• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within and More Bethesda Games Coming To Game Pass

Little Chicken

Gold Member
What I want is Steam to Xbox save syncing. It would truly take the PC+Xbox combo to new hights.

How this isn't a standard across all platforms by now is annoying, there are plenty of console games I would've double dipped for on Switch and PC, but without save sync/cross saves it's just a waste of time.

Fredrik

How this isn't a standard across all platforms by now is annoying, there are plenty of console games I would've double dipped for on Switch and PC, but without save sync/cross saves it's just a waste of time.
Agreed!

And it really can’t be a technical issue, it’s just small data files and they have cloud saves anyway so they could just use the cloud the share the files among platforms. At least PC and Xbox should have it, it’s probably the same file system and all, I know I can use files on PC directly in Retroarch XSX.

CuNi

Gold Member
Agreed!

And it really can’t be a technical issue, it’s just small data files and they have cloud saves anyway so they could just use the cloud the share the files among platforms. At least PC and Xbox should have it, it’s probably the same file system and all, I know I can use files on PC directly in Retroarch XSX.

AFAIK, the issue mostly stems from the fact that you can rapidly deploy Patches and Updates on PC, where it takes way longer on Consoles.
So you either hold PC back to be always on parity with Console, or you allow Consoles to PC but not backwards whenever PC is ahead of consoles.

Fredrik

AFAIK, the issue mostly stems from the fact that you can rapidly deploy Patches and Updates on PC, where it takes way longer on Consoles.
So you either hold PC back to be always on parity with Console, or you allow Consoles to PC but not backwards whenever PC is ahead of consoles.
It works on the Windows Store versions so I don’t see that as a problem. Maybe MS simply want to keep it an advantage to sell the Windows Store version or lure people into Gamepass?
isn’t this already working quite well for gamepass pc <-> gamepass Xbox games?
It works great for Windows Store versions with Play Anywhere functionality but regular Steam and Xbox versions are not dancing well. Haven’t tried any new games though. Has anything changed?

matty3092

The Wolfenstein and Dishonored games are on Now, although they're getting next-gen patches so will be better on Xbox (presuming the age rating is correct and the patch doesn't make the jump to Playstation).

Anything older than PS4 is going to be better on Gamepass by default, because it won't be streamed.
Wait is this confirmed that they're getting series x patches?

Mmnow

Wait is this confirmed that they're getting series x patches?
Collections for Wolfenstein, Prey and Dishonored were rated by the ESRB last October or so, exclusively for Series X/S.

Presuming that's not some weird glitch, it wouldn't bowl me over if they were announced or even shadow dropped shortly. But no official announcement as of yet.

Edit: Still no PS5 version.

Last edited:

Mmnow

Why would they ignore the PS versions of these existing games?
Maybe it's just the collection that's Xbox exclusive.

But, come on, I know it's new, but Microsoft spent a lot of money on Bethesda. Your default thought should be re-releases - and this is what this is - will be exclusive. Be surprised if it's not.

LMJ

To answer these questions...

Collections for Wolfenstein, Prey and Dishonored were rated by the ESRB last October or so, exclusively for Series X/S.

Presuming that's not some weird glitch, it wouldn't bowl me over if they were announced or even shadow dropped shortly. But no official announcement as of yet.

Edit: Still no PS5 version.

Why would they ignore the PS versions of these existing games?

It's the same reason Overwatch and Rocket league are skipping the PS5, also the reason that the XseX is blowing past the PS5 in BC games, it's how it's done...

The Box's use a simple patch system to update a game to "new standards' the PSV on the other hand requires the system go into a PSPro like state where framerate can be unlocked, but actually doing a full update would require an actual new release...

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/03/overwatch_skips_ps5_with_new_next-gen_upgrades

Do to this and limited resources, people etc, the PS5 version is a hassle while the Box version is simple...

this is why almost every PS5 enhanced game looks marginally better, because the bulk of the time they are simply using Pro assets...

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
To answer these questions...

It's the same reason Overwatch and Rocket league are skipping the PS5, also the reason that the XseX is blowing past the PS5 in BC games, it's how it's done...

The Box's use a simple patch system to update a game to "new standards' the PSV on the other hand requires the system go into a PSPro like state where framerate can be unlocked, but actually doing a full update would require an actual new release...

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/03/overwatch_skips_ps5_with_new_next-gen_upgrades

Do to this and limited resources, people etc, the PS5 version is a hassle while the Box version is simple...

this is why almost every PS5 enhanced game looks marginally better, because the bulk of the time they are simply using Pro assets...

That's only the case with 120fps modes that are currently skipped. It's on Sony to update the current SDK for this types of enchancements. Other enchancements can be done. Aren't these games like Rocket league, Overwatch and Warzone still running in BC on the XSX? The are also not fully next-gen version.

Kev Kev

tumblr_m4gckuVnYi1r0eo86o1_500.jpg

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Xbox gamers should be excited, Evil Within is considered a winner in horror circles (legitimate plot, feisty enemies etc.) and it only takes 12 hours to complete.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Going to try morrowind again. Uncapped frame rates in that game might work really well on the series s / x

Top Bottom