• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Drkirby said:
As a pryo, I feel the opposite. I have no clue how to rack up kills, but running around trying to catch the enemy off guard gives me a good since of where both teams stand. Also, IMO the only way to ever bust though a hardpoint is with a Heavy, or a Medic Ubering someone. If you have crappy/no Heavys, or a Medic who aren't very good, you are not getting though.
Entire team of demos works pretty well

moojito

Aye, I like playing the heavy but since I don't know any of the maps I feel a bit guilty when these medics follow me about then slowly come to the realisation I have no clue what I'm doing then go away to heal a scout instead, or worse, stick an uber on me at what I'm sure is a vital choke point in the map only for me to stand there wondering where to go.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
For some reason I just now read the tf2 blog post about the art pass contest.

I guess we can expect the next update after September then? Polycount and art pass contest winner update all rolled up into one?

Volcynika

fallengorn said:
For some reason I just now read the tf2 blog post about the art pass contest.

I guess we can expect the next update after September then? Polycount and art pass contest winner update all rolled up into one?

After September of next year, of course. Valve time and all.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
I don't think there's enough sockets for everybody. Kuro can be out since he'll do it for the team. And having one less dirty spy is always a plus.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
Not like anyone wants to play with Kuro anyway.
so that's why you haven't been only lately?
ludwigDEUSEXD.gif

Twig

Banned
yeah that's why i haven't been only lately

also i was at THE BEACH in case you missed it the thousand times i've mentioned it before

THE BEACH

OCEAN

BUSY WITH THINGS

THE BEACH

no need to be jealous

i'm only better than you

also: now my computer seems to be irreparably damaged so i won't be on for a while longer :3 D: ):

Jangaroo

It's like my computer problems somehow caught on to you. I'm sorry for karma working it's terrible ways :(

Twig

Banned
I've been having problems since I built this thing three years ago. It's just now, since I got back from THE BEACH I can't use it for more than twenty minutes without it crashing and half the time I can't even get to Windows, it just freezes during bootup. ):

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
I've been having problems since I built this thing three years ago. It's just now, since I got back from THE BEACH I can't use it for more than twenty minutes without it crashing and half the time I can't even get to Windows, it just freezes during bootup. ):

Gets past POST, but not into windows? Does everything start up?

Could be a broken HDD if you can't get into windows but can start up.

Twig

Banned
It freezes at seemingly random points during bootup.

Before anything happens, at the initial BIOS startup screen, after that screen when it lists hard drives and info (with blinking cursor), at that same screen but after it checks the CD/DVD drive (with blinking cursor), after that on a blank screen (with blinking cursor), and finally on that same blank screen (withOUT blinking cursor).

So: D:

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
It freezes at seemingly random points during bootup.

Before anything happens, at the initial BIOS startup screen, after that screen when it lists hard drives and info (with blinking cursor), at that same screen but after it checks the CD/DVD drive (with blinking cursor), after that on a blank screen (with blinking cursor), and finally on that same blank screen (withOUT blinking cursor).

So: D:

Check your harddrive then by trying out a new one?

seems to me that it's getting through start up, which is all onboard the MB anyways, and can't load windows since the harddrive is borked

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
I've heard that such things happen to people who are obnoxious and terrible. ):

Yeef

esc said:
I'd say half the time a team gets rolled it's class mismanagement and not unbalanced teams. Yesterday on a payload map we got rolled because we had 4 medics, 3 pyros and 0 engies on defense. And on cp_steel we had 5 pyros on D. :\
This seems to be the case most of the time when I play on the GAF server. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's not uncommon to play a game with one or no medics (or an otherwise lack of class variety). I'll switch a lot of the time, but it sort of sucks being the only medic, especially without a good Heavy/Pyro/Soldier to assist.

Twig

Banned
The hard drives are fine (physically, though the Windows installation may be corrupted, I suspect). I ran some diagnostics on both of the ones I have.

However, I did just discover that one of my sticks of RAM was consistently causing that problem by itself. I've been running Memtest on them individually. It might just be a fluke/coincidence, but I hope not at least. U:
Blizzard said:
I've heard that such things happen to people who are obnoxious and terrible. ):
And yet you seem unaffected? WHAT?!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
The hard drives are fine (physically, though the Windows installation may be corrupted, I suspect). I ran some diagnostics on both of the ones I have.

However, I did just discover that one of my sticks of RAM was consistently causing that problem by itself. I've been running Memtest on them individually. It might just be a fluke/coincidence, but I hope not at least. U:

And yet you seem unaffected? WHAT?!

Well, a windows re-install shouldn't take too long. I hope your diagnostics wasn't the crappy Windows one :p

:lol Blizzard, you walked into that one.

Twig

Banned
Reinstalling windows would take forever 'cause I don't have the space to backup all the stuff I have (which isn't necessarily stuff I wanna keep permanently but I don't have anywhere to put it temporarily)!

Luckily I have Steam on the non-Windows drive so I wouldn't have to back THAT up.

Jangaroo

So remember how we were talking about unbalanced teams because of cruddy class choices? Look here. This is the one thing that makes me RAGE more than spies (joking about the spies but you know teehee).
ossk02.png

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS THIS?! Crusading Monkey was a sniper so that's okay but we didn't need two extra ones. And three engies? Seriously now? We couldn't pad things out with a heavy or two? The worse thing about this is that there was nobody for me to kritz when the round started. It was either the three snipers or the engies. I left because I had to go fix some dinner but I don't even want to hear about how that round ended. Hell I even gave up sniping to go medic to be more useful but man this gets aggravating sometimes. /rant
I'm not that angry. Just annoyed. Slightly. And Kuro's backstabbing.

Twig

Banned
fallengorn said:
Did you run memtest?
Twig said:
All the other three sticks tested fine, no errors detected in three passes each. Been in Windows now for over an hour without a crash, sans that one stick.

Hopefully I've removed the problem. We shall see.

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
All the other three sticks tested fine, no errors detected in three passes each. Been in Windows now for over an hour without a crash, sans that one stick.

Hopefully I've removed the problem. We shall see.
You could try running memtest, if it's something to do with a memory stick. If one of them seems to be faulty, you could take it out and see if the crashes stop happening. You should be able to find memtest at http://www.memtest.org/.

DogWelder

Jangaroo said:
So remember how we were talking about unbalanced teams because of cruddy class choices? Look here. This is the one thing that makes me RAGE more than spies (joking about the spies but you know teehee).
http://i32.tinypic.com/ossk02.png[/ IMG]

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS THIS?! Crusading Monkey was a sniper so that's okay but we didn't need two extra ones. And three engies? Seriously now? We couldn't pad things out with a heavy or two? The worse thing about this is that there was nobody for me to kritz when the round started. It was either the three snipers or the engies. I left because I had to go fix some dinner but I don't even want to hear about how that round ended. Hell I even gave up sniping to go medic to be more useful but man this gets aggravating sometimes. /rant
[spoiler]I'm not that angry. Just annoyed. Slightly. And Kuro's backstabbing.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
:lol

:(

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XeH9z.jpg

It was better at the end, but by then it was too late. I was just overhealing snipers for about 3/4 of the match.

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
Bah! You chicken! I didn't even kill you once! I only took out 3 other snipers hoping it was you.
If you go spy, and disguise as the enemy team, you can see the enemy team member's name before you kill them. :eek:

~THE MORE YOU KNOW~

Fun games last night.

I've been spending most of my time with Pyro again. I'm mostly in it for the reflect and air blast kills. Also like the Wrangler only for offensive engie, but can't do defensive engie anymore—just not my thing right now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
If you go spy, and disguise as the enemy team, you can see the enemy team member's name before you kill them. :eek:

~THE MORE YOU KNOW~

Wow! It's like I logged over a 1000 hours into this game and I never figured that out?! Shit! Teach me moar!

I'm behind enemy lines and I see 3 snipers there. There's a pyro chasing me up the stairs. I'm not really going around checking to see if Jangaroo is the name of each and every sniper.

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
Wow! It's like I logged over a 1000 hours into this game and I never figured that out?! Shit! Teach me moar!

I'm behind enemy lines and I see 3 snipers there. There's a pyro chasing me up the stairs. I'm not really going around checking to see if Jangaroo is the name of each and every sniper.
There's your problem. You have to want it. Apparently, you didn't.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Javaman said:
I just got done playing on a 36 player instant spawn server on egypt. [SLITS WRISTS]

I enjoy jumping on an all-crits 26p server now and then and Egypt on there is a total shit.

Blizzard

Banned
speedpop said:

I enjoy jumping on an all-crits 26p server now and then and Egypt on there is a total shit.
I don't think any of your examples come close to what I tried once -- lazytown all-crits. :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom