've got a knack for looking for things that aren't there. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
So you own rdr2 on ps4 pro and you have to ask to the others in what state run on ps4 pro
academy awards perfection GIF by E!

Last edited:
From one of the most respected and top-tier game dev studios R* has become just another soulless corporate entity that won't lift a finger to reward loyal consumers unless they can make a quick buck off it. A 4k/60fps patch would take probably 20-40 of their staff less than a month to complete.

adamsapple

I reread. Why you don't checked with your own eyes indeed to ask if you have it.

I'm going to assume English is not your first language (hey, it's not mine either .. but here we are).

This is the post:

Does running the PS4 version on PS5 at 1080p fix the shitty checker board rendering issue from the PS4 Pro version like you can do on that console ?

I am asking people who own it on PS5 if running that console at 1080p fixes the shitty CB rendering the game has to run a native and sharper 1080p picture, or does the PS5 super sample the version regardless of what resolution you set the system at and thus still have the shitty CB rendering the game shipped with.

Please don't quote me again, you're acting like a moron.

Roni

Gold Member
A publisher with tens of billions in the bank, dev teams across the globe and hundreds of employees doesn't have the resources to do a simple fucking port while developing a single game?
Incompetent people in leadership positions are slowly but surely going to realize money and IP are nothing without the craftsmen that put it all together, before that happens though, they'll have a crack at AI doing it for them too if they can.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A publisher with tens of billions in the bank, dev teams across the globe and hundreds of employees doesn't have the resources to do a simple fucking port while developing a single game?
This is the same Take2/R* that had the Grove Street shit for their "definitive edition."

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
That bodes well for the scope and scale of GTA6. People are underestimating how massive the game will be

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Pc master race continues to rule
Except we're not getting an RDR remaster (which I'd much prefer over emulating), or an improved GTA4 port :lollipop_crying:
At least we can bruteforce GTA4 into behaving now. At least we got emulation.

assurdum

Banned
I'm going to assume English is not your first language (hey, it's not mine either .. but here we are).

This is the post:

I am asking people who own it on PS5 if running that console at 1080p fixes the shitty CB rendering the game has to run a native and sharper 1080p picture, or does the PS5 super sample the version regardless of what resolution you set the system at and thus still have the shitty CB rendering the game shipped with.

Please don't quote me again, you're acting like a moron.
I'm not me the moron here dude. Go to check your tone in your replies Mr Strawman. Every time I point out your "ambiguous" attitude in your posts playstation relative, you suddenly start to insult personally; I'm asking why are you so defensiveness if there is nothing of wrong in your replies? Oh look the lol gif. It's surely the typical attitude about who has a deep argumentation.

Last edited:

RobRSG

I'm out of the loop - how does the Xbox One version play on XSX? I'm guessing it was optimized for the One X, no?

I assume it's locked to 30fps but what does it render at?
On Xbox One X it is Native 4K.

The PS4 Pro version has a beyond fucked up Checkerboarding solution though.

adamsapple

On Xbox One X it is Native 4K.

The PS4 Pro version has a beyond fucked up Checkerboarding solution though.

Yeah it actually looks sharper if you put your system to 1080p, it also introduces a TAA sharpness toggle in the game settings if you run the PS4 Pro version at 1080p, but removes it when you're running CB 2160p, which makes no sense at all. The biggest issue is how soft and smeary the CB rendering looks, a sharpness toggle would have worked better there.

I played it in 1080p last time I played it and

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

Gold Member
I genuinely don’t understand why huge companies like R* don’t set a small team away for a month or so to get a next gen version up and running.

Given that modern systems are so similar in terms of core architecture these past few generations, isn’t it simply a case of pushing the sliders until the engine cripples and adjusting from there?

I’m far from an expert in the field of game design, but this seems like easy money left on the table. Especially given how well the GTA5 port did.

Baffling…

DaGwaphics

Dog Gif GIF

How much effort does it take to at least do a BC patch and up the resolutions/frame-rate. 🤷‍♂️

You'd think they would look at these patches as a way to ensure the best possible sales on these legacy titles on console. No need to do anything but adjust the settings to use the hardware as best as it can.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Yeah it actually looks sharper if you put your system to 1080p, it also introduces a TAA sharpness toggle in the game settings if you run the PS4 Pro version at 1080p, but removes it when you're running CB 2160p, which makes no sense at all. The biggest issue is how soft and smeary the CB rendering looks, a sharpness toggle would have worked better there.

I played it in 1080p last time I played it and
4k cbr in RDR2 couldn't be the best seen but it doesn't seem absolutely sharper at 1080p in a 4k big screen. Maybe in a 1080p tv. Furthermore any 4k tv have excellent sharpening filter and it help immensely in game like this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom