• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Good games on Upward and Steel last night, cheers.

Having the worst luck with item drops currently though, not getting the weapons I need to craft a class token to go with the refined metals.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Blizzard said:
I played arena for the first time in a while today, and Valve has apparently STILL not fixed the sandman bug where you spawn with like 95 HP. Maybe it's intentional. :lol

Arena has always been my 'favorite' game-type. Off-Blast (recently added) is an amazing map too. It's a shame most on GAF will never see it..

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Indeed, but at least Nucleus has a KOTH mode as well (like Sawmill). I think KOTH would suit slightly altered versions of Lumberyard and Offblast as well.

Yasae

Banned
Firebrand said:
Good games on Upward and Steel last night, cheers.

Having the worst luck with item drops currently though, not getting the weapons I need to craft a class token to go with the refined metals.
I got soldier's stash recently. Good find, but rare indeed.

Salsa

So, ive always played TF2 at max settings with constant 60fps back in win XP. It seems that after the upgrade to win 7 the game has become.. choppier (still at max settings, 16xAA etc). Is this normal affair on Seven or what ? i think its the only game that runs worse than before.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Hope you guys have been having fun. I sure have been with Starcraft 2 >.>

I'll be back for a couple rounds sooner or later.

Blizzard said:
Does anyone know the server IP? I heard there was a GAF server. Is there a way to connect to it, maybe by knowing the IP?

Options -> Keyboard -> Advanced -> Enable Developer Console

Press key right below Esc.....type and enter.

connect <IP Address here>

Sciz

Blizzard said:
Does anyone know the server IP? I heard there was a GAF server. Is there a way to connect to it, maybe by knowing the IP?
frown.gif

Lionheart1337 said:
Options -> Keyboard -> Advanced -> Enable Developer Console

Press key right below Esc.....type and enter.

connect <IP Address here>
emot-gonk.gif

Boonoo

SalsaShark said:
So, ive always played TF2 at max settings with constant 60fps back in win XP. It seems that after the upgrade to win 7 the game has become.. choppier (still at max settings, 16xAA etc). Is this normal affair on Seven or what ? i think its the only game that runs worse than before.

That seems strange. Are you playing in windowed mode?

For all of you crazy Minecrafters:

Volcynika said:
As said in the Steam thread. If DaFish is on your friend's list, don't click his link and try to login. It's a phishing site.

Has anyone told him about that? I've considered blocking him, but I keep thinking he'll figure it out and get rid of whatever he's using that does that.

rar

PotatoeMasher said:
Has anyone told him about that? I've considered blocking him, but I keep thinking he'll figure it out and get rid of whatever he's using that does that.

his account was probably just hacked and now its being used to hack more accounts, itll take about a week for him to get it back

There's an official blog post about the destruction of Golden Wrenches for charity:

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=4151&p=1 said:
On August 31st WiNGSPANTT and 7 other Golden Wrench owners will commit a nigh unutterable act of brazen item-aggression so egregious that we shudder to think of the implications should the Administrator herself catch wind of it.

On that day 8 Golden Wrenches will be destroyed.

Somehow these few have found the strength of will to reject the lure of Australium to serve a greater cause.

Over the last month Jon "WiNGSPANTT" Tran has spent his personal time and energy promoting and collecting donations for the Child's Play charity. The more donations received, the more Golden Wrenches to be destroyed on August 31st. As each Golden Wrench is destroyed a global message will be sent to everyone playing Team Fortress 2 announcing the sacrifice. Everyone who donates will receive a place on a special steam group to mark their generosity.

So far the event has managed to raise over $5,000 in donations. Further contributions may very well secure the destruction even more Golden Wrenches.

If you are interested in participating in the Golden Charity event please visit the website.

The TF2 team knew that the Golden Wrench event would be controversial -- an experiment in the distribution of an ultra-rare item. We never imagined that it would empower a small group of players to benefit a much vaster group of children in need. We are constantly shocked and impressed by the creativity of the Team Fortress 2 community, but today we are humbled.

Love the end. It comes across as truly genuine.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Bleagh, the internet was being cruddy today so my connection kept dying which would explain why I kept leaving randomly. Oh wells. Fun stuff tonight. Can't believe we won that round of Dustbowl though.

Yeef

Jangaroo said:
Bleagh, the internet was being cruddy today so my connection kept dying which would explain why I kept leaving randomly. Oh wells. Fun stuff tonight. Can't believe we won that round of Dustbowl though.
Yeah, that match was crazy. I was surprised we won considering we got steam-rolled on the first two rounds. I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure we only had one Engineer as well.

Jangaroo

Java and I went engie with one other guy but there was a point in the match near the last five minutes where suddenly every single player on Blu made a push for the second point. Common sense hit me and I switched to pyro and started airblasting everybody off the bridge :lol

Javaman

notsol337 said:
THAT DAY WAS TODAY!

Memorable moments include blowing Java up and sniping Kuro, just like old times :D

:eek:( Those grenades had my name all over them. They should really rebalance upwards a bit. It's way too easy to camp the last point with several engineers.

Jangaroo said:
Java and I went engie with one other guy but there was a point in the match near the last five minutes where suddenly every single player on Blu made a push for the second point. Common sense hit me and I switched to pyro and started airblasting everybody off the bridge :lol

That round had some amazingly close calls. It got to the point where I couldn't build anything so I switched to spy to take out their teles. Thankfully the red team held them long enough for me to get through to the entrances. I'm almost tempted to turn off alltalk on those close rounds, or at least when a team can't get past a big obstacle like the final upwards CP.

Kulock said:
There's an official blog post about the destruction of Golden Wrenches for charity:
Love the end. It comes across as truly genuine.

:lol :lol :lol

That guy played on the server one night and we gave him a ton of shit for advertising his site. It went from "oh, nice golden wrench" to "gtfo of here, dirty spammer" within a few minutes.

PotatoeMasher said:
:lol :lol :lol

That guy played on the server one night and we gave him a ton of shit for advertising his site. It went from "oh, nice golden wrench" to "gtfo of here, dirty spammer" within a few minutes.

:lol

He got roasted.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
When playing I got every single engie item, in order, 1 achievement before the milestone.
It was pretty weird but now I think I have 3 of each unlock.

Yeef

I played some arena matches for the first time (which is surprising since I've had the game since launch). I played as Scout and got the first kill at least half a dozen times and didn't get the crit bonus or the achievement. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I'm 1 achievement away from milestone 3.

Also, why is the GAF server empty tonight? And you'd better not answer "Minecraft!"

Ultimatum

Banned
Yeef said:
I played some arena matches for the first time (which is surprising since I've had the game since launch). I played as Scout and got the first kill at least half a dozen times and didn't get the crit bonus or the achievement. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I'm 1 achievement away from milestone 3.

Also, why is the GAF server empty tonight? And you'd better not answer "Minecraft!"
When you play tf2 for a long time, you get to a stage where you continue through one of three paths

1. get bored, stop playing
2. play really casually, alongside other games
3. try competitive play

so tf2 gaf hype is gone, and now the server isn't as active :'(

makes me sad

Jangaroo

More like it's just Minecraft and SCII dude. It's not the end of the world. I got over phase 1 about a month ago so I've been fairly active this week though the semesters about to start in less than a month.

Blizzard

Banned
Ultimatum said:
When you play tf2 for a long time, you get to a stage where you continue through one of three paths

1. get bored, stop playing
2. play really casually, alongside other games
3. try competitive play

so tf2 gaf hype is gone, and now the server isn't as active :'(

makes me sad
4. Keep playing on the GAF server or other servers when friends are on.

Or maybe I'm the only person who does that after 600+ hours?

For me, I've been busy late for most of the week and haven't really had time to play, or else I tried Minecraft for one or two nights. Now that it's the weekend, I might try to get some programming done instead of playing as much, but if I see people on, or an event, I might join for a while. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom