• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Throws a 'Thank You Party' for Jim Ryan in Tokyo, Surprises Him with a PS1-themed PS5 and DualSense as a Parting Gift

Pejo

"What's this thing? It plays what? Games? What's that?"
-Jim Ryan probably

*edit*

Holy shit, Ken Kutaragi is there? Last I read about him, he was in the process of building a killer robot or something. Oh, found it:
oOZniOg.jpg

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
What is Ryan going to do with that console, he doesn't play games.

But anti-Sony Twitter geniuses told me he was certainly fired, and we all know those people are never ever wrong…
people at that level don't get fired barring some massive scandal, they are asked to resign and treated respectfully on the way out

Definitely been ousted/forced to leave on early retirement…

That’s whole lot better then a gold plated pen in a cedar box lol
They gotta sell this at some point right….. 30th anniversary is coming up next year

RagnarokIV

Is sad that we all want that PS5 themed controller yet Jimbo doesn't even know how to hold one.

P366PpC.jpg

Looks like me grandad when he used to try joining the fun the young'un rascals were having on their gamestations or xcubes

"What now? I hold this joy-stick gizmo?"

Last edited:

Svejk

Somebody, please edit that cookie into the Ace Ventura cookie scene because I'm too lazy....
"Whattayouknow.... They're little Jimbos!...haha!"
"Faces out!"

DeepSpace5D

That Dualsense looks great, I wish they all had the traditional face color buttons like that one does instead of the uniform gray buttons.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
But anti-Sony Twitter geniuses told me he was certainly fired, and we all know those people are never ever wrong…
Well Ken officially Retired but that's not exactly what happened

poodaddy

So.......how would one go about recreating that beautiful PS5.....and maybe procuring a controller like that.

Asking for a friend.

That Dualsense looks great, I wish they all had the traditional face color buttons like that one does instead of the uniform gray buttons.

They will probably release a consumer-grade dual sense and faceplate for the 30 year anniversary of the PS1 next year and then one for the PS2's 25 year anniversary in 2025.

Melchiah

Waste considering he doesn't like old games, back-compat or legacy products.

“The secret of propaganda is to simplify complex or complicated things, to make them as simple as possible. As simple that even the less ingenious men can understand what I mean. Simplify.” And then, if you had found the form which tells a complicated thing in the simplest way, when you have found this form, then, secondly, repeat it! Repeat it every day. Simplify and repetition. That’s the secret of modern propaganda.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Great show of respect on the part of the Japanese towards that selfish Jim Ryan who closed many Japanese studios.

Jim Ryan must have been very embarrassed.

Top Bottom