• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 announcement/showcase incoming?

I’d rather them remaster OG Spider-Man 2.

On another note, I’ve enjoyed coverage of the MCU, DCU, and whatever else over the last decade.

It’s always fun to watch grown ass men get excited/disappointed/exasperated by a SPIDER-MAN.

In their verbiage, Thanos snap! Not for half, for all. It’s over. It’s all bullshit, it sucks huge ass and I fucking love comics.

Vapes, shitty beards, and Captain America really go hand in hand in ways never conceived or imagined.

I’m thinking they must have hit some milestone recently or they were told to let the god of war hype die a bit, because they haven’t talked about spider-man all year and suddenly a bunch of teases are dropping, same thing happened with god of war earlier this year with their community manger and a few other people dropping hints it was coming

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So they will skip the biggest show of the year only to reveal stuff a few days later?

I mean i would love to see it but it’s like aaron Greenberg saying timing is right after skipping the perfect timing to show their games to 80 million viewers.

Topher

Gold Member
So they will skip the biggest show of the year only to reveal stuff a few days later?

I mean i would love to see it but it’s like aaron Greenberg saying timing is right after skipping the perfect timing to show their games to 80 million viewers.

Not for a "showcase" it wouldn't. You've got a couple of minutes at most at the VGA. That wouldn't work for a Spider-man 2 showcase at all.

Flutta

Banned

I do believe that the spider-man franchise can stand on it’s own feet so to speak.

But i understand what you’re saying. This might be a tease that the PS showcase is upon us 😅

midnightAI

well you dont know how it will be revealed, State of Play or Sony showcase. If there is an actual showcase going to happen I'm pretty sure Sony would want their big reveals there rather than The Game Awards (Horizon DLC isnt a biggie really and showed no game play, and Death Stranding while Sony published isnt a first party game and Kojima and Keighley are buddies)

Why would Sony showcase their biggest games at someone else show? have they ever done that often before?

SJRB

Gold Member
gimme-all-you-got-al-pacino.gif

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Yes, give me a December showcase, just like in the past.

Give me Spider-Man 2, Dragons Dogma 2, Dino Crisis reboot, new Sucker Punch IP and much, much more! Give me everything! ARGHHHHHHH

Last edited:

Ronin_7

Yes, give me a December showcase, just like in the past.

Give me Spider-Man 2, Dragons Dogma 2, Dino Crisis reboot, new Sucker Punch IP, Dino Crisis reboot and much, much more! Give me everything! ARGHHHHHHH
Not happening.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
cannot wait for this one. I just hope they don't split off to much with MM and make Peter the main story. it looks so good though

ProtoByte

Probably had an internal milestone meeting as work wraps up for the year.

I think their will be sony event or state of play in coming days , also in hfw burning shores ps blog post they say that they will share more in very soon
I'm thinking late January or very early February.

sendit

Please no more secondary character player controlled sections. No one enjoyed playing Mary Jane in the first one.

ParaSeoul

Gameplay needs to be reworked,Arkham like gameplay needs to die,something like a next gen web of shadows/prototype would be nice.

Maybe they just wanted to give DS2 its own time to shine? TGA are packed full of other announcements. Can't dump everything on them

ProtoByte

Gameplay needs to be reworked,Arkham like gameplay needs to die,something like a next gen web of shadows/prototype would be nice.
No, I think ParaSeoul's right, at least in part.

I am expecting a decent switch up in gameplay here. Partially because it's logical for Spider-Man. He's a powerful character with powerful villains. With new gen hardware and the foundations of the first game and Miles Morales, there's no excuse not to seriously augment the combat.

I want verticality and momentum: Combat should flow seamlessly between the planes - air, ground and sky (this was already achieved in Web of Shadows, but obviously it should be more polished here) and some enemies should be able to chase or be chased around the city to keep combat on the move instead of being restricted to this rooftop or that alleyway, rolling traversal and combat into each other.

I want to see power and scale: Player characters and enemies should be able to damage and use the environment against each other in a big way; destruction and use of destructibles and world objects. More NPCs, both civillian and enemy to really portray the scale of battle.

Doing just a slightly better version of Miles Morales would be a missed opportunity.

Markio128

I could live with more of the same, but I’m hoping that Insomniac manage to shake up the formula a bit. If we have to play sections as characters without super powers, then I’m hoping that we can do things like drive cars and have car chases, rather than just stealth levels. Maybe even play sections as a cop and fly a helicopter? There’s so much scope to add variety.

ParaSeoul

No, I think ParaSeoul's right, at least in part.

I am expecting a decent switch up in gameplay here. Partially because it's logical for Spider-Man. He's a powerful character with powerful villains. With new gen hardware and the foundations of the first game and Miles Morales, there's no excuse not to seriously augment the combat.

I want verticality and momentum: Combat should flow seamlessly between the planes - air, ground and sky (this was already achieved in Web of Shadows, but obviously it should be more polished here) and some enemies should be able to chase or be chased around the city to keep combat on the move instead of being restricted to this rooftop or that alleyway, rolling traversal and combat into each other.

I want to see power and scale: Player characters and enemies should be able to damage and use the environment against each other in a big way; destruction and use of destructibles and world objects. More NPCs, both civillian and enemy to really portray the scale of battle.

Doing just a slightly better version of Miles Morales would be a missed opportunity.
I said I'd like to see it,probably won't happen.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They won't start the marketing before July for this title -- until after Xbox's "E3" show. There's no need in the meantime. By that time, FFXVI would have been released as well.

Jan-Feb are for Forspoken, Hogwart's Legacy, and PS VR 2.
March and April for Horizon Burning Shores and Tchia.
May and June for Final Fantasy XVI.

July-December: Spider-Man 2, Stellar Blade, Helldivers 2, and TLOU Online.

Top Bottom