• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingmakers - Official Announcement Trailer

Prepare to rewrite history with Kingmakers, an action/strategy sandbox where you bring guns to a sword fight amidst massive war-torn medieval battles. Build, lead, fight, and change the course of history — coming to PC on Steam, solo, or co-op from the Redemption Road Games team.

ABOUT THIS GAME​

horsekillAztecResolution.gif

1_CONQUER_THE_PAST_TO_SAVE_THE_FUTURE_En.png

You’re the last hope in a dying world. Travel back 500 years, to medieval England, in order to change the course of a bloody war and maybe, if you’re lucky, stave off the apocalypse. Can you tip the scales of history and create a new timeline?

timetravelCustomRes.gif

2_GROUNDBREAKING_MEDIEVAL_SIMULATION_En.png

Each battle you engage in runs as a fully real-time simulation with thousands of soldiers fighting at the same time. Every soldier on the battlefield is controlled by a next-gen multi-threaded AI which controls their decision-making, pathfinding, and loyalty. This, combined with a unique procedural animation system, allows Kingmakers to offer an unprecedented level of character and combat fidelity.

battlefieldAztec.gif

3_BRING_GUNS_TO_A_SWORD_FIGHT_En.png

How many swordsmen do you think you could take out with an AK-47? This is your chance to find out. Use assault rifles, shotguns, grenade launchers, armored SUVs, bikes, attack helos, air strikes and more to make sure the history altering goes smoothly. Put your sharpshooting skills to the test and wreak absolute havoc on the battlefield.

ShootingAndStuff.gif

4_CONQUER_ALONE_OR_TEAM_UP_IN_CO-OP_En.png

Up to three friends can lead their own armies alongside yours, and join in on your conquest in online co-op. Work together to break down the enemy castle’s defenses or defend allied strongholds against hordes of opponents. Prepare for an epic medieval multiplayer experience like no other.

SoldiersRunning.gif

5_COMMAND_YOUR_TROOPS_INTO_BATTLE_En.png

Seamlessly switch between combat and issuing orders, at any time. While the system is easy-to-learn and simple to use, the strategic possibilities are endless. Directly issue orders to the warriors or leave it up to your petty officers, allocate legions of archers, swordsmen, spearmen, and cavalry, build fortifications, and plan your next move before diving back into the fray.

5_-_ordersCompressed.gif

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
looks like a brain dead game like epic battle simulator which probably entertain for the first 10 minutes

intbal

If it was a single-player story driven game with the "guns on ancient battlefields", I'd be interested.

This seems more like a "highly optimized for co-op" game, though.
Not for me.

Gideon

I'm not a fan of guns but man this looks crazy good, wish it was something like bannerlord but more in-depth, would be my dream game.

Del_X

Is this going to be early access? I like the idea of adding more time periods. Looks pretty damn fun.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Always surprised nobody ever did a crazy mashup like this.

You see it with those cpu controlled battle simulators.

I always thought it’d be great fun to have a sandbox game you play and control where it’s different era massive battles ether you control a modern solider, musketeer or cave dude with a club. You can the parameters. You are a guy with guns and night vision goggles hiding. Kill as many ancient era people in the dark as they try to find you in the 100s or 1000s.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I caught this trailer on a stream without even knowing what it was before hand. Just saw a bunch of knights and then a pick-up mowing through them. Made me lol pretty good. Looks like some dumb fun for sure.

eats

If it was a single-player story driven game with the "guns on ancient battlefields", I'd be interested.

This seems more like a "highly optimized for co-op" game, though.
Not for me.

It says it has a single player campaign, and only shows single player in the trailer.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
There's a thread here. :p

Get absolutely rekt, cormack12 cormack12 ! GAF, are you seeing this shit?? He ded!!!!!!1!

Tsaki

A game for a thought every one of us has had at one point: If you sent an Abrams/Navy SEALS/whatever crew back in time with infinite ammo, how would history change??

eats

How are there not more games with this kind of premise. Other than darkest days are there any?

StueyDuck

looks like one of those "lets throw a bunch of bought assets and make a fake trailer" type of games.

i highly doubt it will be that just like the day before wasn't, and that real life sim that was an apparent gta clone game and that one recently where its a survival but has all eras called like the front or something that was total garbo, all of those types of games.

from the makers of .... road redemption :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

eats

looks like one of those "lets throw a bunch of bought assets and make a fake trailer" type of games.

i highly doubt it will be that just like the day before wasn't, and that real life sim that was an apparent gta clone game and that one recently where its a survival but has all eras called like the front or something that was total garbo, all of those types of games.

from the makers of .... road redemption :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It isn't easy at all to get thousands of soldiers running on screen at once like that. This isn't an asset flip.

StueyDuck

Just logistically in a gameplay trailer to do that, is hard. Also tinyBuild is the publisher. This isn't a fake game.
i mean if you feel the need to be the majestic grand knight to protect those in need good on ya.

i can sniff these games out from miles away and this has BS written all over it.

at best you'll get an alpha that barely functions and then the developers drop it after a month.

a publisher doesn't mean anything, they can easily pretend to be developing something and then get the project dropped over time.

Just saw this blowing up on Twitter, that twist 30 seconds into the trailer though, waking up bleary-eyed I thought I was hallucinating lol

Top Bottom