• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - June 02, 2022

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
And people said the "E3" period doesnt have hype anymore.
We knew Sony was gonna have a State of Play during this period.

While im not going to get a PSVR2 im still curious to see what they are bringing to fore.

ParaSeoul

joe-cool-xbox.gif

JaksGhost

If they are focusing on third-party and VR that must mean their PlayStation Showcase is more than likely going to be a "true" PlayStation Showcase with just their first party stuff. This is a good way to get announcements like Stray out of the way.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
How are you gonna have a 30 minute show is what I dont understand. IIRC, in the first 30 minutes of the 2015 show, Sony had a horizon demo, a the last guardian demo, and both the shenmue and FF7 reveals.

These shows should be getting bigger. Gaming is more profitable and bigger than ever but the shows are getting shorter. I really dont understand where all the money is going.
Alot less talking and alot more games hopefully.

As for where the money is going.....you think its cheap funding studios like ND, GG, SSM, Insomniac etc etc.

tmlDan

so there seems to be confusion but the actual blog says: "We’ll have some exciting reveals from our third-party partners, plus a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR2. Watch over at Twitch or on YouTube starting 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern / 12:00am CET."

There is no mention of first party games, unless it's potentially VR. if GoW is really a September launch I bet they have a SoP for GoW only sometimes this summer.

I do share the sentiments in GAF, i wish they would just put it all into one show.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Now, if GoW is not in this, when and where will they show?
Imo its definitelly not here, I mean Barlog came out like 3 weeks ago and said they're not ready to show anything yet. I suspect it will get its own dedicated State of Play just like TLOU 2, Ghosts, Horizon, etc

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Time to get overhyped and then disappointed, the cycle that never ends!

I'll personally wait for a "showcase" to get hyped, SoP's are POS's.

so there seems to be confusion but the actual blog says: "We’ll have some exciting reveals from our third-party partners, plus a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR2. Watch over at Twitch or on YouTube starting 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern / 12:00am CET."

There is no mention of first party games, unless it's potentially VR. if GoW is really a September launch I bet they have a SoP for GoW only sometimes this summer.

I do share the sentiments in GAF, i wish they would just put it all into one show.

Ok I guess we have to wait and see hat happens then. Don’t think they will show us GoW a month before release so we should have another SoP for it earlier than that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Imo its definitelly not here, I mean Barlog came out like 3 weeks ago and said they're not ready to show anything yet. I suspect it will get its own dedicated State of Play just like TLOU 2, Ghosts, Horizon, etc
That was on 4/20. It has been rated in Korea.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Now, if GoW is not in this, when and where will they show?
Why do we even need to see more of GoW? It looks very similar to the first. We know what it plays like. The trailer showed off several new combat elements and areas they all look very similar to the first. And thats by design.

All this new GOW footage will do is spoil probably the best setpiece in the game. I mean do you really want the Thor or Odin reveal/boss fight to be spoiled on a shitty quality State of play strea,? The game isnt doing some fancy next gen stuff. It looks and plays pretty much the same. At best we will get a GOW 1 to GOW2 style game. More refined and more action packed. Why do we need to see more of more of the same?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It's a State of Play guys, not a full showcase. I wouldn't be expecting too much here.

Thing is, we know that the FFXVI trailer is done and is due to be shown in the Spring. As in before June 20. So appearing at this show is a very good bet.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why do we even need to see more of GoW? It looks very similar to the first. We know what it plays like. The trailer showed off several new combat elements and areas they all look very similar to the first. And thats by design.

All this new GOW footage will do is spoil probably the best setpiece in the game. I mean do you really want the Thor or Odin reveal/boss fight to be spoiled on a shitty quality State of play strea,? The game isnt doing some fancy next gen stuff. It looks and plays pretty much the same. At best we will get a GOW 1 to GOW2 style game. More refined and more action packed. Why do we need to see more of more of the same?
People just want a release date, dude.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Keeping my hype low, but this is cool. I really didn't expect anything from them until Summer Ad Fest.

I'm not in the market for PSVR2 since I just got a Quest. But it's going to be pretty neat for people getting into it. If all you've played is PSVR1, it's come a long way since then.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
SOP is mostly about third-party partners. May get one or two sneak peaks for first party. Mentioning it here before the certain people start complaining soon after the show 😂 Excited nevertheless.

My bets:
  • FFVII Remake Part 2 announcement
  • Street Fighter 6 (console exclusive?)
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 (less likely)
  • Stray
  • Tchia
  • PS VR 2 games (third-party)
  • PS VR 2 version of at least one big third-party game.

kyliethicc

How are you gonna have a 30 minute show is what I dont understand. IIRC, in the first 30 minutes of the 2015 show, Sony had a horizon demo, a the last guardian demo, and both the shenmue and FF7 reveals.

These shows should be getting bigger. Gaming is more profitable and bigger than ever but the shows are getting shorter. I really dont understand where all the money is going.
This is a 30 minute advert.

Not an E3 show.

They do SoPs every quarter or so of every year to fulfill 3rd party marketing deals.

Their E3 style showcases are now in September.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
State of Play huh? I guess this means the "Showcase" will be in August/September?
Pretty much.
  • June 2, State of Play for third-party games (just before Xbox show)
  • June 9, something first-party related for Geoff's show (maybe Hideo Kojima's PS Studios game)
  • God of War Ragnarok State of Play w/ release date (soon after Xbox's show)
  • August - Gamescom (something like Final Fantasy XVI)
  • September - Big first-party PlayStation Showcase
  • God of War Ragnarok release.
Sony will be rolling over the next few months.

Top Bottom