• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two plans to release 2 "previously-released titles" by the end of current Fiscal year, which ends in March 2024.

wvnative

Ash 735 posted this on NeoGaf in 2016. He was an former R* dev and has a mod workshop fixing past GTA games.
966bb5edd8433375d5c529fc977b8a18.png

Here is the Gaf post:

thanks for the info I'd been wondering about this! i wasn't sure if it was just gossip

I will say that Rockstar announced a 10th anniversary remaster of the Max Payne 3 soundtrack and it has yet to come out now 14 months after the 10th anniversary. Maybe it was pushed and actually utilized as the soundtrack for a full game remaster? I can only hope.

Bully and RDR seem obvious though.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
It's a collection release containing RDR1 remastered and RDR2 next gen.

It has been aluded to by many devs at rockstar for the past few days... one of the animation designers let slip some information on twitter which was swiftly deleted

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

It has been aluded to by many devs at rockstar for the past few days... one of the animation designers let slip some information on twitter which was swiftly deleted
Do you have any screenshots?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous

RDR2 already looks so great. I would have rather liked a fill RDR1 remake in RDR2 engine more. I mean a lot of assets are there already.

Fools idol

Banned
RDR2 already looks so great. I would have rather liked a fill RDR1 remake in RDR2 engine more. I mean a lot of assets are there already.
I mean its probably just going to be better fps and ray tracing..

I wasnt able to screenshot anything , to be hoenst didnt even see it my self, but a friend did. I don't really use social media.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
FWIW, R* was also calling that GTA trilogy remake (since it was ported to the Unreal engine making it a remake, technically) a "remaster." So it seems they have their own definition.

The longest running rumor about this was that RDR was being done on the RDR2 version of the engine. Rumor is as old as the RDR2 launch.

I'm still not holding my breath. I'll just pretend it will never happen. Just surprise me, I guess.

JonSnowball

Ash 735 posted this on NeoGaf in 2016. He was an former R* dev and has a mod workshop fixing past GTA games.
966bb5edd8433375d5c529fc977b8a18.png

Here is the Gaf post:

Ash_735 is not now, nor has he ever been, a Rockstar Games employee. He's a long time modder on GTAForums.

This quote has no point of reference and is a common misconception that's been spread consistently for years. See what happens.

YCoCg

Ash_735 is not now, nor has he ever been, a Rockstar Games employee. He's a long time modder on GTAForums.

This quote has no point of reference and is a common misconception that's been spread consistently for years. See what happens.
Wasn't he also sued by Take-Two for being apart of the reverse engineering project for GTA3 and Vice City?

phant0m

Maybe Max Payne 3 to bring back interest in the franchise?
Squeeze some more juice out of LA Noire?
MP3 doesn't need a remake. You can play it now and it still plays great and looks decent enough at native res on PC. First 2 games would be a treat though.

i am guessing RDR + Bully.

Last edited:

Warablo

Max Payne remakes would be cool if they could keep the same audio/music and narration, but had Max Payne 3 gameplay.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I don't know what to believe anymore then, because they sure as hell never made a PC version, yet they did for pretty much every other game they've made. There has been a lot of smoke around the RDR code and issues for well over 10 years now.

But again, not going to expect a thing, but would mind being surprised.

YCoCg

I don't know what to believe anymore then, because they sure as hell never made a PC version, yet they did for pretty much every other game they've made. There has been a lot of smoke around the RDR code and issues for well over 10 years now.

But again, not going to expect a thing, but would mind being surprised.
There's certainly something weird surrounding him, he seems to always be involved with the lawsuits, even if he isn't involved with Rockstar all the stuff he's said has come true in some way or form, especially the engine number stuff since a leak a few years back stated they're moving to number 9 after RDR2. Or he's just very lucky at guessing Rockstar shit, looking over his Twitter it's a mix between fixing their older games and slating modern day Take-Two and Rockstar.

Lol, watch it be two more re-releases of GTAV... GTAV Online: Shark Card Edition and GTAV: Premium Raytraced Reflections (that you barely notice) Edition.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There's certainly something weird surrounding him, he seems to always be involved with the lawsuits, even if he isn't involved with Rockstar all the stuff he's said has come true in some way or form, especially the engine number stuff since a leak a few years back stated they're moving to number 9 after RDR2. Or he's just very lucky at guessing Rockstar shit, looking over his Twitter it's a mix between fixing their older games and slating modern day Take-Two and Rockstar.
He sure knows a lot about how their engines work down to being able to fix what most haven't been able to do, nor R* themselves have bothered to do.

Far more than your average critic/company defender. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Last edited:
Top Bottom