• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

While it's never nice seeing people lose money overnight like that, the silver lining might be that some of these "to the moon" morons fuck off for good after this. From reading around some of these guys were banking on CCIV to cover their GME losses. It was always going to end in tears.
Absolutely. I even got caught on ITRM. Could have sold for 200% gain but it got too hot and had to settle for 100%. Not a brag, but just saying my emotion and greed cost me some profit because I thought it could higher.

Devil currently sat on my shoulder:

“Buy the dip, coward.”

I want to buy the dip, but I only buy when down 10% or more. Everything has recovered a bit already since I checked at 6am.

Wondering if RIOT is good here or if I would wait a little more.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
0RFqCSa.jpg

Dow looking nice today. They should have left XOM there

GHG

Gold Member
BLOK is the only thing coming back significantly so far.

That one ETF has been carrying my portfolio for the last week.

Help a dummy out if you don't mind. Why did CCIV take such a big hit on the merger news?
I’m not a professional, I’m just going to say it went too high too fast and people cashed out.

Also, “buy the rumor, sell the news”.

Share price was inflated due to rumor of Lucid being the target. Once confirmed, people took their profits.

Keep an eye on OLED, if it dips below $200 I think it’s a solid buy.

OLED owns the patents to most OLED tech that companies like LG uses to produce televisions and phones. Lighting too. They also manufacture some of the raw materials that actually go into these devices.

They are also spinning off a company, OVJP, which is a jet printing company for OLED that should ultimately lower the price of TVs etc.

They’re a solid revenue maker right now and they got beat down on a one-time accounting thing due to covid, and despite a massive earnings report.

Just an idea. I think it looks ultra-attractive if this gets to the $180 area or lower.

If they keep executing a share price north of $260 or greater wouldn’t be a surprise later this year and beyond.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I want to buy the dip, but I only buy when down 10% or more. Everything has recovered a bit already since I checked at 6am.

Wondering if RIOT is good here or if I would wait a little more.

Annoyingly, SMT.L was near ten percent down this morning, but I was distracted with work, and now it’s bounced back 5%, and likely to rally higher.

Being wiped out pre market.

I'm done for now, no more holding stocks for me. Day trades only, this is only going to get worse.

I'm up in the premarket due to having a lot of SPHD. I'd be just as happy for it to go down though, more shares for me. This is why I buy dividend etfs. I plan to hold a very long time regardless of the price.

Edit: and now I'm down. Don't care, I'm holding for the long term.

Last edited:

BigBooper

NGA down 6% premarket while down 7.4% yesterday too. Is the SPAC money train done? Chamath announced more that he's churning out, but it seems like public sentiment is shifting. I'm curious how his new ones go. His others have been pretty successful. I'm not going to get on them though.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Down 5%. Sold a few stocks I was breaking even or down 10% as a whole.

The stocks down 5-10% this morning I'm holding.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
Jesus Christ.

Don't want to sound like an asshole but please diversify.

Sorry to hear you guys down so much. Don't panic sell your best positions they will recover with time if they are strong companies.

ManofOne

Plus Member
I bought ON today. Only put 1/3 of what I would normally put. If I allocate more if the prices falls further.

Bought more ALLY and reduced my holding of LTHM

Raven117

ManofOne is obviously your go to resource on this thread, that said, if y’all are dead serious about investing/trading, trying to chase the upswing in penny stocks (or anything under 5 bucks) is a pretty risky way to do it.

I’ve taken a much more modest strategy and am continuing to see some gains.

if you feel like gambling, go for it, but know that that is what it is.

ManofOne

Plus Member
I know oil is trading up, but I’m unclear as to why. Have any dd?

Low equity duration. Tech has the largest exposure to high 10 year yields. So valuations are resetting. No clue when it ends.

My oil positions and commodities flying high today. They have the lowest equity duration

ManofOne

Plus Member
Went from $106k last week in my Portfolio, to $88k this morning. I want to fucking cry....but instead I just purchased 6 more shares of TSLA.
Stressed Russell Tovey GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

by low volatility stocks away from tech as well.

Everything will rise this year. US expecting 6.5% growth this year so all your STRONG positions will recover eventually. Don’t panic sell.
Don’t buy penny stock or meme stocks.

ManofOne

Plus Member
PayPal looking nice I think it could go as low as $255.00.

I liking its price. I’ll wait further since they are tied to ARK funds

Last edited:

Dynasty8

by low volatility stocks away from tech as well.

Everything will rise this year. US expecting 6.5% growth this year so all your STRONG positions will recover eventually. Don’t panic sell.
Don’t buy penny stock or meme stocks.

Appreciate the help.

I am done with penny stocks. Most of my portfolio consists of ARK and other ETFs (70%) and 15% is in stuff like AAPL, MSFT, and TSLA. I hope I see a healthy recovery on those...any idea how long corrections take to recover? I know crashes can sometimes take years to recover, not including the Covid crash last March.

I won't panic sell...I already did with crypto last night, but I was getting 2018 PTSD seeing how fast it was dropping, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't part of that again.

GHG

Gold Member
Bought the dips of LTHM and BLOK earlier along with trimming out of AAPL and ARKK.

Still very much a red day but I'm much happier with the composition of my portfolio now.

Onwards and upwards.

I'm probably an idiot for doing this, but this morning I:

Averaged down on PLTR to add to my position
Averaged up on my position in PSTH (Bill Ackman spac)
Started a position in GSAH (Goldman Sachs spac)
Averaged up in FSR to round out my position
Averaged up in BCRX to round out my position
Averaged up in TDAC warrants a little, price was just too good (Lottery.com spac)

I really hope I didn't jump the gun, but everything I did today was on equities down > 10% (except BCRX, it was showing insane strength)

Last edited:
Top Bottom