• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exoprimal |OT| A Crisis of Dinosaurs

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I got the last achievement finally. All alphas up to 10+. Season 2 survival pass on 40 out of 50, so 10 more to go.

This game's classes continue to just blow my mind. Season 1, the job I thought I would hate the most was Vigilant and it ended up one of my favorites. Season 2, the job I left to last was Roadblock Alpha and it turns out it's so insanely good I can't believe it, and it's one of my favorite jobs in the game.

Season 2 cosmetics are not bad. The new Escape game mode is fantastic. It's not that much different from previous modes, but it's fun. They turn the dino spawn numbers up to max and it's a 10 person co-op mission holding zones. Then at the end you all have to try to make it to the portal to leave. It's always hilarious when everyone makes it in but 1 person and you just have to watch.

They're doing double xp weekends occasionally. Flew through all the leveling up.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm level 7 on Barrage Beta Suit. He's a beast. Instead of a grenade or rocket launcher, you have a flame thrower. It's devastating when you wind up with a party with 3 of these and the entire level is just on fire.

Skywave Beta seems challenging but extremely creative, yet again another innovative and interesting healer class. Now her base shot is a homing shot that heals, and it tracks extremely well. Then after you charge it up, you can generate shields for your team. Reminds me of FFXI WHM with the stoneskin effect on heals.

Roadblock Beta seems like kind of a let down. I only played it a bit and it's kinda too similar to the base model.

Deadeye Beta seems like a let down as well, but they're not leveled up yet. He has a laser now which is fine, but it seems a bit weak initially.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I had a friend interested to try this but it seems the population has fallen off a cliff? At least when I checked steam charts.

Are we boned if we wanted to try it out with just the game matchmaking or is this only doable via discord invites and knowing friends who want to play?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I had a friend interested to try this but it seems the population has fallen off a cliff? At least when I checked steam charts.

Are we boned if we wanted to try it out with just the game matchmaking or is this only doable via discord invites and knowing friends who want to play?
I've never had a problem getting into a game personally. 🤷‍♂️

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Excellent. I’ll give it a whirl again with him. Solo it didn’t click but maybe with a pal it’ll be fun.
It gets repetitive, but for me anyway, after a bit you suddenly look up and notice 3 hours passed and you can't turn it off. The classes are all pretty interesting and have some moments of hidden depth in certain situations.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Got the Rathalos fight. Gotta say, it was really fun. I was Skywave Beta and lucked out because there was a 2nd Skywave Beta in the other party as well and we were both just crushing it. Incredible co-op vibes. We barely let anyone die, near flawless healing and precise shields. The new Astral Veil ability really shines on harder 10 man fights where you can just pick who to shield and precisely counter block when someone gets hate that shouldnt. Rathalos turns the whole floor to lava and we were even doing Astral Veil on each other to raise people in the lava while taking no damage. It was fun.

Just wish we had more new content. I still havent seen this Jungle level yet.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Got the Rathalos fight
Snoop Korean Drama GIF by Netflix K-Content

say what now??

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Level 25 on the BP already. Lol. Probably gonna get to Level 40 before the end of the Double XP & I'm at 80K kills. Ever closer to that 100K.
I just hit 26. I'd like to at least hit 40. Just so much more worth it on double xp to go for it. Then get the rest in Feb during the 2 events.

Got every Beta suit to 10.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I just hit 26. I'd like to at least hit 40. Just so much more worth it on double xp to go for it. Then get the rest in Feb during the 2 events.

Got every Beta suit to 10.
When does the Double XP end? I just jump on for the Double XP and work towards the 10K. The game is still alive but not mega healthy. See a lot of people quit games dunno what that's about. If they're lobby jumping to try and get Rathalos.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
When does the Double XP end? I just jump on for the Double XP and work towards the 10K. The game is still alive but not mega healthy. See a lot of people quit games dunno what that's about. If they're lobby jumping to try and get Rathalos.
Until Sunday night I believe. They do weekends sometimes.

I havent really seen any unusual quitting. That does sound annoying.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Got to BP level 43. Got all 5 Monster Hunter rewards. I had a lot of fun games over the weekend. Playing a Barrage B in the tight interiors in that lava level is just hilarious. It's just like 200 hundred dinosaurs all on fire, going nuts.

I don't know if they plan on doing anything past this season, but it's likely this is my last one. I had fun, but only adding 4 new suits was a let down. The last stretch of this is definitely feeling like a grind. And I felt the battlepass wasn't that great this time either. That's fine, I've gotta be close to 200 hours at least in this game, so I will hang it up once I hit 50 and get the February event stuff. I think I'm player level 320 or something.

Probably will be time to go back to Splatoon in March.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Hit 50. The Neo-Triceratops is crazy. Fully changes into a blob and slides into the floor. Tons of moves. Whole stages changes a ton.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Season 4 is live. New B variants for Witch Doctor, Krieger, Vigilant, Zephy, Numbus and Murasame.

New mortar rig.

Really tempted by these Mega Man skins. They're both ridiculously good. New MM theme boss fight

New 10 man event added. Time Rebellion.

Double XP weekend begins on Friday.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Zephyr B is super fun. Your normal attack rapidly charges up a very strong wolverine dash torpedo that crushes crowds of small enemies.

Witch Doctor B is solid. Good damage projectile that charges for a stun shot.

Nimbus B seems super hard to use. Every shot is a land mine. Including heals.

Krieger B is the best of them. Super fast reload. High damage. Normal shots charge a power laser with great damage.

P.S. head start kit is on GP perks. Claim it.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Finished season 4. Maxed all the jobs. Still fun.

I'll have to log in again to try Timeloop Rebellion when its up. Hasnt started yet. Other than that, might be finished. Havent heard of a season 5 yet.

manfestival

so like is this game going on strong somehow? I played it at launch and it was really fun but everyone I know has no clue that this game even exists.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
so like is this game going on strong somehow? I played it at launch and it was really fun but everyone I know has no clue that this game even exists.
I've never had an issue getting a game. It doesnt have enough content to play continuously, but when they do a season update I put in a few long sessions to max it out.

Doomtrain

I just started playing this. I’d wanted to try it before, but the Mega Man campaign finally drew me in. It’s pretty fun! It has some weird design choices — the story and wargames aesthetic feel like oddly uninteresting presentation choices, and I don’t love the exosuit designs, but that might just be my unfamiliarity with them — but I’ve had some enjoyable matches and I’m having a good time exploring the different suits and mods.

I fought Yellow Devil once, but my team was uncoordinated and we only got him like halfway down. I for sure want to unlock the Mega Man skin, though!

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I just started playing this. I’d wanted to try it before, but the Mega Man campaign finally drew me in. It’s pretty fun! It has some weird design choices — the story and wargames aesthetic feel like oddly uninteresting presentation choices, and I don’t love the exosuit designs, but that might just be my unfamiliarity with them — but I’ve had some enjoyable matches and I’m having a good time exploring the different suits and mods.

I fought Yellow Devil once, but my team was uncoordinated and we only got him like halfway down. I for sure want to unlock the Mega Man skin, though!
Yellow Devil is very difficult. I fought him 5x and only got 1 win. Its a lot of fun though. You can get a Mega Man reward each time you face him, even if you lose. Mega Man skin is on attempt #5.

Top Bottom