• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timdog: Call of Duty Games may not be coming to Game Pass. Microsoft likely going full digital with ads on Game Pass.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The best deal in gaming

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

Laptop1991

Well hopefully this will change Phil's mind about making great games as you need gamers to actually buy them now with money instead of getting them for nothing if your already a GP subscriber, the games should improve, as i haven't bought any of the so called big releases for my PC, they arn't good enough for 70 quid imo.

Last edited:

Skifi28

I still find it bizzare, funny and very strange that grown up people are "fans" of any of these brands.
Enjoy the games, guys! Not the platforms.
Usually we don't find it strange when people are fans of sports teams, which are in fact just million dollar companies in disguise. At least on a hardware platform one has tons of their own money invested so I can understand feeling a healthy attachment to it. Obviously not talking about those that take it too far.

Last edited:
Waiting for Colin Moriarty to start his I told you so tour. I remember him must be two years ago on several podcasts talking about how Game Pass will not be able to support multi million dollar game projects and MS were hiding true profits (or lack of) of Game Pass.
Sony, internally(through leaks), have always believed Game Pass was unsustainable. Hell, even Microsoft leaks last year from 2020 showed that Microsoft needed to hit 100 million GP subscribers by 2027 for it to be viable. People ignored the clear writing on the wall with GP subscribers stalling in recent years. As if Microsoft would just eat the losses because they are a 3 trillion dollar company

Kenpachii

- XBOX consoles are dead because they have no noteworthy IP's to push it.
- Year after year we hear about games that are simple just not getting out or not what people expect them to be. hellblade 2 for example, the first one was god awful, 8 hours, digital only and how long in the make? its just dissapointing on every level.
- Everything is driving by profits, there games have no soul or simple reason to exist other then wanting to grow instead of making something that gamers care for. ( chasing trends and to late the party )
- Dev times take way to long over there and there seem to be no focus at all, on releasing steady amount of games.
- Buying failing game company's that haven't produced anything good in a decade+ isn't helping either. And they probably can't function as XBOX only solution because the company's will die within a year.
- Gamepass is nice on paper, but the reality is most people probably buy games on heavy discounts or when they are cheap anyway which makes gamepass not that useful, also games are not movies and take a long time to complete which makes gamepass value even less interesting even if it has a lot of games on it
- Most games on pc are services that keep on trucking over time, gamepass model isn't well suited for this.
- Microsoft missed a chance with the xbox series, to attack PC and basically provide a solution that's a console + windows PC with there xbox consoles. This would be a ultra cheap pc that plays all next gen games.
- after all the leaks even the die hard fans of xbox aren't so confident in there leadership that seem to shifting tones every single day whenever they feel like it.
- Recent firing showcases microsoft cares about nothing but profit and in general it gives off bad stigma towards gamers and devs in general to support such practises specially when there is competition and other ways to play.
- Gamepass would be a good addition towards gamers to get rid of subscription services from blizzard and get call of duty on it, but i doubt they going to do that because of profits loss.
- gamepass on playstation and nintendo could happen but the costs will probably be so high its probably not going to be sustainable.
- phil being caught endlessly lying is also not a good stigma for the company and its at this point probably better to replace him with somebody that is going to have a 10+ year plan.

Mephisto40

It really isnt a surprise that they are reluctant to release call of duty on gamepass, why would they want to cut out that $70 asking price when people would still pay it

And LOL at adverts, that'll great won't it, seeing a 60 second add every time you finish a match, just what everyone wanted

Last edited:

Hydroxy

I don't speak for everyone ofcourse but gamepass is more important now than ever before. Without gamepass, people would not just switch to buying full priced games, they would sail the high seas on PC. Most aaa games are released in broken and buggy state, why would anyone want to spend full price on it? Gamepass is hugely necessary and amazing for gamers, maybe it isn't for Microsoft who knows but they did say Gamepass is profitable.

Robb

Gold Member
That’d kind of kill the service for me. The only reason I keep a subscription is because I get all their first party stuff day and date. If that becomes an uncertainty the service is no longer anywhere near as valuable to me.

Krieger

My question is: how does Microsoft sunset Gamepass? Or are they too dug in with it?
A massive price increase, so massive that 95% of gamepass users can't afford it any longer. I'm talking about a high 3 digit sum for a 1 year subscription.
And the "positive spin" doctrine given by Microsoft to their bootlickers, so that they can spread it, will be: "This will cost you less than buying 1 AAA per month, and you will get much more than just 1 AAA game with this. Gamepass is still worth it even if it now costs $800 for 1 year."
Finally, when 95% of the gamepass users are gone, Microsoft will stop gamepass altogether.

Elios83

*IF* true it would mean that internally they don’t believe in Gamepass as sustainable long term anymore, which is a total disaster given how much they invested on it.
It would mean that their new strategy is indeed becoming a leading third party publisher which to be honest makes a lot of sense in their position given the amount of studios they own but basically their console fanbase has been trashed and put under a bus...

dem

The only way forward for Xbox is COD on gamepass..

I also understand the execs at MS freaking out at potentially devaluing COD by putting it there.

I will say.. it’s pretty shocking Xbox didn’t even get a chance to flex COD with a bundle or something before throwing up the white flag. 🏳️

In the end.. what did MS think was gonna happen when they launched a console with zero software support? As much as I’m happy to just sign up for gamepass and play… people want something new to show off. Also.. have they heard of fucking advertising?

The silence from Phil and co is deafening..

Last edited:

DragonNCM

Regarding the $350 hardware- I never saw any marketing around it in Canada. I only knew through Reddit. Was there any advertising in the US?
Ofc sales are shit around the world on Xbox consoles......because that 350$ deal's are only for US. In Europe prices are 550 euro and Sony PS5 (new revision is 500e).
MS financial division needs to be fired before firing all poor developers in gaming division.....fucking monkeys.

Nobody should be shocked MS fucked this up. Huge company that prioritizes subscriptions like most of their products and started the whole pay to play on your own internet model.

Isn’t timdog the twitter warrior some here are always posting tweets from to laugh at how full of shit and cringe he is? Now he is credible? Am I confusing him with someone else?

Why is his camera off 😆

DJ12

Ofc sales are shit around the world on Xbox consoles......because that 350$ deal's are only for US. In Europe prices are 550 euro and Sony PS5 (new revision is 500e).
MS financial division needs to be fired before firing all poor developers in gaming division.....fucking monkeys.
Not true, Series X was discounted across Europe.

Even in the uk, saw stacks of them unsold in costco as the £349 offer drew to a close

diffusionx

Gold Member
In the end.. what did MS think was gonna happen when they launched a console with zero software support? As much as I’m happy to just sign up for gamepass and play… people want something new to show off. Also.. have they heard of fucking advertising?
Well, that wasn't the plan, as they gave 343 a blank check to make a great Halo game, and they fucked it up so bad that the Xbox Series did end up launching with nothing. It's interesting to think how this gen could have gone if Infinite was a really awesome game.

WitchHunter

Banned
Waiting for Colin Moriarty to start his I told you so tour. I remember him must be two years ago on several podcasts talking about how Game Pass will not be able to support multi million dollar game projects and MS were hiding true profits (or lack of) of Game Pass.
Anyone with a semblance of IQ knows that GamePass is not sustainable. But GamePass is a WMD, it they pour enough money into it, they could fuck up the balance big time.

Porticus

I don't speak for everyone ofcourse but gamepass is more important now than ever before. Without gamepass, people would not just switch to buying full priced games, they would sail the high seas on PC. Most aaa games are released in broken and buggy state, why would anyone want to spend full price on it? Gamepass is hugely necessary and amazing for gamers, maybe it isn't for Microsoft who knows but they did say Gamepass is profitable.

Are you trolling dude?

Is a cancer for this industry, good riddance.

Top Bottom