• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within and More Bethesda Games Coming To Game Pass

Stuart360

Gold Member
Sony has a subscription rental service. And these games have long been available there.

49465672166_4503929269_o.jpg

ps-now-may-drop-campaign-art_en_US-v2.jpg

49960175327_f62d827ef8_k.jpg

46539787432_9007f813fe_h.jpg
I see you are living up to your custom tag.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
  • The Evil Within
  • The Evil Within 2
  • DOOM 3 BFG Edition
  • Dishonored: Definitive Edition
  • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Not a bad start. Although I own both EW on Ps4.
I've never played an Evil Within game, probably cause I'm too much of a pansy. The only horror games I've played are Resident Evil 5 (arguably the least scary of the franchise) and Silent Hill 2...apparently I grew a pair back then.

Maybe it time to grow a second pair. That's right....4.

I see you are living up to your custom tag.
By correcting misinformation in the thread?

I'm not advertising PS Now. I'm currently subscribed to PS Now and GamePass - both from crazy, limited-time offers and I don’t personally recommend either, with PS Now being the weaker of the two.

Mmnow

It's only PS3 games (that didn't get a PS4 version) that are streaming only. Games before and after are all available to download.
Not sure what point you're making. Of this list, a few would be streamed on Now but native on Gamepass.

The original Dishonored is streamed on PS Now, even though there's a native version. It'll be better on Gamepass, even with all else being equal (which it won't be).

Concern

I've never played an Evil Within game, probably cause I'm too much of a pansy. The only horror games I've played are Resident Evil 5 (arguably the least scary of the franchise) and Silent Hill 2...apparently I grew a pair back then.

Maybe it time to grow a second pair. That's right....4.

I loved both, actually may do a run through on both again just for fun and to check out the upgrades if any.

My sister and brother in law are like that. I literally played RE7 completely through SharePlay just for them lol.

By correcting misinformation in the thread?

I'm not advertising PS Now. I'm currently subscribed to PS Now and GamePass - both from crazy, limited-time offers and I don’t personally recommend either, with PS Now being the weaker of the two.

How can you not recommend gamepass? Even at full price, which I feel like nobody ever has to do, it still isn't bad value.

Man, I played the majority of the demo but just wasn't feeling the stealth aspect. It seemed like there's a way bigger focus on stealth and I just wasn't feeling it.

Please tell me if I'm wrong because I would like to see it through if it gets better. The liked the first game, definitely has it's issues but a fun experience nonetheless.
The first EW has chapters, and the chapters differ gameplay wise. Some are more action packed than others. I'd definitely recommend it as a whole though!

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
  • The Evil Within
  • The Evil Within 2
  • DOOM 3 BFG Edition

Great deal for Game Pass members if they don't have them, all are awesome games. Since Bethesda Softworks is my favorite publisher I already own all of them and pretty much everything else they've ever made.

Dr Bass

Sony absolutely would make money this way, but it's next to impossible to get people to understand the notion of making more for charging less.

From the perspective of a Sony exec, especially an older Sony exec, why should they give away their games when their games already sell well enough to be successful?

Once Gamepass really starts to prove itself, Sony will start to transition, if they haven't already. They just need to see someone else be the Guinea pig first. How that delay will impact sales will be really interesting.

You're right. Sony doesn't have accountants and business people on staff who understand these things or have possibly crunched the numbers themselves. I think you should apply so you can explain it to them.

Interfectum

You're right. Sony doesn't have accountants and business people on staff who understand these things or have possibly crunched the numbers themselves. I think you should apply so you can explain it to them.
He actually is right. Sony knows there's money to be made but are letting their competitor blaze the trail for them.

Also, companies can still make egregious errors or be stubborn with old business models despite having accountants and 'business people' on staff.

If Sony could make money this way, they would already be doing it.
They have been selling these games on their own rental service for 4 years. PS Now has had Oblivion and Dishonored since 2017.

As far as it "being better" on Xbox to play older games, sure, for the time being, but you might as well totally ditch consoles if that is your goal. PC gamers have been playing these games at max specs for years.

Not disputing that Gamepass is a good value but let's be honest you are excited to pay money to play 10 year old gamess.

Last edited:

Mmnow

Right, because corporate structure is famously casual and means accountants and "business people" are in an ideal place to change up the entire sales structure.

And no company has ever made a mistake or been overly cautious, because they have "business people" on hand.

Ffs. You guys get so defensive about the most ridiculous things.

j0hnnix

Doom 3 BFG has changed that were made after the first Doom 3 in 2004 or is it some DLC? I cant remember that far back.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
  • The Evil Within
  • The Evil Within 2
  • DOOM 3 BFG Edition

Own already
Own already
Played and finished but no longer own
Not interested.

Game Pass has no games, for me at least. Great for people who have never owned a 360 upwards.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Oblivion was X enhanced. I don't remember exactly what they changed, but presumably 4k/better textures.

Its a res boost, maxing the frame rate to 30, and AF.

That's the typical changes, some games can force higher LOD values, Textures, and things like Shadow presets. The original Assassins creed is probably the best example.

Morrowind and Oblivion, but no Skyrim? Must have another paid re-release planned. Skyrim: Next Gen Edition, now in 4k (but with 1k textures) and stuttery-smooth 60fps.

Edit: Or, it's already there? Derp.

Last edited:

smbu2000

Doom 3 BFG has changed that were made after the first Doom 3 in 2004 or is it some DLC? I cant remember that far back.
I believe there are changes like being able to use your gun while still having your flashlight out unlike the original. Some others as well, I believe, but I don’t remember what. I saw an LGR video about it not too long ago.

Top Bottom