• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetris is a flawless masterpiece.. It's just so good

Timeless in it's execution.. Ageless in it's design..
Dabbled into the heartwarming magic of most of its variants: Dr. Mario, DX, DS, 64, 99, Effect VR & others. Observing the progression of Tetris through these gems is something wonderful. Countless hours of joy throughout my gaming life from playing 'em.
Possibly the only formula I'd rank as 100% perfect. Speaks to the timeless power that folks of all ages boot up to experience it's magic & pay homage to the brilliance.
Love it. Hate it. Think whatever you want. But you can't deny the absolute perfection. The iconic, colourful template. The grand industry impact. Simplistic yet so genius..
Who knew arranging & matching falling bricks would be so enjoyable?
Lo83kRm.jpg

Ol44syQ.jpg

gsGWiFp.jpg

9m8Og1x.png

xCRuytF.jpg

4WU7dyk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Should be everyone's answer to "what is a perfect video game?"

That or Doom.

Rhazkul

I hate that there is no good Tetris game on smartphones. I don't play a lot phone games simply because of the awful quality, MTX and other crap - there's one big title with an official Tetris license and it's just your typical ad-ridden cashgrab. Sad to see. Would love to game a few minutes here and there simply because how great Tetris is. The only mobile Tetris game i played regularly years ago was called Tetris Blitz (by EA lmao) but i guess they lost their license. It wasn't great too but better than the crap they now have on the Play Store.

Last edited:

thefool

I was always kinda shit on it (and impatient), so it never clicked on me. But its definitely timeless.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I still think Lumines is my favorite puzzle game ever. Although Tetris Effect does adopt the Lumines style and aesthetic, I still love Lumines.

Top Bottom