• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I have too many backlogged Steam games (yes, having a big backlog is offputting to me), so will try to be very particular about buying games this time around. Maybe after finishing another 40 Steam games, I'll get more gung-ho. Miss having extra free time to play games for hours ...

This is where I am--I don't buy anything unless a) it's a best-ever price for something I plan to play before the next sale or b) it's a best-it-will-ever-be price (i.e. bundle pricing or a price error).

I have too many backlogged Steam games (yes, having a big backlog is offputting to me), so will try to be very particular about buying games this time around. Maybe after finishing another 40 Steam games, I'll get more gung-ho. Miss having extra free time to play games for hours ...

I've done that this year, apart from the endless bundlejunk, that so doesn't count. Just finished my 27th game from my backlog this year, only one The Deadly Tower of Monsters is from this year.

wazoo

Blade Runner...there is hope! I'm so happy this guy loves adventure games. Can't wait for Titanic: Adventure Out of Time, and it would be great to see him secure titles like The Dark Eye, Obsidian, and The Space Bar.

Great taste. Space Bar is almost impossible to find. Since they are 98 games, having a complete package without resorting to virtual machines would be great (DOS games are trivial to emulate using Dosbox).

What's the chance of Ubisoft doing another daily deals of their own this time?

Also, how does that work? How's the chance of other publishers doing the same thing?

Momentary

Banned
One Piece Burning Blood update from Bandai Namco.

We wanted to provide you with a quick update regarding the PC version of One Piece Burning Blood.

We’ve been working diligently to match the console version’s quality with 30 FPS and 1080P resolution. We’re also working on a number of PC specific improvements for the game that will be available at the PC launch of One Piece: Burning Blood including; Key Mapping, Mouse & Keyboard Support, and Controller Compatibility.

Well... at least they aren't trying to hide the face that they are going for parity.

I tell hope Tekken 7 is treated a little better than this. Harada is a big PC gamer. Hopefully he is pushing for a fantastic port.

One Piece Burning Blood update from Bandai Namco.

Well... at least they aren't trying to hide the face that they are going for parity.

I tell hope Tekken 7 is treated a little better than this. Harada is a big PC gamer. Hopefully he is pushing for a fantastic port.
Weren't they showing off the demo on PC at e3? Sounds like they're all in for Tekken PC.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I want Shadowrun: Dragonfall for $0.99
Hook me up Steam.

Mmm, you're probably not gonna get it that low this soon, but Harebrained discounts the Shadowrun games pretty aggressively and fairly quickly. The last deal on it was a Humblebundle where it was the $10 tier.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a BTA tier before the end of the year.

data

Mmm, you're probably not gonna get it that low this soon, but Harebrained discounts the Shadowrun games pretty aggressively and fairly quickly. The last deal on it was a Humblebundle where it was the $10 tier.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a BTA tier before the end of the year.

You're thinking of Hong Kong. Dragonfall has been 2.5$ on steam

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't you have it already from IndieGameStand deal?

Nope. I haven't purchased a game on IGS for a long time. I tend to forget it exists.

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Crowman & Wolfboy -- MB-8F64F734581F687B - Taken by Purkake4
The Big Elk -- MB-CF3A7807E1D72FD3 - Taken by rainking187
Power of Love -- MB-42866FBCCEA6680E - Taken by Vuze
Highrise Heroes: World Challenge -- MB-1A5EE0BC198C80A4 - Taken by redlacs
OddPlanet -- MB-140B83AFE3BAC7AC - Taken by Mikurden
Evertown -- MB-5CF719259B21CFE7 - Taken by Catshade
Disillusions Manga Horror -- MB-C48FD73C08938BDC - Taken by darkchewie
Gimbal -- MB-60B7F9776D6624B1 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Sleep Attack -- MB-7CE150313E701C63 - Taken by fuzzy123
Iron Sky: Invasion -- MB-DEA04C0E82E369AE - Taken by texhnolyze
A grande bagunca espacial - The big space mess -- MB-EC2B10C059600D12 - Taken by Diedac
Solar Shifter Ex -- MB-3D9F02850AC4E162 - Taken by madjoki
Ookibloks -- MB-A0D8EAD24381BD94 - Taken by Deques
Sky to Fly: Faster Than Wind -- MB-52ED417D39968187 - Taken by Kifimbo
Nightmare on Azathoth -- MB-C10DA8098173145D - Taken by voodooray
Spaceforce Rogue Universe HD -- MB-A42ACFCDCEE7CCF4 - Taken by ExoSoul
Fairytales: Three Heroes -- MB-6EE15C52E3012E9D - Taken by Arthea
Midnight -- MB-A7F8C23A4B1713E6 - Taken by Sammichu
Home Sheep Home 2 -- MB-BB193F5FB01A7E9F - Taken by TheMadMan007
Last Horizon -- MB-E48D3B32C59EF4B0 - Taken by Ozium
Project Pulsation -- MB-2DF585F7E7A83BF8 - Taken by bobnowhere
A Wolf in Autumn -- MB-D67595CB01E25E16 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Astrokill -- MB-7B4B90F8BC000895 - Taken by Kuroyume
Sleep Attack #2 -- MB-6C4A74655D9EF2ED - Taken by Kuroyume

zkylon

zkylewd
so, va-11 hall-a is kind of really neat, the art and the music are really impressive (those character portraits are huge!) and the writing is really entertaining so far.

i kind of really like that the idea of job simulator games (and i don't mean like jokey surgeon simulator types) didn't just die with like papers please or cart life, i really like how those kinds of games can put you in a time and a place from a totally different perspective

this one seems a little less mechanically nuanced, which is alright i guess, i appreciate the more relaxed pace compared to those other two, it really wants you to be there unwinding at the bar with jill and friends, just listening to stories, and that's ok too, if i'm being fooled into playing a visual novel i'll play along if it keeps up being this stylish

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

For Narnia -- MB-BC231509DAAF95D5 - Taken by texhnolyze. 4 entrants total.

t1466682200z1.png

Pixieking

Banned
Are there any online retailers that sell Steam Wallet codes that send them straight to your email? Or are they all physical cards sent through the postal system/bought at a store?

Lain

The berserk trailer looks fine to me. I also feel that a Musou represents Berserk pretty well, given the hordes of monsters Guts has to wade through and cut down with his piece of metal.

Pixieking

Banned
Paypal IIRC

Oh, that's cool... And also annoying. Currently living outside of the UK, so hoping I can take advantage of some random foreign currency Steam Wallet sellers in case Leave wins Brexit and everything tanks tomorrow. But Paypal just shoves me back to the UK front-page if I try to buy from a country that isn't the UK. :/

hohoXD123

Oh, that's cool... And also annoying. Currently living outside of the UK, so hoping I can take advantage of some random foreign currency Steam Wallet sellers in case Leave wins Brexit and everything tanks tomorrow. But Paypal just shoves me back to the UK front-page if I try to buy from a country that isn't the UK. :/
Cdkeys send the code online too

Arthea

The berserk trailer looks fine to me. I also feel that a Musou represents Berserk pretty well, given the hordes of monsters Guts has to wade through and cut down with his piece of metal.

IDK, I think that Musou is like one of worst genres Berserk can be, ARPG would be ideal, even AA would work. Musou? not so much, because it is basically only hordes of monsters.

Pixieking

Banned
Cdkeys send the code online too

Hah! Sweeeeeeeeeeet! £20 top-up costing me just over £19 through Paypal.

It'sbetterthannothing.jpg

And that's probably my budget for the sale, unless there's any price-glitched products.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/WhatsOnSteam
What's On Steam
@WhatsOnSteam

An unfiltered view of EVERY SINGLE STEAM LAUNCH! So you don't miss even one. A @dejobaan experiment bot. Not affiliated with Steam.

I got my $50 Steam credit for $40. I'm not planning to buy too much during the Seal since I already have a fuckton full of games I haven't touched yet. Hoping for some early price errors.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got my $50 Steam credit for $40. I'm not planning to buy too much during the Seal since I already have a fuckton full of games I haven't touched yet. Hoping for some early price errors.

Bookmark anything you're interested in that's currently discounted and check the store pages again once the sale has started. It's quite likely that some of the Summer Sale discounts will have stacked atop the pre-existing ones.

Pixieking

Banned
But there is a risk that they one day will be revoked, you never know

Yeahhhhhh, but everything I've heard/read about CDKeys says they're almost as legit as GMG. No-one's actually had anything revoked from CDKeys, and considering that GMG has gone around pulling keys from retail releases and dealt with "authorised distributors" in the past, I think if you're going to accept one, it's only fair to accept the other.

It's not like it's the shady-key-reseller-who-shall-not-be-named.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom