• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Butt developer axes two angry feminists during Tencent shareholder call

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

I thought feminist would be happy, because it's empowering women having a strong willed female character that isn't afraid of showing skin when she wants to.
It's really just whatever they feel like at the moment. If they like it, then it's empowering, if they don't, it's objectifying and misogynist.
This is why you can't reason with them, nor try to appease them. You just have to ignore them, which is what everyone should have done from the very beginning.

Last edited:
Peterson is a sham optimistic platitudes out the wazoo watch his interview with David benatar

"Sham" is a bad-faith accusation, and I don't really find Peterson to be optimistic or platitudinous. He can be especially pessimistic at times, depending on the topic. He says a lot that I agree with, and especially lately, also a fair bit that I disagree with. Ironically enough, why does it have to be a binary? With him or against him, sham or savior, bad person or good person? People are more nuanced than that.

They call that the 'male gaze' , they don't want any man to even look at ladies. If you do you are "assaulting with your gaze" , lol.

I think you're using that term wrong, but feminists themselves use it incorrectly all the time as well. The male gaze generally refers to camera angles and movements in movies and television that display women in an especially sexualized way. It's not the clothing, it's the closeups. Same thing absolutely happens to men on screen as well, which makes sense. It seems there's often an ignored double standard to these things, when it comes to one being offensive and the other nobody caring about. But I'll also admit that women are more likely to be displayed with these sort of camera movements, especially in older movies.

As for the story itself, I went looking for the tweets so I could understand both sides of the situation, but apparently she removed her account or something. If it's true, I would think a shareholder meeting is quite literally the last place you'd ever want to criticize the product you're making, so it makes sense that anyone doing that would be immediately fired.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Let developers make whatever kind of characters they want.
Whether they are hot AF, or just normal looking, or even characters that aren't "attractive".

Stellar = Great
Abby = Great
Elena = Great
Bayonetta = Great

It's tiresome seeing snowflakes getting triggered that a character is "too attractive", or "not attractive enough".

laynelane

The modern feminist doesn't understand that in her quest to show her strength, she only reveals how weak she is. This insistence to shape every last element of the world around them to their ideal shows they can only thrive from a position of absolute comfort and control at the expense of anyone and everyone else. It has become an entirely narcissistic movement. I wouldn't be surprised if a large number of Western social issues start going away the moment modern feminism dies.

What bothers me is that there's still a lot of issues with how women are treated in the world. I don't want to get political, but it's a gamut of issues -from pay equity to the lives and personal safety of girls and women in different countries of the world. That's also what feminism covers, trying to effect change and help women who are suffering. But now, thanks largely to these insane ideologists calling themselves feminists, the very concept has become tainted for many people.

In reality, the ones that want to police video games and how we look at them, are just another facet of the 'SJW' phenomenon (wasn't really sure how else to put it). People who bludgeon others with their views for their own ego and self-gratitude with no dissent or nuance allowed. And the main issue is that too many in the gaming industry have started to listen.

stn

At the end of the day, to me personally it doesn't matter if a game developer decides to sexualize either a male or female character. Its up to them to make the game they want and its up to me to buy it if I want or avoid buying it because sexualized characters offend me. I have always found it really odd that people get upset over sexualized characters but not over the excessive violence and gore that exists in tons of games. For example, people complained about how NRS sexualizes its female characters, so they changed the artistic approach with Mortal Kombat 1. Fine. But those same people didn't blink an eye at the guts flying, spines being ripped out, heads being decapitated, etc...

Last edited:
Back in 2014?, during gaf's dark days, I mentioned liking "bikini armor" and I had some angry cunt tell me that they "don't want to take away all your bikini armor games" (paraphasing).

In reality, they do want to take them ALL away.

Kupfer

LOL feminists in South Korea are not like the western feminists, this is a serious issue. GAF is dreaming up imaginary situations and celebrating a dev getting fired (as you will learn through this post they are essentially blacklisted from the industry since you are now under the watch of a certain forum who will freak out if said dev is involved in anything again).

Incase people are not aware, since they never looked it up.
Korean game devs are known to fire female animators to please a certain forum.
Apparently this is offensive to some males because it means "small pp".
eifIVc6.gif

The said online communities also attacked Jammi over a screenshot from her May 2019 live broadcast—of the streamer holding up her fingers in a pinching motion (which, by 2021, became a trigger in Korean gender wars). While Jammi had been mentioning how small the chatroom font seemed on her mobile device, the online communities circulated the screenshot as the streamer hinting at her radical feminist ideals. Subsequently, Jammi received backlash for the allegedly intentional use of some verbiage associated with radical feminism in her broadcasts as well.
mfcUqJadeXVll64lu5XKJ4FMhmiBKkcNYKUK-DVPWkrZapEXEFlO0DFM9QSRd4Vy6oTcQ-LH7nav_bbvzSBZn_hmEuxdsqFzdCRM6dDaI0A7nVM=w960-rj-l80-nu-e365
Personally, I don't think streamers should be committing suicide or animators/game devs fired because some forum users think a girl made the "small pp gesture".
WoyLwlo.jpg

PqeiwP0.png

First clip that did not censor hand gestures.

The broadcasting company reuploaded it by censoring them.
RxI2HRi.png

gnZpCR7.png

nc6NDGX.png

S3UDmpi.png
GALxb7hacAEAh3u.jpg:large

kw0ko3g2y13c1.png

idepwn78y13c1.png

5tzk7bj9y13c1.png

62h778tay13c1.png

l6ndi6oby13c1.png

b7jpdr9cy13c1.png

j1eq0q1dy13c1.png

d3019judy13c1.png

549jc9hey13c1.png

e7i2fx4fy13c1.png

xlyebmufy13c1.png

In this case, a korean dev fired an employee for "being a feminist". We don't know what she did and already dreaming up situations. If it was something like her animating a "small pp gesture" into the game or having an account and posting in some feminist forums/megalia knock-offs, is it ethical to support this move?
Police said he had attacked the woman because she had short hair, and so assumed she was a feminist.
"Since you have short hair, you must be a feminist. I'm a male chauvinist, and I think feminists deserve to be assaulted," he told her, according to the police.
The anonymous writer, who posted it on Sunday, claimed to be part of the hiring process at their company, and that their policy is to eliminate all applicants who graduated from women's universities. "It's not like we exclude all women but if (the applicant) is from a women's college, we don't even read the resume," the person wrote.

It was a light-hearted comment with a wink from me.
We do not know the circumstances and have no insight into this case, so the post is formulated in such a way that the content is not presented as fact, just one of 10,000 possibilities and made up in my mind.

Of course, serious social problems should not be swept under the carpet. But this example shows how negatively influenced and oversaturated we have become with this topic, because there are people clamouring for attention who exploit topic X (it doesn't matter which one, the main thing is that the image of the corresponding victim role is currently in vogue) in order to live out their delusions and attention deficit.

The irony here is that the flood of self-proclaimed twitter social justice warriors may mean that those genuinely affected, who urgently need help in difficult life situations, may no longer be taken seriously by outsiders, and that these SJWs may have the opposite effect of what they actually propagate. A further indication that it is not about an issue of conviction, but about external confirmation of one's own self-perception, which one obtains via "social" networks.

Whitecrow

Banned
What bothers me is that there's still a lot of issues with how women are treated in the world. I don't want to get political, but it's a gamut of issues -from pay equity to the lives and personal safety of girls and women in different countries of the world. That's also what feminism covers, trying to effect change and help women who are suffering. But now, thanks largely to these insane ideologists calling themselves feminists, the very concept has become tainted for many people.

In reality, the ones that want to police video games and how we look at them, are just another facet of the 'SJW' phenomenon (wasn't really sure how else to put it). People who bludgeon others with their views for their own ego and self-gratitude with no dissent or nuance allowed. And the main issue is that too many in the gaming industry have started to listen.
There's also a gamut of issues on why feminisms is rejected as it is.
Maybe if women want those problems fixed, they should stop attacking men for being men, be conscious and aware of human and society problems, ask for feasible goals, instead of making everyone angry for the existence of hunger in the world, like if it could be fixed in the flip of a switch.

They would get a lot more things done if they acted like civilized people, with common sense, and showed signs of good will against men, and also tolerance against dissenting views, but feminism is now the definition of people who DONT do those basic normal people things, so no wonder why so many people are againts them.

laynelane

There's also a gamut of issues on why feminisms is rejected as it is.
Maybe if women want those problems fixed, they should stop attacking men for being men, be conscious and aware of human and society problems, ask for feasible goals, instead of making everyone angry for the existence of hunger in the world, like if it could be fixed in the flip of a switch.

They would get a lot more things done if they acted like civilized people, with common sense, and showed signs of good will against men, and also tolerance against dissenting views, but feminism is now the definition of people who DONT do those basic normal people things, so no wonder why so many people are againts them.

Yeah, and it's a problem when all feminists are painted with the same brush. The loudest and most extreme have become the focus for far too long. Targeting all men as the enemy, women who don't agree as the enemy - it's so counter-productive. I don't know whether it's social media amplification that is the problem, but it often seems like the key issues are lost in all the rage.

Those terms were not in the public conscious outside of fringe college gender studies courses. The feminism push didn't happen until around 2014, with Sarkesian, mattress girl, mee too, etc..
Before that there was no culture war that we see in gaming today.

Also back then the websites like IGN, gamespot etc, weren't all woke either. Hell I remember IGN doing babe of the week and Babeology:
Here is a blast from the past, of course the USA ones are wiped off the net, lol.

That was from 2012... before the Sarkesian cult was started. It was also before the masses all had smart phones.
Bayonetta came out in 2009, way before this even. So you can imagine the difference.

Its what I find so strange as some of the same staff were at these websites and like a switch, or marching orders from on high, changed from promoting stuff like this to calling people misogynists and promoting feminism. Seen it in almost real time the cascade of brainwaves been triggered a different direction. And I felt like the world was going insane. This website went through a similar transition too.

I do remember mattress girl. I remember how crazy she got as time went on. I'm from that city/suburbs. So I remember when that Feminazi virus started to show up

Let's just say I remember when it started too in 2014. I would argue that it was there before but it wasn't as accepted or could be ignored by people who don't believe it

There were a lot less stuff back than that had those feminazi themes in it so it was easier to avoid. Not to mention websites weren't like what they are now. They were fine showing attractive sexy women. And didn't mind fanservice. A good example of this is sites like RPGAMER and RPGFAN. They I noticed started to not only deride fanservice but started to get more and more SJW in certain things too.

I used to listen to both RPGFAN And RPGAMER podcasts but they hire the same feminazi cunt who won't stop running her mouth on things. I stopped listening when on one of the podcasts she started to go off on the main villain of Persona 4 and how much it triggers her. It really rubbed me the wrong way. So yeah, I basically drop anything right away or give a bad grade to it if I see an ounce of Feminazism and SJW shit in it

Last edited:
Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

It's like common sense is slowly replacing Woke-ism. Are we going back to normal? Here's hoping!

People shoehorning in private agendas should be sacked on the spot. Piss off with all that Woke/ Cancel/ inclusiveness/ lhbgtibbq shit.

Glad to see it's dying down. Guess screetching for attention is finally starting to backfire.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

It's like common sense is slowly replacing Woke-ism. Are we going back to normal? Here's hoping!

People shoehorning in private agendas should be sacked on the spot. Piss off with all that Woke/ Cancel/ inclusiveness/ lhbgtibbq shit.

Glad to see it's dying down. Guess screetching for attention is finally starting to backfire.
exactly. let good looking people be goo looking and we all benefit

Same ol G

Funny thing is her butt isn't even that big.
It's just the design that accentuates the ass.
I love the developers focus on the ass, the design really reflects they are ass not boob dudes.

Funny thing is her butt isn't even that big.
It's just the design that accentuates the ass.
I love the developers focus on the ass, the design really reflects they are ass not boob dudes.

I'm a fan of both, 2B ass is nicer but we need to go back to more female characters like her. The environments have been a massive leap but most of the time if it's western the characters aren't attractive, with the only exception being the male characters

Than there's The Female Gaze which is seen perfectly as acceptable which is just bullshit

CGNoire

Slightly off topic but you know what I love about that clip? It's all bs.

She "sobs" then after a few seconds, stops and in the corner of her eye checks to see if the camera is still on her. Then back to the fake sob leading up to a loudmouth obnoxious noooooooo.

All a performance lol.
She?

Roxkis_ii

Shareholders call in action:

tenor.gif

Naw this studio is fire!

I might buy two copies of the game and pre-order one just to show support.

Edit:

"Less pandering" is an unfortunate word choice when describing a game mostly sold on the basis of ass cheeks.

It always going to be pandering, it's just what direction it's aimed at.

Last edited:
In all seriousness though, this is yet another game that will get more renown for the sexualized protagonist than for the gameplay.

Bayonetta did it right, but that requires Japanese talent.

Funny enough I thought so too which isn't a bad thing though

That 10 min video showed lot of gameplay and it looks like they really added alot of interesting side stuff to do like even I think helping building a town if I remember correctly.

I'll be waiting for this game to come to Steam. I can wait for however long it takes. I'm happy for the PS5 players though

Kssio_Aug

It's super unfair what they've done and are still trying to do to him. I have never seen him escalate a discussion, he always acts politely and give good arguments when debating. Then some people get angry against him and try to destroy his credibility and career because they can't debate on the same level. The guy seems a very good person and has suffered tons of serious problems in life, and yet some people go against him with blood in their eyes... just crazy.

I'm not even against feminism, I believe it's an important movement for woman rights. But I hate people, from whichever line of thinking, that lose reason and try to destroy other honest and reasonable people career or life just because they hold a different view and a much stronger argument. The problem relies on extremists.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

It's super unfair what they've done and are still trying to do to him. I have never seen him escalate a discussion, he always acts politely and give good arguments when debating. Then some people get angry against him and try to destroy his credibility and career because they can't debate on the same level. The guy seems a very good person and has suffered tons of serious problems in life, and yet some people go against him with blood in their eyes... just crazy.

I'm not even against feminism, I believe it's an important movement for woman rights. But I hate people, from whichever line of thinking, that lose reason and try to destroy other honest and reasonable people career or life just because they hold a different view and a much stronger argument. The problem relies on extremists.

Have we been looking at the same tweets? Jp Twitter is unhinged.

FuCG4Qo.png

Bro what Emo do to deserve that?

Edit: This has been found to be a fake tweet.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

Have we been looking at the same tweets? Jp Twitter is unhinged.

FuCG4Qo.png

Bro what Emo do to deserve that?
Is this twitter post real? I might end up being wrong, but I really doubt it, because it seems completely out of character from everything I've seen of him.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Thats nonsense. Im sure people wouldnt be nearly as excited for this game if it didnt have good interesting gameplay. There just praising the "ass"ets disporportionatly to get a rise out of the slacktivist crowd.
I don't mean this as a commentary on the game's substance, I am just pointing out that it seems to be doing a bit of pandering to a certain audience...

winjer

Gold Member
I don't mean this as a commentary on the game's substance, I am just pointing out that it seems to be doing a bit of pandering to a certain audience...

The game does look good, with a cool combat system, great action and nice graphics.
The pretty girl character is just the icing on the cake.
For most of us, it's just a nice extra. But for the sjw people, it's a crime against humanity.
And that they react so viciously, is just too funny not to enjoy. Schadenfreude.

Roxkis_ii

Is this twitter post real? I might end up being wrong, but I really doubt it, because it seems completely out of character from everything I've seen of him.

Not too out of character (I laughed at this one, but I don't think drag queens are predators)

WLSk0fW.png

Now I do have to admit that I have been viewing his tweets through posts on reddit, so I did only see his most unhinged tweets, but after actually checking out his tweeter, it's mostly just old man yelling at the clouds type post.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The game does look good, with a cool combat system, great action and nice graphics.
The pretty girl character is just the icing on the cake.
For most of us, it's just a nice extra. But for the sjw people, it's a crime against humanity.
And that they react so viciously, is just too funny not to enjoy. Schadenfreude.
This game does not have the profile to be a culture war touchstone, but I know how people very much like to imagine people fighting with them in their head. Schadenfreude is a big mover these days.

And that's a bad thing?
I don't care either way, I'm just pointing out the irony of phrasing it as "not pandering."

Last edited:
Roxkis_ii Roxkis_ii Tweets are tweets. You can find and embed them. They're real, and they're documented. Images can be altered. You should maybe consider not posting tweets that are images designed to make people look bad, and fool people into thinking that they're real. You might also consider deleting the ones you've posted already, unless you can actually verify them.

I looked into the first post to see who Peterson actually was writing that reply to, and I couldn't find it. Even the text itself might be made up. Outside of verified images of now deleted tweets, if you're going to post tweets, it's a good idea to post actual tweets.

Mister Wolf

No. It's here to stay in the West at least for our entire lifetime. The Korean men never let feminism take over like we did. Does anyone believe a company like Sweet Baby Inc would even exist over there, let alone be able to be profitable.

Top Bottom