• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 announcement/showcase incoming?

ProtoByte

They won't start the marketing before July for this title -- until after Xbox's "E3" show. There's no need in the meantime. By that time, FFXVI would have been released as well.

Jan-Feb are for Forspoken, Hogwart's Legacy, and PS VR 2.
March and April for Horizon Burning Shores and Tchia.
May and June for Final Fantasy XVI.

July-December: Spider-Man 2, Stellar Blade, Helldivers 2, and TLOU Online.
There's no need to wait for Xbox at this point. I think they should have some kind of first party showcase in February. You don't have to hit the ground running with Spider-Man marketing, but for God's sake, show us the damn game.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
There's no need to wait for Xbox at this point. I think they should have some kind of first party showcase in February. You don't have to hit the ground running with Spider-Man marketing, but for God's sake, show us the damn game.
I'd like to see it (and other games) for sure, but I understand why Sony isn't doing much right now.

Did you see the NPD console sales numbers? They're crushing their competition because it doesn't have any games right now.

Sony will show the games to counter Xbox games when they announce/show/release them. Otherwise, if Sony empties the clip now when they don't have to, they won't have much to show when Xbox shows/releases their games. I can already see the pro-Xbox and anti-Sony media campaigns that would happen then. Just like the FUD we saw before the consoles launched.

Even after utterly crushing Xbox in 2022 both in software and hardware, Sony had to deal with this kind of reporting and media FUD:

Last edited:
Top Bottom