• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Butt developer axes two angry feminists during Tencent shareholder call

"Developing story"
"Aug 23 2023"
James Franco Reaction GIF

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Which makes one wonder why a group of these feminist women don't just band together and open their own studio. You will quickly find that they probably can't even stand each other.
I think that’s part of it. I also think that the people with actual skills (business sense, leadership, technical ability) aren’t the ones obsessing over airing grievances and trying to correct society’s perceived wrongs.

I also think the true believer types are a tiny, vocal minority. Most of the others are just going along with it because they have nothing to gain and everything to lose by speaking up. But they’re not going to quit a well paying job at an established company in order to join a startup focused on pushing a woke agenda.

Filben

This fucking language and how people use it with these hyperboles. If you call yourself a """victim""" because of that you're doing victims of real serious misdeeds a great disservice.

God knows what was the reason of how the contract was cancelled. Maybe your work just sucked. Maybe you were too expensive. Maybe you didn't deliver on time or didn't realize the vision of your commissioner to their liking. Don't make this about a political movement and ideology unless you have actual proof and can back up what you're saying. And from my experience, Twitter (or fucking X) isn't the right place for that and rarely seen evidence.

Also, starting your argument with "boycott XYZ" isn't good looking either. Instead of asking for clearance or resolution or providing insights beyond mere grandstand play she's asking for action. This is pure opportunism.

Last edited:

killatopak

Internalized Misogyny

Surprised they didn't use that
That's a new tactic and they did use it once Bayonetta 2 released. However, it was generally accepted by casuals at that point so it didn't gain traction.

Comments like Kamiya and the rest are men and can influence the character designer and even questioning her upbringing in a male centric workplace.

It's all very contradictory to me. To empower women and then criticize them for their choices in the same breadth.

It's like a nun who wants to be an Only Fans model but not the negative stuff associated with it.

Saber

Gold Member
Feminists want to have freedom to be sex symbols, but not be sex symbols at the same time. Weird people.

Story of their life.

Media and games sexualizing women? Bad people, mysonogysts, haters, etc.

Complain about women selling their body, showing their naked body on twitch(which is acessed by kids) and onlyfans for real money? Bad people, mysonogysts, haters, etc.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I appreciate that Asian men didn't allow feminism to destroy their society. They have their own issues, but kowtowing and bending the knee to feminists like us Western men isn't one of them.

The other Tweet literally talks about Tencent censoring the game to appease China, because it’s coming there.

“Beware of Bait and Switch”.

Everyone’s hung up on the headline.

Dr_Ifto

No it makes perfect sense. They are a supremacist movement. Their logic is that women should be the only ones allowed to use female sexuality for profit, manipulation, control, influence, etc.
Didnt say it didnt make sense. Just that they are weird.
Story of their life.

Media and games sexualizing women? Bad people, mysonogysts, haters, etc.

Women selling their body, showing their naked body on twitch(which is acessed by kids) and onlyfans for real money? Bad people, mysonogysts, haters, etc.
Seriously, cant catch a break.

Mister Wolf

The other Tweet literally talks about Tencent censoring the game to appease China, because it’s coming there.

“Beware of Bait and Switch”.

Everyone’s hung up on the headline.

I already addressed China's censorship. That shit has absolutely zero to do with feminism SmokedMeat. Unless you think there is some secret cabal of feminists in Saudi Arabia directing their censorship efforts as well.

Last edited:

laynelane

The call to boycott was so successful, I never heard of it until today. Also, if a person's response to being let go is to go on Twitter and try to undermine the product and make it all about herself - then I suspect there are more reasons than just being a feminist for why she was fired.

The call to boycott was so successful, I never heard of it until today. Also, if a person's response to being let go is to go on Twitter and try to undermine the product and make it all about herself - then I suspect there are more reasons than just being a feminist for why she was fired.

Being a sociopathic narcissist would be one of them

I love thread title :messenger_heart:

project-eve-hyung-tae-kim.gif
Rear Automata indeed!

I'm curious why the people supposedly fired are upset. Is it because just the one character is sexualized and not the men (a valid criticism) or is it because a woman was sexualized at all? BG3 had crazy sexiness dripping everywhere -literally- and aside from the asexual prudes calling everyone a pervert it wasn't really hit with claims of sexism.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I already addressed China's censorship. That shit has absolutely zero to do with feminism SmokedMeat. Unless you think there is some secret cabal of feminists in Saudi Arabia directing their censorship efforts as well.

No, you’re correct. It’s very big with a lot of major western companies.

Ar¢tos

Slightly off topic but you know what I love about that clip? It's all bs.

She "sobs" then after a few seconds, stops and in the corner of her eye checks to see if the camera is still on her. Then back to the fake sob leading up to a loudmouth obnoxious noooooooo.

All a performance lol.
She?
That's not a dude?
😧

I hope they try to boycot this game like they did with Hogwarts.

How the appearance of a character interferes with the quality of a game, which by the way is mature +17? A good character is a good character no matter what. Sam is shirtless in the DS2 trailer and no one talks shit.

Where is all the fat main protagonists in video games btw? Where are they? Close to zero..... representation, right, right? :messenger_poop:

Last edited:
Modern Feminism's allergy to anything resembling female sex appeal is a result of the explosion of obesity in the West. It's thinly veiled jealousy.

"Don't you dare show young boys images of sexy women. That might just inform female beauty standards for them when they're older, and so we fugly obese bitches will struggle to find a date!"

That's what it boils down to at its base.

Astral Dog

Were people this triggered over Bayonetta?
Yep there have always been 'controversy' /discussions, Bayo is a very polarizing character,they talked nonsense with Anita sarkeesian, and more recently because she fell for a dude in the latest game.because the game doesn't take itself so seriously there are some fans though

Its dumb, but because Bayonetta is more of a niche game it doesn't get that much attention,and the arguing changed over the game being exclusive so it kind of fade away.
Bayonetta wouldn't have been made today though, like it was in 2009 also a lot of guys hate her for some reason 🤭 more than women

Most likely what actually happened.

These feminazis from other countries where they are not in power see the west and try those shaming tactics just to get shut down. It's beautiful to see

Women have high emotional intelligence which doesn't make them empathic, it makes them manipulative and dangerous as fuck. Especially attractive women. That's why you never fall for the manipulation. Look at the state of the west.

Last edited:
Top Bottom