• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are we seeing increased XSX stock levels now?

So, are we seeing more XSX stock after Phil announced that they were ramping up production?
First time I have seen XSX stock in over 12 months. Seen at Costco, which was the last place I saw XSX stock as well.

They had a nice discount on both of them as well.

Ozriel

M$FT
XxFDcaG.jpg

Looks like they’ve finally gotten enough stock to end the waitlist on Amazon US for the console alone (not bundles)

Tams

XSX sales shot up massively in Japan. Apparently stock was a issue there as they sold 20k in two weeks vs the several hundred the weeks before. No idea if the trend will continue.

I mean, that is around a 3,700% increase from the end of May, if that makes you feel better.

Just don't look at the actual numbers sold.

Zathalus

I mean, that is around a 3,700% increase from the end of May, if that makes you feel better.

Just don't look at the actual numbers sold.
Actual numbers are fine. 10k a week is great for Xbox. It's never going to do PS or Switch numbers in Japan. The several hundred per week they were doing was terrible, especially compared to last year

Mozza

So, are we seeing more XSX stock after Phil announced that they were ramping up production?
First time I have seen XSX stock in over 12 months. Seen at Costco, which was the last place I saw XSX stock as well.

They had a nice discount on both of them as well.
In the UK you have been able to buy both the Series X and PS5 for quite a while now, and the consoles on their own as well as bundles.

LordCBH

Took Amazon two weeks to ship my Diablo bundle even though it said 2 day shipping when I ordered it with a delivery date of two days after I ordered it.

The annoying thing? They didn’t ship it with 2 day when they finally shipped it. Might complain to support that I didn’t get the two day shipping the listing said was included.

in the UK you've been able to buy a Series X for fucking months now. I'd probably say well over a year. Only this year has the PS5 came into stock but I wouldn't buy one now.

In the UK you have been able to buy both the Series X and PS5 for quite a while now, and the consoles on their own as well as bundles.
Xbox for a long time but PS5 only recently and I do mean months.

Did the price on them drop a little or go up a little recently?
Sony hiked the prices away last year but Microsoft has recently put up prices.

Here it's only by £30. They both launched at £450 and are now £480. Well you can still buy a Series X for £450. I'm not sure if the MS price rise is official yet here in the UK.

PS5 digital is £390. So if I ever need a PS5 i can just buy that and save money. Who needs a disc drive in 2023 anyway.

Last edited:

Mozza

in the UK you've been able to buy a Series X for fucking months now. I'd probably say well over a year. Only this year has the PS5 came into stock but I wouldn't buy one now.

Xbox for a long time but PS5 only recently and I do mean months.

Sony hiked the prices away last year but Microsoft has recently put up prices.

Here it's only by £30. They both launched at £450 and are now £480. Well you can still buy a Series X for £450. I'm not sure if the MS price rise is official yet here in the UK.

PS5 digital is £390. So if I ever need a PS5 i can just buy that and save money. Who needs a disc drive in 2023 anyway.
The PS5 has been easily available in the U.K since late 2022, bundles at first, then the stand alone consoles, not sure what you are trying to suggest here.

Nice to see there is still someone defending the PS5's honor, and it's scarcity. ;)

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned
Pro Tip for Europeans: Amazon has a 30% Warehousedeal offer, you can get a Series X for 300 Euro if you are lucky.

Kacho

Seems like it. You can buy the console only sku on Amazon now without having to wait for stock to replenish.

MarkMe2525

Both consoles still aren't readily available in every store. I am in Walmart and Target weekly and have seen maybe 3 PS5 and 1 XSX over the past few years. Of course anecdotel, but it still shows that one cannot just walk in a store and be guaranteed to walk out with one.

Do they use the Xbox SX chip for their cloud? Or they just use off the shelf PC for that purpose?
I don't know if things have changed, but they were initially using the XSX chip. It was designed for general purpose cloud applications in addition to gaming.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
xsx was always in stock here in Poland. Nobody buys it.
But only recently, I've started noticing ps5 just sitting in the store... for like 700$ in bundles. fuck media markt

TexMex

It’s been ages since it was hard to get a Series X. I thought the same when he made the comment recently. I don’t know who is experiencing Xbox shortages but it definitely isn’t the US.

MarkMe2525

xsx was always in stock here in Poland. Nobody buys it.
But only recently, I've started noticing ps5 just sitting in the store... for like 700$ in bundles. fuck media market.
Something is wrong with the data in May, but according to some sources Xbox has only 8.21% of the market share as of April 2023. I'm referring to Poland specifically.

Last edited:

DryvBy

Not sure. I never saw them out of stock except for a few days when Phil said the supply would increase.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Something is wrong with the data in May, but according to some sources Xbox has only 8.21% of the market share as of April 2023. I'm referring to Poland specifically.
lol I wonder if nintendo is really this low.
A lot of people had xbox 360. Then ps4. Barely anybody also got ps5... but nobody I know got a switch lol

tmlDan

It's always been available anywhere i look , im not sure this stock thing is a reality honestly.

It's even in stores everywhere here

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I don't know if things have changed, but they were initially using the XSX chip. It was designed for general purpose cloud applications in addition to gaming.

Most likely that's what is affecting their supply to the market. Sony went with the smarter choice of dropping cloud gaming for PS5 games and focusing on saturating the market with what pays the most.

MarkMe2525

It's always been available anywhere i look , im not sure this stock thing is a reality honestly.

It's even in stores everywhere here
Different markets, like I stated earlier in this thread, I'm in Walmart and Target weekly and have only seen a few PS5s and one XSX over the past couple of years. Southeast US

Most likely that's what is affecting their supply to the market. Sony went with the smarter choice of dropping cloud gaming for PS5 games and focusing on saturating the market with what pays the most.
Yeah, they are betting that it pays off long term, but I am skeptical. At least they are able to run general purpose windows instances on the chips. Even if xcloud doesn't ever grow, the chips will not go to waste.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Different markets, like I stated earlier in this thread, I'm in Walmart and Target weekly and have only seen a few PS5s and one XSX over the past couple of years. Southeast US

Then maybe Xbox is doing a poor job with console allocation by market, they should be able to know where demand is based on regional sales and distribute accordingly.

Sounds like a logistical issue

MarkMe2525

Then maybe Xbox is doing a poor job with console allocation by market, they should be able to know where demand is based on regional sales and distribute accordingly.

Sounds like a logistical issue
Are you in a large market? I live in a small-mid buying market, so it makes sense from a logistical standpoint why we don't get as many consoles. Remember, I'm speaking about both consoles.

Alas, anecdotel experience doesn't really speak to the whole. You can find examples on here where people state their local stores have loads of XSX in stock or PS5 in stock. I wouldn't take our 2 anecdotel examples as evidence to some logistical issue for either Sony or MS.

Codes 208

Not only have they been readily available around the twin cities for nearly a year, but plenty of places, my store included, have had them as overstock for mooonths.

tmlDan

Are you in a large market? I live in a small-mid buying market, so it makes sense from a logistical standpoint why we don't get as many consoles. Remember, I'm speaking about both consoles.

Alas, anecdotel experience doesn't really speak to the whole. You can find examples on here where people state their local stores have loads of XSX in stock or PS5 in stock. I wouldn't take our 2 anecdotel examples as evidence to some logistical issue for either Sony or MS.
I am in Canada, in the Toronto area so ya, i would consider it a large market.

Obviously, it depends on where you are but if consoles are sitting on the shelves, even in smaller markets, its poor logistical product distribution.

Not surprising coming from a primarily software company.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I am in Canada, in the Toronto area so ya, i would consider it a large market.

Obviously, it depends on where you are but if consoles are sitting on the shelves, even in smaller markets, its poor logistical product distribution.

Not surprising coming from a primarily software company.
Ok, well I would say there is more information needed before one could call it "poor logistical" choices. I would imagine no company has a perfected supply chain and you will always find pockets of understocked and overstocked products.

I find your assertion and confidence in such assertions misguided. Of course, it's your prerogative to believe whatever you want.

Edit: I forgot to mention that MS does not dictate to which individual stores these skus get distributed. Microsoft fulfills orders to retailers, and then the retailers distribute the products amongst their locations. Your assertion is based on a misunderstanding of the retail chain pipeline.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Ok, well I would say there is more information needed before one could call it "poor logistical" choices. I would imagine no company has a perfected supply chain and you will always find pockets of understocked and overstocked products.

I find your assertion and confidence in such assertions misguided. Of course, it's your prerogative to believe whatever you want.

Edit: I forgot to mention that MS does not dictate to which individual stores these skus get distributed. Microsoft fulfills orders to retailers, and then the retailers distribute the products amongst their locations. Your assertion is based on a misunderstanding of the retail chain pipeline.
it's a forum, we're making educated guesses but in every thread about this topic people are all saying its widely available.

I haven't even seen any complaints online about availability anywhere but out of MS or Phil Spencer's mouth.

MarkMe2525

it's a forum, we're making educated guesses but in every thread about this topic people are all saying its widely available.

I haven't even seen any complaints online about availability anywhere but out of MS or Phil Spencer's mouth.
Yes, people who have a counter experience to what is asserted are more likely to say something. That isn't evidence, just general psychology. You cannot know how many people see the headline and don't say anything due to their being no conflict with their experience.

Roxkis_ii

Man, the series x has been $400 on Facebook market place for a long while now. Glad it's stores now for people who want them new I guess.

Top Bottom