• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

I forgot to post this sweetclyde...

2r6fu68.jpg

Javaman

Jeo said:
So what happened to the Gaf server?
I finally get around to playing and it's gone =(

Sure enough, a stealth update came out. Nothing interesting, just server side stuff...

Updating 'Team Fortress 2 Content' from version 162 to version 163

10.72% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.dll
27.55% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.dylib
56.11% downloading ./orangebox/tf/bin/server.so
67.71% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_dustbowl.ain
67.71% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_granary.ain
67.71% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_gravelpit.ain
67.71% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/cp_well.ain
67.71% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/ctf_2fort.ain
67.71% downloading ./orangebox/tf/maps/graphs/tc_hydro.ain

Checking/Installing 'Team Fortress 2 Materials' version 67

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Materials' version 8

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Models' version 4

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Sounds' version 4

Updating 'OB Linux Dedicated Server' from version 52 to version 54

68.57% downloading ./orangebox/bin/datacache.so
69.64% downloading ./orangebox/bin/dedicated.so
75.22% downloading ./orangebox/bin/engine.so
75.41% downloading ./orangebox/bin/libsteam_api.so
75.90% downloading ./orangebox/bin/libtier0.so
76.40% downloading ./orangebox/bin/libtier0_s.so
76.76% downloading ./orangebox/bin/libvstdlib.so
77.30% downloading ./orangebox/bin/libvstdlib_s.so
79.82% downloading ./orangebox/bin/materialsystem.so
95.28% downloading ./orangebox/bin/steamclient.so
96.62% downloading ./orangebox/bin/studiorender.so
100.00% downloading ./orangebox/bin/vphysics.so
It's back up now.

Inkwell

Banned
It appears my issues with choppiness were from d3doverrider. I'll have to figure out why that is, but at least I've found the problem.

Twig

Banned
AcciDante said:
I killed your spy so many times tonight, Twig :D There was a whole round where your pyro disguise had my name.
i think you were the only pyro or something and i have a bad habit of hitting 4-3 for disguise for some reason when i'm out of practice

i didn't do too bad for not having played for, what is it, a couple months now?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Anyone ever run into the problem where you'll die but never get the killcam/countdown to respawn? After awhile of just sitting around I just disconnected. :\

Blizzard

Banned
fallengorn said:
Anyone ever run into the problem where you'll die but never get the killcam/countdown to respawn? After awhile of just sitting around I just disconnected. :\
Typing "spectate" in console and then joining a team should fix it, I'm guessing.

*edit* I just joined a server that, with even teams, apparently randomly assigned me to RED on badwater. I thought that was unpossible! Maybe it's a mod.

Minecraft... the game that took the winds out of the sails of Starcraft.

1 programmer vs. Blizzard

Oh, yeah, and TF 2 is totally falling by the wayside.

fallengorn

Blizzard said:
Typing "spectate" in console and then joining a team should fix it, I'm guessing.
I guess should've tried that too, but I was still was able to choose a different class or team. It would just dump me back into where I was before. It might be a server communication thing, because after I disconnected I couldn't see the server.

commissar

Sounds like either a server crash or reboot.

See them from time to time. There's usually a red timer in the top left tellin you it's DC'd

Sciz

Blizzard said:
*edit* I just joined a server that, with even teams, apparently randomly assigned me to RED on badwater. I thought that was unpossible! Maybe it's a mod.
It happens to me every once in a while even on our server. The process is clearly not truly random, but whatever arcane method they use to determine which team needs you does occasionally come up RED.

Javaman

Sciz said:
It happens to me every once in a while even on our server. The process is clearly not truly random, but whatever arcane method they use to determine which team needs you does occasionally come up RED.

That's interesting... Maybe it defaults to filling blue first then uses some other metric once the players have points.

fallengorn

commissar said:
Sounds like either a server crash or reboot.

See them from time to time. There's usually a red timer in the top left tellin you it's DC'd
Nope. The server was still active. It was just me.

Yasae

Banned
Blizzard said:
I believe Borsalino kicked you for being afk at one point. Maybe that was because your client was glitched, then.
He got rid of me, too, the rotten son of a bitch.
Technically I was afk, though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I say. If I give you a Kritz demo man. While we are on a ledge above the engineers' set ups of the defending team. Don't be a retard and jump at them.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
shintoki said:
I say. If I give you a Kritz demo man. While we are on a ledge above the engineers' set ups of the defending team. Don't be a retard and jump at them.

Was on the F7 server a few nights ago, and was using Uber on PL/Offense. Had to pop it around the corner, and end up giving it to a Solly. Solly, not being too bright, went straight to the cart, and ducked right next to it.. expecting to push it.

But.. he was Ubered.. so..

Blizzard

Banned
EvilMario said:
Was on the F7 server a few nights ago, and was using Uber on PL/Offense. Had to pop it around the corner, and end up giving it to a Solly. Solly, not being too bright, went straight to the cart, and ducked right next to it.. expecting to push it.

One of the most tragic things in a world is when you get an uber medic + something on the cart right as time runs out. Unfortunately, if the medic doesn't turn the uber off for a second and no one else is there...time still runs out... ;_;

Yasae

Banned
EvilMario said:

It was Queso, wasn't it? Ugh.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Blizzard said:
One of the most tragic things in a world is when you get an uber medic + something on the cart right as time runs out. Unfortunately, if the medic doesn't turn the uber off for a second and no one else is there...time still runs out... ;_;

Yeah, if I have an Uber right at the end when there's only one guy on the cart, I'll just pop it and try to body block. :lol

Yasae

Banned
Rabbit Lord said:
I made a music video/machinima based mostly on WoW, but it has a little TF2 thrown in for good measure. A WoW guildie came up with a song and I made the video and a story around it. Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdEU5-W_8YM
Lol. And that spy is a voyeur (not that I'm surprised.)

God help whoever picked Hide and Seek, though. That's Imogen Heap's worst song.

Blizzard

Banned
Yasae said:
Lol. And that spy is a voyeur (not that I'm surprised.)

God help whoever picked Hide and Seek, though. That's Imogen Heap's worst song.
I think you missed the joke (though I don't know if they intended it that way). :lol

firex

I would've stayed on the f7 server, but those lag spikes were getting to me. shooting people right in front of me and not hitting them, killing people behind corners and getting killed behind corners and hit by stuff I don't even see, etc. if I wanted to feel like I was cheating I'd play sniper.

Yasae

Banned
Blizzard said:
I think you missed the joke (though I don't know if they intended it that way). :lol
Unless it's a parody of other AMVs which overuse this song - it's certainly open to that kind of abuse - I'm still left with a bad taste in my mouth after every listen. The rest of the vid was good.

Blizzard

Banned
I was getting crappy framerate on F7 too, probably due to my CPU and other applications running combined with the 32-player-ness of it.

Yasae said:
Unless it's a parody of other AMVs which overuse this song - it's certainly open to that kind of abuse - I'm still left with a bad taste in my mouth after every listen. The rest of the vid was good.
http://www.doubleagent.com/play/the-original-dear-sister-skit

That is itself a parody of some scene in some "OC" show, and there are in turn a bunch of parodies of the parody if I'm not mistaken. :p

Blizzard said:
I was getting crappy framerate on F7 too, probably due to my CPU and other applications running combined with the 32-player-ness of it.

http://www.doubleagent.com/play/the-original-dear-sister-skit

That is itself a parody of some scene in some "OC" show, and there are in turn a bunch of parodies of the parody if I'm not mistaken. :p

Yea it's just a joke, idea from the OC nonsense, as it comes on right as the gnome is shot.

Oreoleo

firex said:
it was straight up lag for me. the server was slower than most other 32s I join and then I'd get lag spikes.

Yeah it's been kinda shitty there all week. People say the server needs a restart but idk.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Jesus christ we had a bunch of idiots on the Blu team today. Who the hell opens the door knowing that a sniper (Blizzard) is aiming right from the other side of the area. And of all things, it was a demo.

Twig

Banned
Jangaroo said:
Jesus christ we had a bunch of idiots on the Blu team today. Who the hell opens the door knowing that a sniper (Blizzard) is aiming right from the other side of the area. And of all things, it was a demo.
In blue's defense, "Blizzard."

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
In blue's defense, "Blizzard."
He didn't mention it was just a charged body shot, and Jangaroo was standing still in my line of sight!

But yeah, the old "What could one man possibly do?" trap!

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Argh I had no idea what that demo was doing. And the worse thing is nobody bothered to spy check the tunnel since our engies couldn't maintain the sentries inside due to taking so damn long so here I am trying to buff up and there's a red silhouette making his way past everybody. The embarrassing thing was that we had like 6 players hunched up in there and nobody bothered to try and you know, KILL THE SPY. He even managed to get past everybody and open the door...again. Thank god for Bacon being a medic again alongside with me.
Blizzard said:
He didn't mention it was just a charged body shot, and Jangaroo was standing still in my line of sight!

But yeah, the old "What could one man possibly do?" trap!
I was afk for a second so I stood there assuming nobody would be an idiot and let the door down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom