• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within and More Bethesda Games Coming To Game Pass

Kagey K

Banned
It's 4$ for a Steam version and the DLC is even less. It's not historical low, it's even cheaper usually. You guys don't know the price of games or what?

What about the cost of the other 375 games? The value of Gamepass doesn’t come from just 1 game.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
What about the cost of the other 375 games? The value of Gamepass doesn’t come from just 1 game.
You're not going to play all of them. Maybe 2 or 3 per month, if that. The way people cream their pants when it's on GP, it's obvious they don't know the actual price of games. These old vanilla games are worth pennies and yet they are screaming everywhere "FINALLY I can play them!! Value!!" with a screenshot of their GP library. Really? That's not a normal reaction.

The GP enthusiasts keep pushing the narrative that "all games are 60$" or "for the price of 2 games you can play 300". You don't fool me.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You're not going to play all of them. Maybe 2 or 3 per month, if that. The way people cream their pants when it's on GP, it's obvious they don't know the actual price of games. These old vanilla games are worth pennies and yet they are screaming everywhere "FINALLY I can play them!! Value!!" with a screenshot of their GP library. Really? That's not a normal reaction.

The GP enthusiasts keep pushing the narrative that "all games are 60$" or "for the price of 2 games you can play 300". You don't fool me.
And most people have Netflix, no AAA movies come out for it day one and most movies could be bought for $5-15.

Nobody is ever going to watch 100,000 movies and TV shows either. And its streamed.

So explain to everyone why NF is bad.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
As for people sour GP is getting a slew of Bethesda games..... lol. Who cares if it's bargain bin on PC.

"Great news. A couple movies are going to join Netflix tomorrow. I'll watch them on the weekend"

"But it's on Amazon for $10"

lol. That sure makes sense.
Not the same. It's like cheering because you're getting half the movie in 720p when the complete edition in 4k is right there for 4$. I'm just letting them know they can get a better version elsewhere with DLC, mods, less bugs, full of graphical options and playable on any toaster. Makes total sense to me. Why are you against it exactly? Better keep them in the dark?

No one is sour about these old gimped versions. Stop being so defensive.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not the same. It's like cheering because you're getting half the movie in 720p when the complete edition in 4k is right there for 4$. I'm just letting them know they can get a better version elsewhere with DLC, mods, less bugs, full of graphical options and playable on any toaster. Makes total sense to me. Why are you against it exactly? Better keep them in the dark?

No one is sour about these old gimped versions. Stop being so defensive.
GP and buying's biggest difference is DLC, not fidelity or core content. As I said, it' similar to commentary tracks or deleted scenes. Most people don't care for those.

As for being defensive, the same can be said for you.

Why not let people play GP with new games being added without caring about spending more money on the same game but has DLC added to it?

GamingKaiju

It's 4$ for a Steam version and the DLC is even less. It's not historical low, it's even cheaper usually. You guys don't know the price of games or what?

Because I don't want to pay $4 when it's provided on a service that I actively use and get good value out of on XB and PC ???

Hezekiah

Banned
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF

Gamepass keeps winning, best value in gaming hands down, just need Jim Ryan to pull his finger out his stinking arse and get a revamp going for PS Now.
Saw this elsewhere:
Right now Oblivion, ES Online, Doom 2016, Fallout 3, 4 and New Vegas, Wolfenstein 1, 2 and Old Blood, Dishonored 1 and 2, Prey, Evil Within 1 and 2 and Rage 1 and 2 are all on PS Now.

I dont have PS Now but seems like most are covered.

Hezekiah

Banned
I've been a subscriber for years and I already paid for it until the end of the year. Sorry if I don't follow the cultist behavior about GP here and I don't see value in getting these old games. I own multiple versions by now.

I'm surprised you are all celebrating the MS deal but you never actually played these games? Bethesda games are on sale every other week at 85% off, even Rage 2 was free last week on Epic.
It's the Netflix model (I like and have Netflix btw). Pad out your offering as much as possible, including licensing older content to make the library look more impressive even if only on a superficial level.

Downloaded Fallout 4 last night.
I bought and played close to 70 hours on PC when it was first released. Never finished it.

Does Doom 3 have the mod that tapes the flashflight onto your gun so you can have both flashlight and gun at the same time?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Downloaded Fallout 4 last night.
I bought and played close to 70 hours on PC when it was first released. Never finished it.

Does Doom 3 have the mod that tapes the flashflight onto your gun so you can have both flashlight and gun at the same time?
Yes

raduque

Oh, cool. I can finally play Youngblood without laying out any money for that crap.

Kinda pissed about Doom Eternal though, I paid full price for it.

Last edited:

M1chl

Oh, cool. I can finally play Youngblood without laying out any money for that crap.

Kinda pissed about Doom Eternal though, I paid full price for it.
I bought the Ultimate edition and the first DLC is impossible with controller. So many rages I had and then I bought it on PC and with mouse it was manageable.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Saw this elsewhere:
Right now Oblivion, ES Online, Doom 2016, Fallout 3, 4 and New Vegas, Wolfenstein 1, 2 and Old Blood, Dishonored 1 and 2, Prey, Evil Within 1 and 2 and Rage 1 and 2 are all on PS Now.

I dont have PS Now but seems like most are covered.
Fallout 4 is also a giveaway in the PS plus collection.

MDSLKTR

I bought the Ultimate edition and the first DLC is impossible with controller. So many rages I had and then I bought it on PC and with mouse it was manageable.
The paddles on the Elite controller are key for this one you're willing (y) the best part is you'll acquire a competitive advantage when you play any other fps.

raduque

I haven't even completed the base game, and I'm probably not going to bother with the DLCs. There's just too much for me to manage. I think it's the cool downs because I always hit the wrong ability at the wrong time. Oh, and I *hate* the Marauders.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Just tried 2 yesterday, didn't like that it wasn't 60fps.. let's wait for Dem updates
If you liked what you played, give a chance to first one, the plot is not exactly shakespeare but it's pretty connected. (also the first one has a better atmosphere)

too bad they forgot to put the DLCs in the gamepass.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Played Fallout 4 ages ago, tried it again with the 60 FPS mod and a couple of other mods and it’s like a different game entirely. It’s great that all those get added to the catalog as plenty of people will have a chance to play Prey or Dishonored which are masterpieces imo.

Rob_27

What resolution is The Evil Within? They must be using some weird funky effects

Playing on series x and I'm not sure I can play it. It needs that 4 x res boost.

M1chl

I haven't even completed the base game, and I'm probably not going to bother with the DLCs. There's just too much for me to manage. I think it's the cool downs because I always hit the wrong ability at the wrong time. Oh, and I *hate* the Marauders.
Those are easy, hard are those Toxic "pigs" I don't know the name. Those fatasses with huge guns which spawns circle around them which kills you in second.

ecentre

Oh, there you have some games to play on your Xboxes. Who said there is no games on the XsX? Enjoy fellow gamers.

reksveks

So it seems like we have some games with fps boost now

The games that will see performance boosts with frame rate jumps up to 60 frames per second include Arkane Studios’ Dishonored: Definitive Edition and Prey and Bethesda Game Studios’ The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, Fallout 4, and Fallout 76.

Last edited:
Top Bottom