• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

longdi

Banned
does the 3day selldown rules work for the overall market?

seems like another down day, and a good time to pick up stocks for the friday recovery?

ManofOne

Plus Member
I doubt stocks will fall too much but you will continue to see a rotation trade out of growth. Not sure how long that's going to last.

Value Stocks will certainly do better over the next quarter or two ( as you can see below). The I'll start optimizing my portfolio for the inflation trade.

Q1f4X20.jpg

ManofOne

Plus Member
ARK INVESTORS PULLOUT SOME FUNDS

Investors pulled $465 million from Ark Investment Management’s flagship product, the ARK Innovation ETF (ticker ARKK), in the latest trading session for which flow figures are available, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. They also withdrew $202 million from the ARK Genomic Revolution ETF (ARKG) and $119 million from the ARK Next Generation Internet ETF (ARKW).

ZCtizUZ.jpg
n3Fpnm0.jpg

ManofOne

Plus Member
Yeah they did. Son of a bitch.

Is it because Chair Powell is speaking once more today? People are the biggest goddamn pussies about this guy.

It has mostly to do with the yield curve and its invoking fears of something that happened in 2013, known as a TAPER TANTRUM. The 10 year is up 40 basis points and that has serious reprecussions for the market going forward.

I personally think the market is being manipulated to push for a rate increase.

Eazvreh.jpg

Surprised many people pulled out of ARKK really given they go for Disruptive Companies.

Mostly have my Stocks in Value or Dividends and only have like...2 in Growth? (as in large amounts of money in them)

I went from 40% up to 30% up so not too bad really given I am heavily weighted in a Growth Tech stock. (then again, I bought it near its lows and it is a brand new company on the NYSE)

ManofOne

Plus Member
ManofOne, how much upside do banks have right now? I get why commodities are doing well but why banks?

Interest rate help banks. Higher rates mean more money. However banks are reducing their interest rates risk by shifting to non interest income like fees and transaction costs.

Goldman Sachs for instance started accepting deposits and providing loans. So when rates are low and liquidity is high. Your average rate on a deposit is fairly low but the interest rate often varies based on the yield curve.

So it leads to higher Net Interest Margins on loans and higher interest income on investments

Bc of BASEL, Banks have a capital requirement they must maintain so you probably won’t see a bank fail unless they REALLLY FUCK UP

Last edited:

Honey Bunny

Interest rate help banks. Higher rates mean more money. However banks are reducing their interest rates risk by shifting to non interest income like fees and transaction costs.

Goldman Sachs for instance started accepting deposits and providing loans. So when rates are low and liquidity is high. Your average rate on a deposit is fairly low but the interest rate often varies based on the yield curve.

So it leads to higher Net Interest Margins on loans and higher interest income on investments

Bc of BASEL, Banks have a capital requirement they must maintain so you probably won’t see a bank fail unless they REALLLY FUCK UP
Thanks.

On the last point though, I did learn the other day the EU amazingly counts a bank's investment in software as capital, lol.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Thanks.

On the last point though, I did learn the other day the EU amazingly counts a bank's investment in software as capital, lol.

Yah you're also seeing non banking raise fees too to reduce interest rate risk. VISA and Master Card raising swiping fees, Paypal roling out new transaction cost mechanism etc.

Top Bottom