• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Looking, Zenimax/Bethsada did a lot of price drops.

Evil Within 60 -> 20
Wolfenstein 60 -> 20
Morrowind 20 - 15
Obvilion 20 -> 15
ESO 50 -> 40
Hunted, Call of Chutulu, etc 10 -> 5

If Morrowind and Oblivion get that 75% off, looks like I'll be able to kill off more of my physical collection.

Evil Within 60 -> 20
Wolfenstein 60 -> 20
Morrowind 20 - 15
Obvilion 20 -> 15
ESO 50 -> 40

That doesn't strike me as the smartest thing to do before a major sale..

With the old prices they could have given much larger % discounts.

kevin1025

Banned

Evil Within 60 -> 20
Wolfenstein 60 -> 20
Morrowind 20 - 15
Obvilion 20 -> 15
ESO 50 -> 40

If Morrowind and Oblivion get that 75% off, looks like I'll be able to kill off more of my physical collection.

The weird thing is that now the Skyrim DLC costs the same as the full game (though I think that price dropped some time ago). I hope they get a decent discount so I can snag the special edition in the fall.

Anteater

Evil Within 60 -> 20
Wolfenstein 60 -> 20
Morrowind 20 - 15
Obvilion 20 -> 15
ESO 50 -> 40

33% off incoming!

Nabs

Evil Within 60 -> 20
Wolfenstein 60 -> 20
Morrowind 20 - 15
Obvilion 20 -> 15
ESO 50 -> 40

Cool, just bought Evil Within.

Volimar

Evil Within 60 -> 20
Wolfenstein 60 -> 20
Morrowind 20 - 15
Obvilion 20 -> 15
ESO 50 -> 40

ESO has come a long way since its launch. I got back into it recently and have been really enjoying it.

neoemonk

Summer Sale is exciting, but not as exciting as it once was since I've been participating in the sales for so many years now. I always manage to pick up a few games though.

Backlogger

The weird thing is that now the Skyrim DLC costs the same as the full game (though I think that price dropped some time ago). I hope they get a decent discount so I can snag the special edition in the fall.

Knowing Bethesda it will be cheaper to buy the complete edition than trying to buy the DLC separately.

I still haven't purchased the final Dishonored DLC. Maybe this will be the sale where it finally happens?

accel

Summer Sale is exciting, but not as exciting as it once was since I've been participating in the sales for so many years now. I always manage to pick up a few games though.

First Summer Sale for me, so I am looking forward to it. :)

--
Also:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (blackcrane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blood of Old -- MB-75FBB825D8D1DC61 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.
Super Distro -- MB-01D32AEF26889184 - Taken by Hakkelus. 2 entrants total.
Overcast -- MB-C910A6BB62A92623
Particula -- MB-663F413BE5B5F651 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Woodle Tree Adventures -- MB-2C13F4AAFABFCF0B - Taken by woopWOOP. 1 entrants total.
Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-D7E225CFB864CC1C - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 1 entrants total.
Steam & Steel: Episode 1 -- MB-6F8B9B36291633AD
Terablaster -- MB-A8A3E3CF78F5B7ED

t1466692185z1.png

neoemonk

First Summer Sale for me, so I am looking forward to it. :)

There's always stuff to pick up of course, but I'll never forget my first two years of sales, just being blown away by the amount of stuff out there. Now it's almost a "complete the collection" type of thing for me.

mp1990

Banned
Gonna be my first Summer Sale too (and my first big sale in general, I managed to snag a few titles in the Winter one but I don't think it counts), I'm pretty excited for it, even though people seem to be a bit apathetic towards it. Probably gonna focus on indies and older titles, as my PC as it is now can't run anything AAA.

I had to play D.Va. I couldn't do it.
Don't you dare.

Xion385

My first Steam sale! :)

Should I expect my wallet to sad after this or myself to be sad from what's the selection is going to be on sale?

I remember before I had a gaming PC that Steam Sales would have bundles of 20 games for like $60 just for people to play like only two of them. Here's hoping that I will find something. I hope some AAA titles will have ridiculous discounts.

gabbo

There's always stuff to pick up of course, but I'll never forget my first two years of sales, just being blown away by the amount of stuff out there. Now it's almost a "complete the collection" type of thing for me.

The only thing I really miss since I never got more than 1 or 2 games a sale, is the metagames Valve put in to keep me interested.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
what are wishlist notes????

When browsing your wishlist with Enhanced Steam, you can click on Links -> Add wishlist note. You can type in whatever you want, such as a reason why it's on your wishlist or what you liked about the game. Then any time you load your wishlist using ES, it will display that note next to the game, similar to my earlier screenshot.

I think it's super handy to know why you might have wishlisted something.

Guess GOG abandoned their reclaim promo

It's looking that way, yeah. I wonder what happened. When GOG Connect first launched, they had a "best of GOG Connect" weekend bundle that had a ton more games in it, which I guess I assumed would be the next round of games on the service. Stuff like Saint's Row and the rest of the Broken Sword games.

ESO has come a long way since its launch. I got back into it recently and have been really enjoying it.

One of the best E3 announcements (for me) was the introduction of "One Tamriel". Meaning that your gear and level will scale based on the zone you're in, meaning you can go anywhere you like without needing to level grind. It's one of the best parts of the DLC content (that's been doing this for ages) and I'm glad it's coming to the main game because that really opens up a lot of content for someone like me who doesn't typically join parties.

gabbo

It's looking that way, yeah. I wonder what happened. When GOG Connect first launched, they had a "best of GOG Connect" weekend bundle that had a ton more games in it, which I guess I assumed would be the next round of games on the service. Stuff like Saint's Row and the rest of the Broken Sword games.

My guess is, like many a GOG-thing, it launched before all the kinks were worked out, and they don't want another 'Site is Closed' style fiasco on their hands. I'm sure it'll keep chugging along in the background

Ezalc

Hoping shovel knight and some racing games have good deals. Maybe I'll finally check out dishonored and skyrim too.

r3n4ud

Few more before the sale
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mountain -- MB-CBB8D6B9EAD56D62 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 1 entrants total.
Metal Slug X -- MB-9690FC72F9498B89 - Taken by animlboogy. 3 entrants total.
Galak Z -- MB-E11D4E172419EF8E - Taken by kevin1025. 7 entrants total.
Metal Slug 3 -- MB-60CD97F7BA8C4E3E - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Rocket League -- MB-DE663D72A38D665C - Taken by gabbo. 4 entrants total.
Doom 3 BFG Edition -- MB-AE6804FFF3D45FD7 - Taken by Grease Bits. 8 entrants total.
Metal Slug -- MB-85312F5CD9F6EE43 - Taken by theMrCravens. 1 entrants total.
JumpJet Rex -- MB-37C368EA60D8AFF0 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-54BB1620EEDDE149 - Taken by jgalat. 1 entrants total.
Infinifactory -- MB-586C6FC9FEEC88EB - Taken by Javier23. 4 entrants total.
Dishonored Definitive Edition -- MB-BCEC889BCB166DC9 - Taken by Xion385. 10 entrants total.
Oddworld New .n. Tasty -- MB-0FD3F41B2ED80E83 - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.
Crawl -- MB-4C222DF206D62ED2 - Taken by derExperte. 3 entrants total.
The Forest -- MB-48592C9CD65009EA - Taken by Kifimbo. 6 entrants total.
Steredenn -- MB-2F1F346879AAD2D3 - Taken by ramoisdead. 2 entrants total.

t1466694632z1.png

Regginator

My first Steam sale! :)

Should I expect my wallet to sad after this or myself to be sad from what's the selection is going to be on sale?

I remember before I had a gaming PC that Steam Sales would have bundles of 20 games for like $60 just for people to play like only two of them. Here's hoping that I will find something. I hope some AAA titles will have ridiculous discounts.

Steam sales are overrated. If you've been using sites like Isthereanydeal.com to notify you of certain games that reach a certain percentage off, the Steam sales often have a worse sale by comparison.

Ruruja

Steam sales are overrated. If you've been using sites like Isthereanydeal.com to notify you of certain games that reach a certain percentage off, the Steam sales often have a worse sale by comparison.

I don't think they're overrated. Sure you can get better deals elsewhere if you wait patiently and keep your eye out through the year, but when you take into account the breadth of titles on sale in Steam it's still great. All the big games will have some sort of discount guaranteed.

The main downer for me personally is once you own a lot of games it's not as special. When I see things like Skyrim for £2 I almost wish I'd never owned the game just so I can get that cracking deal.

I still like the big Steam Sales events because while yes, there are sites that can offer a lower price, there are still some games you can only get on the Steam platform so those are the titles I usually have wish listed and check up on as soon as the sale commences.

Jadax

Steam sales are definitely overrated - you can usually get similar or better deals at other times. The thing that makes Steam Sales so 'important' is that A LOT of games go on steep discounts together - so we don't have to wait around for months for discounts.

Regginator

I don't think they're overrated. Sure you can get better deals elsewhere if you wait patiently and keep your eye out through the year, but when you take into account the breadth of titles on sale in Steam it's still great. All the big games will have some sort of discount guaranteed.

The main downer for me personally is once you own a lot of games it's not as special. When I see things like Skyrim for £2 I almost wish I'd never owned the game just so I can get that cracking deal.

You don't have to keep your eye out the whole year. Select the games your interested in with ITAD and get automatically notified when a game reaches your personal limit.

The only upside to the Steam sales is that usually the other outlets have their own sales either just before or just after, and thus we reap the benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom