• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom is planning to release a “major” unannounced title by the end of its current fiscal year, which ends in March 2024, it’s said.

What game do you think they're talking about, GAF!?

• Monster Hunter World 2

Votes: 64 47.1%
  • Resident Evil 5 Remake

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Code Veronica Remake

Votes: 22 16.2%
  • New mainline Resident Evil

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Exclusive Switch 2 launch title

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Marvel vs Capcom

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Other (explain in the comments)

Votes: 16 11.8%

• Total voters
That’s according to a Japanese Q&A section published alongside its latest earnings results this week, in which it mentions the unannounced title in relation to how it intends to reach its year-end sales targets.

Considering its aspirations for the unannounced game, it’s possible that it’s related to one of Capcom’s two biggest franchises, Resident Evil or Monster Hunter.

It’s also possible, since there are few major industry events left before March 2024, that the game could be announced during The Game Awards in December.
Capcom has said it’s on track to achieve 11 consecutive years of operating income growth following a strong first half of its fiscal year.

The company’s best-selling game during the first six-month period was Street Fighter 6, which has now surpassed 2.47 million units since its release at the start of June.
The Resident Evil 4 remake sold a further 1.66 million copies during the first half of the fiscal year, taking its lifetime total to 5.45 million following its release in March. Capcom’s top-selling franchise of all time has now surpassed 150 million sales.

The publisher launched a new IP, Exoprimal, in mid-July for PC, Xbox and PlayStation consoles. The game, which was available for Game Pass on console and PC at launch, sold fewer than 940,000 copies by the end of September.

Let’s cut the BS speculation guys. It can only be 1 game if we are talking “major” release that’ll bring the big money to Capcom. Let’s go boys
AGGQdDl.png

nial

Gold Member
Taken from the other forum:

Q: How do you plan to achieve the sales goal for new titles for this financial year?

A: In the second half of this FY, we plan to release Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy in January in addition to a currently unannounced major title. Moreover, we plan to boost the sales figures of new titles of the first half of this FY to achieve the target.

Q: How do you think of the sales goal of 45 million copies of console titles? Taking into account the first half of this FY, wouldn't it be difficult to achieve it?

A: We are planning a major title in the second half of this FY. Additionally, we originally planned to achieve the goal mainly by focusing on sale events in the second half of this FY to boost the sales figures of our catalogue titles.
It says they were originally planning to achieve their sales goal with boosting the figures for old titles, there's no way this a new MonHun.
Mega Man Match seems like a good bet.

Stafford

We heard this earlier this year and now we see it again, so I guess the plan still stands. I cannot think of anything else other than MH. It certainly doesn't seem anything RE is on the horizon anytime soon, DMC I doubt too. So I guess a TGA is very plausible.

Three

I can’t see it being anything other than a multi platform Monster Hunter game. I can’t believe it will have been about 6 years since World. Probably my most played non MMO.
Multiplatform might not be true but I agree it's likely MH.

Woopah

The only place I can see this being announced is the Game Awards (and then released in March).

Could be Monster Hunter, or that rumoured Switch RE.

Nickolaidas

I don't know what it is, but I know what it isn't.

It isn't Resident Evil 5.

It isn't Resident Evil 1.

It isn't Dino Crisis.

Last edited:

nush

less than 5 months to promote an build up hype and it's major? It's a collection or a " Turbo" version of a Capcom game franchise.

DaGwaphics

Only reason I'd want a RE5 remake, is to remove Sheva as a playa le character (and only cross paths every once in awhile) and make it a single player experience like it originally was supposed to be.

Why? Played this one with local coop and it was great fun. That sunlight mirror puzzle especially was good for some laughs. Can't see why the game really needs a remake though, it holds up ok in the graphics department, IMO.

Top Bottom