• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exoprimal |OT| A Crisis of Dinosaurs

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I pretty much only do PvE to lvl up

Edit: Better to choose either PvP or PvE rather than random because some modules are better suited to one over the other imo
Random you get a 20% xp boost. Personally I dont change my modules but thats cool that you have multiple set ups.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
PvP play just gets me salty when we lose since I'm normally not mic'd and usually mute some people who are; especially if their mic picks up background noise of their mother or significant other yelling at them. Not to mention annoying af kids with high pitch voices
I've had one toxic experience in this game and it was this dude making out like he tried to carry hard and we still lost. He wasn't even in the top 5 players on end game. LMAO.

I also random solo queue. Win or lose it'll get me some levels. Especially the end game boss. That gives you at least two levels guaranteed.

I've had one toxic experience in this game and it was this dude making out like he tried to carry hard and we still lost. He wasn't even in the top 5 players on end game. LMAO.

I also random solo queue. Win or lose it'll get me some levels. Especially the end game boss. That gives you at least two levels guaranteed.
The most annoying players are Nimbus players who don't heal at all. Even when you are standing right in front of them mid-level before the spawns come out. It's why my default rig is usually the aid rig. Followed by Shield rig.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
The most annoying players are Nimbus players who don't heal at all. Even when you are standing right in front of them mid-level before the spawns come out. It's why my default rig is usually the aid rig. Followed by Shield rig.
Most Nimbus players are trash and I don't particularly like the class myself but idk if it's actually bad.

Btw anyone else think the Alpha variant designs are... Better?

Most Nimbus players are trash and I don't particularly like the class myself but idk if it's actually bad.

Btw anyone else think the Alpha variant designs are... Better?
No way to tell til they are released, but some sound interesting and at least will make you change up how you play the suit.
What's more interesting is the additional modules that might lead to non-meta builds

Punished Miku

Gold Member
FYI Nimbus is awesome, most people just suck. I played White Mage in an elite FFXI group for 5 years so I know healing. They have by far the best raise since they can do it with a hologram meaning they can raise a dead body thats surrounded or raise 2 at once. Healing shots have the longest range and go through enemies unlike Skywave. Spread shot for healing or damage. Highest damage potential of any healer so if you are actually able to manage both your group has potential for faster times. And for fun you can position swap with your hologram for teleport evades. Critical shots and spread shots also do surprisingly high damage.

Last edited:
FYI Nimbus is awesome, most people just suck. I played White Mage in an elite FFXI group for 5 years so I know healing. They have by far the best raise since they can do it with a hologram meaning they can raise a dead body thats surrounded or raise 2 at once. Healing shots have the longest range and go through enemies unlike Skywave. Spread shot for healing or damage. Highest damage potential of any healer so if you are actually able to manage both your group has potential for faster times. And for fun you can position swap with your hologram for teleport evades. Critical shots and spread shots also do surprisingly high damage.
Agreed. I've just been matched with too many bad ones.

All Assualt and Tanks at lvl 20. On to healers. I hope I'm not shit....lol

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Agreed. I've just been matched with too many bad ones.

All Assualt and Tanks at lvl 20. On to healers. I hope I'm not shit....lol
Sometimes you just have bad runs because of your group. If there's a non existant tank a witch doctor is a better band aid obviously. If your group is somewhat functional Nimbus can do really well focusing on healing then swap for damage spread shots. Also if someone dies your hologram literally gets them up without hardly missing a beat so a death once or twice only costs you like 3 seconds and barely matters. But yeah, healing is just not for everyone.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Finishing lvl'ing up to 20 my Nimbus tonight.

Last one left: Barrage

PS1 : Savage gauntlet keeps being a shit mode, they REALLY need to step up their game and introduce something...different, something MUCH better, at this point, anything would do really, the game can t go on with the same repeats of the same missions with 3 "raids" here.and there between normal matches...

PS : Got the lava map thrice today and the Launching facility also, it's a crapshoot unfortunately due to being matched with all these new players lately, they REALLY need to put some kind of map selection down the line

Edit : holy shit, I've seen players at lvl 540'something...how the fook is it even possible? 🤣

Last edited:
Yeah I never beat MFE either. Was thinking the same thing.
I only just started it. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before it is taken off the service.
Need to clear up space/schedule for Lies of P which I think is releasing soon

Edit: MFE leaves August 15th. Might not have time to finish it :(

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I only just started it. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before it is taken off the service.
Need to clear up space/schedule for Lies of P which I think is releasing soon

Edit: MFE leaves August 15th. Might not have time to finish it :(
Thats what I expected. Im likely going to buy it when its on sale. Just was going to put in another couple hours and make sure I liked it.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I've only got half the suits to level 20. Took a break. Tried to play last night but once again people refuse to switch to Support. If I wasn't grinding specific suits I wouldn't care and play Witchdoctor.

I've only got half the suits to level 20. Took a break. Tried to play last night but once again people refuse to switch to Support. If I wasn't grinding specific suits I wouldn't care and play Witchdoctor.
Just switch to 1 of the suits the other suits that you haven't leveled yet. You'll want to level them at some point anyway.
I leveled them by class, but the better strategy might've been to lvl 1 from each class at a time to have more options.

There was a few games where I got matched with another Skywave that I was trying to level. I just switched to Nimbus. It worked out well.
Once you get to Nimbus....having 2 on a team was actually pretty good. I think I won every game that we had 2 Nimbus suits on.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Just leave game and reload. Works pretty fast honestly. Even if you get a bot healer it usually works decently.

Just don't wanna be that guy and leave. :(
I'm the same actually. Even in other mp games where we are getting rolled, I never quit.

I did remember a game in Halo 5 SWAT where we were down 20 with only 10 kills to go. 2 teammates quit and the other guy and I went and came back and won. It was awesome af.
The other 2 shits were just giving them free kills and not getting any kills in return. That hardly ever happens though...lol

Edit: I'm glad at the point where I can fill any role without keeping leveling in mind.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Two more days I got Zephyr, Nimbus, Roadblock and Barrage left to level but I really don't care about playing Nimbus or Roadblock. Zephyr I also don't like but at least I can turn my brain off playing it.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
TITLE UPDATE 1 :

New Content and Features

Introducing Alpha variant exosuits!

- Deadeye Alpha: Burst Fire
- Zephyr Alpha: Energy Chakram
- Barrage Alpha: Rocket Hop
- Vigilant Alpha: Marksman
- Roadblock Alpha: Fortress Shield
- Krieger Alpha: Charge Shotgun
- Murasame Alpha: Frost Glaive
- Witchdoctor Alpha: Duality Beam
- Skywave Alpha: Thunderclap
- Nimbus Alpha: Double Barrel

These exosuit variants feature weapons that differ from their default counterparts and allow for different playstyles.
Alpha suits can be purchased with BikCoins after increasing the suit level of a default suit to level 20. You can also use Early Unlock Tickets to unlock Alpha variants.

New modules have been added.

Take advantage of 34 new modules that can be unlocked by increasing player level and Alpha variant exosuit level.

Boss Battles are coming to Savage Gauntlet.

From this Title Update on, excruciatingly difficult 5-person PvE boss battle missions will be added to the Savage Gauntlet rotation. Check the information site for more info on when these boss battles will be available, and take on the Gauntlet with your team!

New items for the following categories can be obtained from War Chests.

New exosuit skins, weapon skins, decals, charms, stamps, emotes, emblems, and player icon backgrounds can be obtained from War Chests.

New medals have been added.

New awards have been added, and the design for some awards has been changed.

Some menus and portions of the UI have been slightly adjusted.
- A respawn timer has been added next to the allied exosuit display in the bottom left of the screen.
- You can now toggle between allied and enemy team members at the results screen that displays after Commendations are awarded.
- You can now check a medal's score and Suit EXP values at the results screen that displays after Commendations are awarded.
- The amount of BikCoins granted by a Suit Level reward is now visible at the Exosuit Status screen in the Hangar.
- The slot number corresponding to a currently equipped module is now displayed on the module list at the Rigs & Module screen in the Hangar.

Bug Fixes & Balance Adjustments

Savage Gauntlet

An issue was detected where some players experienced a discrepancy between the rank displayed in the game and the rewards granted to some players whose clear times are very close to the cutoff time for a given rank.

We will be redistributing rank awards to any players who experienced this bug at the rewards screen during Savage Gauntlet Trials 1–3.

Exosuit Adjustments

Deadeye

Fixed a bug where using Deadeye's standard attack right after using the Thrust Attack ability would occasionally result in projectiles firing at a location other than where players were aiming.

Fixed a bug in values for the increased cooldown time for the D - Reload Dodge module.(Occurred in Arabic only)

Barrage

Fixed a bug where Skipbomber projectiles would occasionally pass through Krieger's Dome Shield under certain conditions.

Fixed a bug where players would eliminate themselves with damage from Triple Threat.

Fixed a bug where Stun Grenade would occasionally deal two hits to large dinosaurs.

Fixed a bug where enemies using Roadblock's Ballistic Wall or the Shield rig would not be stunned if they were hit by the Stun Grenade from behind.

Fixed a bug where players would occasionally receive the Flapjack medal twice when burning and flipping over an Ankylosaurus.

Vigilant

Fixed a bug where enemies using Roadblock's Ballistic Wall or the Shield rig would not be frozen if they were hit by Frost Lock from behind.

Roadblock

Fixed a bug where, under certain conditions, Roadblock's Storm Drive would not kill Pteranodons despite dealing damage to them.

Fixed a number of bugs that occurred when Skywave activated De-Synchronize while Roadblock's Storm Drive was active.

Krieger

Made Todesregen laser pointer more visible so that players can tell whether it is hitting the ground.

Fixed a bug where the impact point of Todesregen projectiles would differ greatly from the location the laser was pointed at.

Murasame

Fixed a bug where, under certain conditions, Crescent Moon would not hit some small dinosaurs.

Fixed a bug where Murasame would occasionally become locked in the Vajra Counter stance and unable to sprint.

Witchdoctor

Fixed a bug that occurred in network environments with limited bandwidth where Repair Field's effect would not activate even though its number of uses would be reduced.

Skywave

Fixed a bug where attacks from Skywave's Aether Lance would only damage one enemy in a group of enemies clustered together.

Fixed a bug where using the Catapult rig during Air Supremacy prevented Skywave from returning to Air Supremacy.

Nimbus

Fixed a bug where Nimbus could not damage enemies when attacking while near the enemy Data Key.

Modules

Fixed a bug where Barrage's B - Boost Grenade module did not properly increase Skipbomber damage dealt to some enemies.

Fixed a bug where Stinger Shot's cooldown time would not be reduced when killing multiple hostile exofighters with a single Stinger Shot while Vigilant's V- Finishing Streak module is equipped.

Other

Damage values were displaying in the center of Uplinks when controlling a Carnotaurus with a Dominator, but the Uplink itself was not taking damage. We have made adjustments so the Uplinks will now take damage.

Fixed a bug where using the Charge attack while controlling a Carnotaurus with a Dominator would occasionally cause damage values to display twice.

Fixed a bug where players could occasionally pass through Krieger's Dome Shield while controlling a Carnotaurus with the Dominator.

Fixed a bug where damage values would not display when attacking enemy Crafts with a Dominator.

Enemy Adjustments

Fixed a bug where Pteranodons appearing from vortexes would occasionally take zero damage from Vigilant's Railgun Charge.

Fixed a bug where the Neo Ankylosaurus would occasionally take zero damage from attacks that hit its tail.

Fixed a bug where the Neo Ankylosaurus would not be downed even after two of its growths had been destroyed.

Fixed a bug where the T. rex's Roar ability would cause Frost Lock and Stun Grenade projectiles to explode earlier than intended.

Game Mode Adjustments

Fixed a bug that affected the way the Omega Hammer carrier icon was displayed to players controlling a Dominator in Omega Charge.

Fixed a bug where unexpected chat log behavior would occur when players placed a marker on a hostile exofighter that had just been marked by another player.

Fixed a bug where behavior for placing markers differed between the Firing Range and actual matches.

UI Adjustments

Fixed a bug where damage value displays for some weapons overlapped with one another.

Fixed a bug where an ally's username would briefly appear when relenquishing control of a Dominator even though the Display Ally Name option was set to Hide.

A number of other, smaller bugs have also been fixed.

Link :
https://info.exoprimal.com/en/pages/update_230816_002/

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

Some preeetty nice looking redesigns and skins there - especially when it comes to Dead-eye, Zephyr, Nimbus and Skywave

PS : hoarded war chest/lootboxes don't unlock new skins unfortunately, it's only for stuff pre-update.
PS2 : Each α variant costs 20K to unlock FFS...

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Gonna be a really long day at work today ... :lollipop_anguish:

Miku, i mean, 20K for each new suit...what a fucking grind that's gonna be, and that's just for the suits, there's also (almost) 40 new skills to unlock and...i don't know man, i get that they do this to as keep users "engaged" but this kind of grind sucks the joy of actually playing the game normally, instead, everything you do is towards unlocking new stuff all the time AKA "the grind" for that proverbial "carrot on a stick ".

Welcome to modern gaming i suppose...

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Miku, i mean, 20K for each new suit...what a fucking grind that's gonna be, and that's just for the suits, there's also (almost) 40 new skills to unlock and...i don't know man, i get that they do this to as keep users "engaged" but this kind of grind sucks the joy of actually playing the game normally, instead, everything you do is towards unlocking new stuff all the time AKA "the grind" for that proverbial "carrot on a stick ".

Yeah, it sounds pretty brutal. We'll see how far I get. If it feels like a job, just drop it.

I have 30k or so and 35 chests to open so I think I'll probably be able to get a couple, and then grind those out. I was going to get the 100k kills anyway, so having new variety is just all bonus for me. Once I have all the achievements I may move on until the future updates.

I would take months off Splatoon and then go back. I'm probably not touching this game for most of September / October with everything coming out, but we'll see.

draliko

Surprise hit of 2023, cant stop playing! Strange how it seemed to start like such a low quality game for like an hour, then it get's it's raptor claws in you and its a really good game.
This post convinced me to try and stomach the game for a more couple of hours and see how it goes, first hour wasn't so fun, but I'll try and keep it up (while I wait for my GPU to play bg3 and starfield)👍👍 (I'm not a native speaker so if this sound like sarcasm believe me it's not, I'm gonna really follow your suggestion and give the game more time to get going)

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
This post convinced me to try and stomach the game for a more couple of hours and see how it goes, first hour wasn't so fun, but I'll try and keep it up (while I wait for my GPU to play bg3 and starfield)👍👍 (I'm not a native speaker so if this sound like sarcasm believe me it's not, I'm gonna really follow your suggestion and give the game more time to get going)

Drali, this game, for better or for worse, takes way more than 1 hour to get going/get into gear.
Also : there's 6-7 maps and 4 "raids"/events and also game modes which take a good amount of playtime as to have them unlocked - everything is tied to story progression basically and player lvl.

To make you understand, i started seeing new maps and dino enemies after being lvl 80+

Cheers

Last edited:

draliko

Drali, this game, for better or for worse, takes way more than 1 hour to get going/get into gear.
Also : there's 6-7 maps and 4 "raids"/events and also game modes which take a good amount of playtime as to have them unlocked - everything is tied to story progression basically and player lvl.

To make you understand, i started seeing new maps and dino enemies after being lvl 80+

Cheers
Grazie. Gonna throw some more time on it for sure, one of the thing I need to get better at is giving games more time to click... But being summer and having small kids time is scarce 😅 well at least I got D4 and remnant2 out of the queue before starfield (and that bastard bg3 that hyped me to buy a new GPU😅)

I just got the update. Each alpha suit is 15k not 20k. Still painful :(
4 General modules for all suits and each exosuit/variant has 3 new modules specific to that suits.

Time to rethink each module. There's one that gives you health on kills with amount of health refunded dependent on enemy type. Might not even need a healer....lol

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Giallo Corsa Giallo Corsa is completely correct. 1 hour isn't even enough. I am sorry. New Dino's and events etc get introduced like hours into the game and for me personally it has a great rewarding loop. I really enjoy it. Hope you end up liking it :)

Hot5pur

Curious about this game now. Is it similar to something like Outriders with a proper story and focus on PVE or does it have a heavy pvp focus? My wife and I play various games in co-op so was thinking if this would fit the bill. We also like the leveling up/loot/upgrades stuff like in diablo. Would this be a good fit or nah?

Curious about this game now. Is it similar to something like Outriders with a proper story and focus on PVE or does it have a heavy pvp focus? My wife and I play various games in co-op so was thinking if this would fit the bill. We also like the leveling up/loot/upgrades stuff like in diablo. Would this be a good fit or nah?
Not really like Outriders or Daiblo. There are loot and builds in the form of modules that can change your playstlye, but not as drastic as Diablo. It is very team oriented, so would be a good fit for coop with your wife imo. It can be mostly PvP or PvE or even random with a mix of both if you choose, but for the most part it is PvE in where you are racing to complete levels against an opposing team to complete a certain number of encounters.

If you choose the PvE route, you only interact with the other team by choosing a Dino to invade or having the other team having a dino invade your team to kill you and your teammates delaying your progress.
In the PvP route (which I don't play much), you have an encounter near the end where you fight the opposing team to complete the session.
And random is either of the two above at the end.
Edit: Random gives you 20% more expereince per completion.

Builds can matter because some are better suited for PvP vs PvE. PvP awards better XP, but if you are a salty MFer like me, go with PvE...lol
As others have said above, you need some time investment to be able to unlock suits, modules, certain encounters and story elements. There are 3 types of classes: Assault, Tank and Support (healers)
In addition, there are 3 exosuits that are locked in addition to now 10 variants.
Great thing is that there's probably a suit that fit just about every style of play.

If you have GamePass, it's a no brainer to try it out. Or if you game on PC, get a month trial to try it

Last edited:
Top Bottom